Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
FrenchGirl
Wandering Through Town

Re: Twilight movie~ Inside jokes

Post by FrenchGirl »

ForJazz926 wrote:Why the heck did Billy drive?

Those masks that are on the Cullens' wall right after Edward introduces Bella to his fam - they look like tribal masks - but there is one row that is full of some kind of creature with sharp teeth. Are they werewolves? Are they creatures from vampire legends?

The morning Bella arrives at school without Edward, why doesn't she have a backpack?

In the scene right after Edward spends the night, they show a shot of the house. I think Emmett's jeep is parked outside Charlie's house.
For Billy driving, it was a big and so obvious mistake. :shock:

For Emmett's jeep : it's the scene where Edward meets Charlie for the first time. He's waiting outside when Bella tells Charlie she's dating with Edward Cullen. After that, they go to the baseball game. That's why Emmett's jeep is parked outside Charlie's house.
"I coveted you." His smile darkened. "I had no right to want you -- but I reached out and took you anyway. And now look what's become of you ! Trying to seduce a vampire."
Edward, Eclipse, p.454-455
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Lol I know...
Maybe they got some new technology in their car so he could drive? :lol:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

FrenchGirl wrote:For Emmett's jeep : it's the scene where Edward meets Charlie for the first time. He's waiting outside when Bella tells Charlie she's dating with Edward Cullen. After that, they go to the baseball game. That's why Emmett's jeep is parked outside Charlie's house.
OMG. I feel like a total tool for not realizing that. At first I was like, "but Edward would have driven the Volvo if it was him waiting out there." But then *smacks forehead* he took the jeep so he could "offroad." I am so dense sometimes.

Image Image
FrenchGirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by FrenchGirl »

ForJazz926 wrote:
FrenchGirl wrote:For Emmett's jeep : it's the scene where Edward meets Charlie for the first time. He's waiting outside when Bella tells Charlie she's dating with Edward Cullen. After that, they go to the baseball game. That's why Emmett's jeep is parked outside Charlie's house.
OMG. I feel like a total tool for not realizing that. At first I was like, "but Edward would have driven the Volvo if it was him waiting out there." But then *smacks forehead* he took the jeep so he could "offroad." I am so dense sometimes.
:lol: It happens ! No one is perfect. Maybe you should watch the movie once again. :D
"I coveted you." His smile darkened. "I had no right to want you -- but I reached out and took you anyway. And now look what's become of you ! Trying to seduce a vampire."
Edward, Eclipse, p.454-455
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Okay, I just thought of this for some reason, but I have no idea if it is intentional or just me trying to squeeze meaning out of something.
In the scene where Bella and Edward are in the forest and doing the 'I know what you are' thing, Bella is standing as if she is marking Edward on a 't', like you might in netball.
Probably it means nothing, but it could be that Edward is trying to avoid the conversation and Bella is marking him and wanting to stay with him. (?)
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

Well, I don't know what "netball" or "marking" is. Maybe Catherine Hardwicke does, though. I looked it up and although it originated in the U.S., it is now primarily played in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK. Americans seem to have replaced it with a love for basketball. Just guessing, but I think that since it's an American book and an American movie...it is just a coincidence. I like where your head's at, though - I love to analyze the guts out of everything, too.

Image Image
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

Yeh, I'm in New Zealand and netball is so popular... I play it :mrgreen:
...as for Bella 'marking' him :S
Idk? Didn't notice anything like that.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Alu Rathbone
Buying a Better Raincoat
Location: In Jacksons room as he seranades me upon his guitar.

Post by Alu Rathbone »

Kymberli wrote:My favorite is at the end when Edward goes to park the car and Jacob comes up to Bella. When Edward and Bella walk away Edward says I leave alone for a minute and the wovles descend. I love it!!
Oh My Carlisle!!!! The look that they gave one another was classic... and myself and about half the theater all said in hushed voices, It begins! It was hysterical...

There were also parts in the movie that those who read the book found funny and the rest of the theater didn't quite get!

And the part right before Charlie got up to meet Edward was great... my mom and i started laughing cause my mom always threatens the guys my sister brings home! haha... "We have a shot gun, don't do anything stupid!" All it is a leftover metal tube. lol

Join the United Twilight Academy Site... brought to you by the best TA admin ever!!!
http://unifiedsociety.forumotion.net/forum.htm http://alunarathbone.forumotion.net/index
Lorabell
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Lorabell »

FrenchGirl wrote:

Those masks that are on the Cullens' wall right after Edward introduces Bella to his fam - they look like tribal masks - but there is one row that is full of some kind of creature with sharp teeth. Are they werewolves? Are they creatures from vampire legends?

The morning Bella arrives at school without Edward, why doesn't she have a backpack?

In the scene right after Edward spends the night, they show a shot of the house. I think Emmett's jeep is parked outside Charlie's house.

For Emmett's jeep : it's the scene where Edward meets Charlie for the first time. He's waiting outside when Bella tells Charlie she's dating with Edward Cullen. After that, they go to the baseball game. That's why Emmett's jeep is parked outside Charlie's house.
Ummm... you know that you can convert cars to drive for people who are disabled, right?
I always imagined this as an extension of why Billy sells his old truck to Charlie - that he's getting a new one, fitted so he can drive it after his accident left him in a wheelchair.

Anyway, my real reason for posting on this thread was to ask: you know the scene where Edward drives Bella to school and he's wearing shades - do you think Rob had to wear those because his eyes were extra sensitive to the lenses that day?
It just seems a very random wardrobe choice for Forks - especially since it's meant to look like they never step into the sun.
Lorabell

SIGN the New Moon Cast PETITION!
http://www.TeamSolomon.weebly.com
Jadey

Post by Jadey »

Lorabell wrote:
FrenchGirl wrote:

Ummm... you know that you can convert cars to drive for people who are disabled, right?
I always imagined this as an extension of why Billy sells his old truck to Charlie - that he's getting a new one, fitted so he can drive it after his accident left him in a wheelchair.

Anyway, my real reason for posting on this thread was to ask: you know the scene where Edward drives Bella to school and he's wearing shades - do you think Rob had to wear those because his eyes were extra sensitive to the lenses that day?
It just seems a very random wardrobe choice for Forks - especially since it's meant to look like they never step into the sun.
In that scene, it was quite sunny-ish, but not enough to make Eddie all shiny, so um, he was just tryna fit in with all the other kids by wearing sunglasses? Lol. Just a guess.
^ by ForJazz
- Kristen Stewart