Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Emmett_Pwnz_All
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Favorite Scenes

Post by Emmett_Pwnz_All »

OME zee best part: WHEN BELLA WALKED IN AND EMMETT WAVED WITH THE BUTCHER KNIFE! LMHO! That was soooo pricelessness. :D Kellan Lutz had the best performance, ANYTHING WITH HIM PWNED :D
mimiishinlove<3
Image `; [mimimccarty<3 lubs kellmett and the medic droid<3] Karl=TwiGuy#1Mimi2=TwiTwin! :D
OMEEEE ILY GREGORYGORGEOUS<3
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

It didn't make the movie but in the extend scenes we see Bella attack Edward...they should have left it in...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Most of my favourites have already been mentioned, but just to say that I too loved loved loved the baseball scene. I love that they played Supermassive Black Hole during it; it just fit with the scene. I love when Edward and Emmett crashed into one another LOL and Jasper...defo super hot with that baseball bat!! And at the end of the scene when Alice sees the nomads coming and just screams "stop", and everyone comes running back. It gives me goosebumps!

I loved meeting the Cullens. I think everyone played the Cullens really well, and I thought it was really funny how they were learning to cook for Bella coming to visit. That cracks me up every time I see the film! And when Alice tells Bella she smells nice, and she's like "um..thanks" :lol:

Prolly a favourite part of the film for me tho was a scene that wasn't even in the book. When Bella storms into the woods, and Edward follows her and they have the whole "I know what you are" conversation. I really liked how they done that. Especially when Edward says "say it. out loud. say it", and she whispers "vampire". I think its filmed really well.

Ooh, and the kiss. Incredibly hot!!

Oh, and I just thought of another bit LOL. The fight scene when James just begins to bite Bella and Edward swoops in and slams into him, throwing him off Bella. I was like "wow!!". The whole fight I thought was excellent! And when Edward is sucking out the venom, and Carlislewas like "Edward you're killing her". Did you see the look on Robert Pattinson's face?? And he grips her arm tighter. Wow. Just....wow.
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
BellaSwan1234
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BellaSwan1234 »

their first kiss scene in bellas bedroom and the prom scene when they r under those lights

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Drunkster
Settled in Forks

Post by Drunkster »

I totally love this movie. My favourite scenes were:

- baseball scene because they had so much fun

- scene in the school where Bella asks Edward if he has contact lenses

- well, all the scenes where Edward and Bella touch each others :oops:
Jestak
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Jestak »

Can I be the 287th person in this thread to say how much I loved the baseball scene. There's just so much packed into it:

-Alice's look of anticipation just before the storm breaks and her ballet move/wind-up.
-Esme making Bella feel welcome and her "I know you cheat" to Emmett
-Rosalie being the slugger who always takes it deep, her glare when Bella calls her out, and Carlisle's "nice kitty."
-Carlisle's retro athletic wear (a scarf and sweater--very Dink Stover) and his pointing with his bat
-Jasper's bat twirling
-Emmett's warm-up moves and his climbing the tree to catch Jasper's drive and Rosalie's "my monkey man."
-Edward and Emmett's contretemps in the outfield.

A couple of other scenes I also really liked:

At the Cullen's, when they're preparing to get Bella to safety and take out James: I love how the whole crew has switched over from the fun-and-games mood of the baseball scene to being all-business. Also, Alice reassuring Edward that she and Jasper can protect Bella, and Carlisle's rebuke of Rosalie: "she is part of this family now." A nice little tweaking of the scene in the book which illuminates Carlisle's character very effectively.

Finally, the segment at the ballet studio. Not so much the fight, as the character interactions--although I did also like Alice going ballistic on James there, too.

Edit to add: My favorite film director of all, Howard Hawks, used to say that the key to a good movie was "three good scenes, no bad scenes." Or something like that. Anyway, even by my somewhat exacting standards, Twilight clears the "Hawks bar" with ease.
"May the hinges of friendship never rust, nor the wings of love lose a feather"--Scottish blessing
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I also like the fight scene. Glad they added that in there since it was not in the book. You had to use your imagination like in the honeymoon.
Banner by TammyAZ
goldeneyedgirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by goldeneyedgirl14 »

Hey There Elizah wrote:
goldeneyedgirl14 wrote:
AliceLauren wrote:I like the part where they are in the restaurant:
"I need some answers."
"Yes, no, to get to the other side, 1.772..."
"I don't want to know the square route of pi."

Priceless.

And then when Edward first walks into the cafeteria with his family, and he laughs cause he hears Jessica's thoughts. And then he stars at her. EEppp.

But is Emmett really holding a bag of eggs? And does it really look like Edward flicks Emmett off during the baseball scene?

I am so going to watch for that now.
Holy crow i love that part in the resteraunt i had completely forgot about it. I have a question of my own: does edward take bella's pants off during the kiss scene?

no, she already had them off.. you could tell on the wide angle shot before they zoomed it in. it's on one of the trailers.

thx for the clarification!!!
"Ooooooh, scary."- Emmet Cullen Breaking Dawn
Team emmet.
"I have alot of scars like yours, Bella."-Jasper Hale Eclipse
Team Jasper.
Both are so hot, why should I have to decide?
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

My favourite scene is the at the prom, where they're dancing while Victoria watches them. Every time I watch it, it makes me want to watch it all over again.

I also like the biology scene, especially the big close ups.

And finally 'THE kiss'! :)
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

izzysmum wrote:My favourite scene is the at the prom, where they're dancing while Victoria watches them. Every time I watch it, it makes me want to watch it all over again.

IzzysMum~ Please forgive me for hating on your scene, but that is actually my least favorite scene in the entire film. It's my purist nature. In the novels, there's absolutely no way on gods green that Victoria would have gotten within miles of Prom. Alice would have seen her decide to go, and even if she avoided that little pitfall, Edward would have sensed her thoughts before they got near the place. At the very very worst, he would have smelled her and gotten Bella the hell out of dodge. I actually physically cringed when that scene was on in the movie theaters. I haven't ever seen it on my DVD. I always stop the film when the camera pans down to the little fountain.

In my mind, its one more way that MR demonstrated a total lack of understanding of the characters.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS