Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
topfrog007
Settled in Forks

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by topfrog007 »

With all the success of Twilight and New Moon, I think there will most definitely be a 4th film. The films have grossed so much money for the studios there's no way they could pass up the chance on a 4th movie. Unless some of the big actors/actresses refused to do a 4th movie.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I just hate the waiting...wish Summit would decide already. With the numbers NM brought in, I'd think it would be a no brainer for them. Wonder what's holding them back from deciding?

Thank you Naureen!!
swedishskinjer
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by swedishskinjer »

Well, I do believe that Summit intends to adapt Breaking Dawn, but they don't want to announce anything until all of the significant details are set: director, main actors, areas for filming, etc. Wyck Godfrey (sp?), one of the producers, basically said that they have every intention to conclude the saga, and a recent response to HisGoldenEyes from Summit said that they look forward to bringing Breaking Dawn to theaters, but any information concerning the production would be too premature at the moment. Even all of the actors have admitted that it wouldn't make sense to *not* finish the series with a forth film, since I believe that they are contractually obliged to do one more movie with the studio. Why would Summit choose to end the film adaptations with Eclipse, since the story that they have started to adapt isn't finished yet?

Even the official website for the entire saga has a "Breaking Dawn" tab in the movie section, but it only says COMING SOON. Again, I don't think that they would add this if filming for Breaking Dawn wasn't being discussed behind closed doors.
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

Didn't one of the cast members say that they were going to film in Portland in later 2010? It would make sense because of Vancouver hosting the Olympics and the first movie was filmed in Portland anyway.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

marielle wrote:
I do worry a bit about the rating. Even though the book isn't very descriptive about the sex scene, the birthing scene isn't suitable for the younger people among us. The book is written for young adults, in my eyes that means 16 and older....
so I think the movie should also be rated 16 and older...
now I know summit would never do that because it would cost them a lot of money.... but seriously.. which parrent allows a 13 year old to read such a book in the first place...
Ok maybe I'm a bit old fashioned in that statement...so maybe a directors cut... :?:
I literally laughed out loud at this. I'm 14 and I was 14 when I read BD, and no doubt if I was 13 when I read it, my comprehension wouldn't have been any different. My 11 year old cousin has read Breaking Dawn and she understood it and everything just like someone four or five years older than her would have. I mean Breaking Dawn really isn't all that shocking or inappropriate.
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
theotherStephanie
Wandering Through Town
Location: Really in Washington, sitting under a Madrone tree waiting for Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun

Post by theotherStephanie »

If I'm not mistaken, Stephenie Meyer herself said recently that talks were happening about the BD movie. It seems it was in the interview questions that were asked of her as part of her recent Oprah appearance, but that did not make the actual tv appearance segment.
Carlisle's medical transcriptionist
Edward's piano student
Esme's historic restoration research assistant
Alice's wardrobe consultant
Who knew cold hands could be so HOT??!!
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

Breaking Dawn could certainly be rated PG-13.

Has anyone seen The Illusionist with Edward Norton? For the sex scene, they would be able to imply physical interaction without making said interaction as obnoxious as the sex scene in Watchmen (2008). In The Illusionist, we were still able to see the nude forms, but they were appropriately shadowed in a darkened environment. This would certainly work for Breaking Dawn, since the sex was only implied in the book, too.

As for the birth scene, they could tone it down a bit without losing the point. Still, has anyone seen Drag Me to Hell, Sam Raimi's latest horror flick? That film was PG-13, and yet they were still able to add quite a bit of mature content in it, from the implied murder of a cat to other disgusting shock scenes. I'm sure that they could cleverly handle the birth in Breaking Dawn without unnecessarily making the adaptation an R movie.

Breaking Dawn isn't *that* mature.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

The agreement with SM was that they CANNOT be rated "R" so if Summit wants to make it they HAVE to make it rated PG-13.

I think for the birthing scene they can show faces... like how they panned between Edward and Bella's face after James bit her. Just a lot of screaming and some fake blood but not show her stomach or anything.
swedishskinjer

Post by swedishskinjer »

Amanda Beth wrote:The agreement with SM was that they CANNOT be rated "R" so if Summit wants to make it they HAVE to make it rated PG-13.

I think for the birthing scene they can show faces... like how they panned between Edward and Bella's face after James bit her. Just a lot of screaming and some fake blood but not show her stomach or anything.
PG-13 does allow for a bit of mature content, with Drag Me to Hell and Titanic being two excellent examples of smartly making the most out of a rating that does assume some measure of maturity from the audience.

They could show Bella's exposed stomach, in addition to the blood. What they couldn't show is any explicit crotch shots (Knocked Up, anyone?) or excessive nudity to the audience. However, they would most likely be able to partially reveal parts of Bella's exposed upper body. I'm sure that a PG-13 audience could handle some bare skin (stomach, upper breast, etc), since partial nudity is implied on Isle Esme (which should be the highlight of romantic interaction in the movie).

If they *do* make BD, I hope that they don't assume that the audience needs a watered down version of what occurs in the book. PG-13 is the only rating that they could possibly have, but that doesn't mean that they have to shy away from some mature content. I don't want everything to be implied.

Here's an example of how they could handle the Isle Esme sex scene:

Look at Titanic, which was a PG-13 film. During the sex scene between Jack and Rose, we are able to see the upper half of their bare bodies (nothing explicit in shown), and nudity is implied. They could very easily make this sex scene intimate and artistic without doing a romantic cop-out (I would be infuriated if they did a complete fade and transition into the next scene without showing the consummation of Bella and Edward's marriage). Summit should be bold enough to not talk down to a PG-13 audience by looking at films like The Illusionist and Titanic for inspiration. Do some shadowing around their bare bodies. Take Titanic's route by looking at how smartly they hid anything explicit in the "car sex scene" between Rose and Jack by focusing on their upper bodies. Focus on their bare backs.

Just be artistic (hand against the foggy car window, anyone?), Summit. Don't take any cop-out, because PG-13 allows you to experiment with mature concepts without watering them down to the most basic, elementary level. I'd rather not have the screen completely fade to black a few seconds before something happens, because that doesn't show the passion and significance of Edward giving himself to Bella on such a dangerous, intimate level.

Nothing in Breaking Dawn is inappropriate for a mature PG-13 audience, assuming that they are smart.

Anyone else agree?
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

Kristen has said in an interview recently that it's going to be made. She just hasn't heard anything yet on director, when, or even seen a script for it. I think I also heard that Kristen, Rob, & Taylor all have signed contracts to do it. They're probably still figuring out if it'll be 1 or 2 movies, finding the right director who can do it right, and where they are going to film it. I'm just anxious to hear an official word from Summit. Any info would be nice.

I'm pretty sure they can do it justice & still be able to keep a PG-13 rating. Think of all the PG-13 movies out there & the stuff they have in them now days. Some I've thought should b rated R. I like what swedishskinjer said & explanation. (Too bad we can't forward that to Summit somehow!) I would be willing to wait as long as it takes them to figure out how they're going to do everything for this movie, even if that means a few years. I REALLY want to see the wedding & Bella as a vampire!

A side note at Comic-Con last year (July 2009) when asked what scene they were looking forward to filming in the future Kristen said being pregnant & Rob said the cesarian. (Both answers surprised me. I can't quite picture Kristen being pregnant. :? ) So we know they're looking forward to doing it!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson