Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
snow
Settled in Forks

Re: Favorite Scenes

Post by snow »

I really like the scene where Edward got a bit carried away showing his powers to Bella, and the entrence of the Cullens in the cafeteria was too cool! And the part where Edward saves Bella in Port Angeles- some serious hotness right there! :P

I was really touched by the scence when Bella freaks out when Edward says he should leave, it made me shed a tear :roll: :D

Edit: Oh, and Bella's dream in which Edward bit her.. :shock:

Edit2: When Alice rips James' head off I was going all WOHOO :D
-veiled-
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by -veiled- »

I absolutely loved about everything in the movie - the special effects in "Edward's meadow" where not so much my favorite because I was excited about seeing him sparkle, but I still loved the scene.

I would also have to say I liked the baseball scene. They played Muse's "Supermassive Black Hole", which I thought was perfect & I absolutely LOVED the prom scene when they were dancing in the gazebo. They played my fav song on the soundtrack Iron & Wine - "Flightless Bird, American Mouth". While my boyfriend and I were leaving the theatre, I heard a few people say it was a stupid song to play for such a romantic part, but I thought it was the best.

All in all, I loved just about every scene in the movie even with the flaws.
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

Favorite moments within scenes were the sunglasses "going to hell anyway" bit, the grimace after he says "not like drinking your blood would be" and there's that moment of "why did I say that?!" the glare between Jacob and Edward at Prom, the kissing of the neck at prom, The Kiss in the bedroom... is it getting warm in here? Seriously, last night the woman behind me started hyperventilating during The Kiss and I briefly considered CPR before I realized if she didn't survive it meant one less competitor for Rob...

Anyway, like everyone else, the baseball scene was the absolute best. Everyone looked hot and was perfectly in character, and the music was perfect, and it was just fun!!! I felt like the effects were much better in that scene as well - they were just okay everywhere else, but I didn't mind them not being great because I still got to look at Rob, but in this scene everything looked really good.

But I think I'm the only one to comment on this part of it - did they leave an outtake in??? Right after Emmett and Edward slam into each other, they sort of roll onto the ground laughing, and I swear what Rob says at that point is with his british accent. I've seen the movie three times now, and every time I try to figure out what he says, and I can't, but it just sounds british to me.
Simaylien
Settled in Forks

Post by Simaylien »

My favourite scenes were the biology class scene where Edward covers his mouth, Edward and Bella walking through parking lot together for the first time (love his shades!) and where all the Cullens walk into the cafeteria.
"Your hair looks like a haystack... but I like it." - Edward Cullen
Hey There Elizah
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Hey There Elizah »

amie wrote:But I think I'm the only one to comment on this part of it - did they leave an outtake in??? Right after Emmett and Edward slam into each other, they sort of roll onto the ground laughing, and I swear what Rob says at that point is with his british accent. I've seen the movie three times now, and every time I try to figure out what he says, and I can't, but it just sounds british to me.
He says, "What are you doing?" and emmett says, "back off." or something to that effect.
I've been Jazzled! Vampire Baseball is sexy! Randomness Regular! <3
Pvt. Elizah Loveless of Jasper's Confederate Army - Stainless Claret!
Wrecking Ball Operator @ EDC, Inc.
mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by mgrassel06 »

Hey There Elizah wrote:
amie wrote:But I think I'm the only one to comment on this part of it - did they leave an outtake in??? Right after Emmett and Edward slam into each other, they sort of roll onto the ground laughing, and I swear what Rob says at that point is with his british accent. I've seen the movie three times now, and every time I try to figure out what he says, and I can't, but it just sounds british to me.
He says, "What are you doing?" and emmett says, "back off." or something to that effect.

That's what I thought he said, too. I thought it was too cute. :)
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
Deja
Learning to Love Green

Post by Deja »

1. Vampire Baseball. So hot. First part I liked Jasper the most in, also. Loved everything about it.

2. Intro to the Cullens in the Cafeteria. I liked the music.

3. Her googling Vampires after coming back from Port Angeles, and the subsequent looking for him at school and then walking past him, wanting him to follow. I kind of loved the build up and the score here was amazing.

4. Port Angeles at dinner. Her look at the waitress (it was funny, some girl behind me goes, really loudly "I thought the waitress was supposed to be pretty.") was cute, and I sort of dig Edward's voice, his proper way of speaking, his accent is amazing, it's very...well, proper is the only way I know how to explain it. I think it's spot on. And him talking about what everyone is thinking.

5. When Tyler kisses Bella's cheek the first day and pulls the chair out from Mike. Love it.

6. Speaking of, I LOVE when they are in the hospital and Charlie is bitching at Tyler, and he keeps trying to apologize and then he just shuts the curtain on him. Everyone in our theatre laughed.

7. I love all the human people. Jessica and Mike during Volleyball, she was perfect. And the girls when Edward meets them at Port Angeles, they are just kind of like ".......*giggle*...." when he wants to take her dinner.

8. Prom.
9. Meadow.

OOH and this is higher than ten. When he picks her up after that first day and takes her to school, and they play spotlight (the lyrics are perfect for this part..you're one of us..the spotlight is on..) and he's got his sunglasses on. I almost fainted.

Okay, basically I loved every bit of the movie.
heh
viokagloring
Wandering Through Town

Post by viokagloring »

i loved everything!!!

but really. the kiss!! tops everything in the world, for me. i was dying just watching it.

and wow. that was the sexiest game of baseball i have ever seen in my life.

"her name IS bella." too friggin cute!

yeah emmett and edward running into each other and laughing. also too cute.

jasper just looking like a sexy badass with the baseball bat. --just the baseball scene over all.

loved the action scene!

oh basically every scene with charlie in it. haha pepperspray!! and the shotgun! holy crow hilarious!

gah i could name the whole friggin movie.

...strong emotions can alter us in permanent ways.
Rob
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Rob »

Baseball with Jasper and Emmet? Sounds fun. Other than that i just enjoyed looking at Kristen and Christian.
By holyguacamole43 at 2008-05-31
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

I just saw it for the second time and there were a couple of things I had missed before that someone else on the Lex pointed out. I love the Cullens entrance at lunch, but I'm confused as to why Emmett is carrying a bag of eggs. Weird. I think Stephenie has some sort of obsession with them. I mean it's basically all Bella eats before learning she's pregnant.

And the baseball scene, which is still my favorite part, had something unexpected that I hope nobody catches and edits out when it comes time for the DVD. After Emmett and Edward crash into each other and fall to the ground, Edward totally gives Emmett the finger! I could be seeing it wrong, but that's what it looks like to me. Thanks to whoever it was that noticed it and posted it somewhere on here. Sorry I forgot who it was. Oops.

The kiss scene gets better each time. I know it wasn't supposed to be that intense, but dayum it's good. Lol. Love it!
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮