Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Angel
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by Angel »

In the boat house scene, laurent says to James, "James, let's not play with our food."

In Midnight Sun, Edwards says the same thing to Emmett while they are out hunting and Emmet is teasing the bear.

Angel x
Watching Twilight is like my own personal brand of herion. I need my daily fix.
grace-cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by grace-cullen »

OMG! The scene when Edward and Bella arrive at the school and Edward says "since i'm going to hell" cracked me up! :lol:
And the comments about the wolves hahahahaha! Also Billy's scenes, like when he says "Just keepin' it real son" hahahahahahha! :lol:

:lol: And what about the kitchen scene when Alice appears with Jasper and she says that Bella smells great, Edward looks at her like "what? Oh lord" and he says "Alice, what are you-?" and she interrups him saying that she and Bella are going to be great friends and then when Jasper introduces himself to Bella and Alice says "Don't worry Jasper, you won't hurt her" XD :lol: I was laughin a lot! Def in my Top 10 of fav scenes! :D
You. Me. Arm Wrestling. Dining Room Table. Now
-Bella, Breaking Dawn
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join the Vampires and lets kill some wolves!: Bitefight
Angel
Wandering Through Town

Post by Angel »

Anyone notice in the Baseball scene, when Carlisle goes to take his shot, he points the baseball at the sky before he hits the ball. While this scene was on I was telling hubby that Peter (Carlisle) was the baseball expert on the set, hubby replied, "ah that is why he's just done a "Babe Ruth". Apparently Babe Ruth would point his baseball bat at the sky before hitting the ball too.

PS We are from the UK so I have no real understanding of baseball. lol But thought it was a cute move.

Angel x
Watching Twilight is like my own personal brand of herion. I need my daily fix.
goldeneyedgirl14
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by goldeneyedgirl14 »

CantBreathe wrote:
amie wrote:I imagined it was something along the lines of "by "animal" I mean "vampires"" "Anyone we know?" "No one I've met before." "working alone?" "I smelled three" or something like that.

Am I going senile (possible) or was there absolutely no mention of the "Cullen Crest" in the books? I just have no recollection of this whatsoever, and while I liked the wristlet Edward wore (I just happen to like that style on guys, always have) it seemed a little too "marketing opportunity" to me. So I'm hoping that it's mentioned all the time and I was too busy in my own little fantasies to notice...
That was pretty much what I imagined their "conversation" to be as well. Nope, the Cullen Crest was not in the books. It really was just a marketing opportunity created for the movie. I actually like it though even if it is selling out a bit, seems like it could have been in the books, it's not too unrealistic.
i watched something befor the movie came out and they said they put that in ther to unite thecullens. but they do sell them. i saw alice's at hot topic and it was actually pretty nice and cool looking. :roll:
"Ooooooh, scary."- Emmet Cullen Breaking Dawn
Team emmet.
"I have alot of scars like yours, Bella."-Jasper Hale Eclipse
Team Jasper.
Both are so hot, why should I have to decide?
SCSugar
Settled in Forks

Post by SCSugar »

Angel wrote:Anyone notice in the Baseball scene, when Carlisle goes to take his shot, he points the baseball at the sky before he hits the ball. While this scene was on I was telling hubby that Peter (Carlisle) was the baseball expert on the set, hubby replied, "ah that is why he's just done a "Babe Ruth". Apparently Babe Ruth would point his baseball bat at the sky before hitting the ball too.

PS We are from the UK so I have no real understanding of baseball. lol But thought it was a cute move.

Angel x
Yep, I remember when Carlisle pulled a Babe but didn't think a lot of other people would get it. I didn't realize Peter was such a baseball expert. Interesting.
XxKatiexX
Settled in Forks

Post by XxKatiexX »

It was pretty ironic when bella tried to distract Edward in the car and said..''could you put your seatbelt on'' and Edward was just laughing about that. It was funny how he said that.
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

when bellas notices edward isnt there i noticed that some of cullens are actually eating
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
JodeenSings
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: By my Spaceheater fighting off DISNEY PEOPLE with a spork!

Post by JodeenSings »

heartsjasper wrote:when bellas notices edward isnt there i noticed that some of cullens are actually eating
They play with their food, but I think Emmet is actually chewing . . . .
~~~Image~~~
team turtle - that's how we roll
^Is that dorky enough for you Taylor?^
* My Dork Prowess - Spork Fencing! *
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

I liked when Charlie told Bella about someone being attacked by an animal, that he had to go to Masen County. Masen was Edward's last name before he met Carlisle. And also, when Bella is looking at the map trying to find where Port Angeles was, there was a Lincoln Park which of course Linkin Park has a song on the soundtrack.

I'm not sure what the joke is here, but did anyone notice that Emmett carries a bag of eggs into the lunch room? And then when Edward and Charlie are sitting at the table waiting for Bella to come down before Prom, there are 2 eggs sitting in a little basket. I know in NM Emily fixes dozens of eggs for the pack and then in BD all Bella eats before finding out she's pregnant are bunches of eggs. What's the deal here? Is there some sort of inside joke that SM has going on that we don't know about? I'm so lost. Lol.

I did notice during the lunchroom scene that Emmett was chewing on something. I thought it was funny. Not sure why he was doing that.
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Oh I didn't think of those! Mason County and Lincoln Park are actually places in Washington too though so I wonder if those were intentional references or not.
I thought I heard something about the eggs somewhere but now I forgot. I just thought it was because Emmett was such a big dude that he looked like the type of guy that would be loading up on protein all the time :lol:
As far as the chewing, I thought they were just trying to look like they were eating their food... keeping up the human facade.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!