Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Blu
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by Blu »

I doubt the BD movie will have sex in it. SM didnt even really write it in the book but the idea of them having sex is there.. Most likely there will be like 10-20 secs of blurry movement or something like that. lol
Team Edward, our Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Veghead Vamps
MissWhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by MissWhitlock »

I dont think they should get REALLY into the sex thing, like that new vampire show True Blood, has anyone seen that? Their sex scenes are REALLY out there and, they have TOO MUCH information in them most of the time.
But, I think they should put in that scene with the skinny dipping and then after that, going into the house and maybe a minute more or less, of Edward and Bella kissing on the bed and then put in the stuff like him bruising her and the pillow..s and the headboard.
I think with the heart beating thing, while theyre delivering the baby, they should put in Jacob's and Bella's heartbeat in too, makes the suspense even more thrilling. And, then, when they deliver the baby, they can put in the baby's heartbeat too. The fast thumpa thumpas Stephenie described in the book. That would be cool.
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

I wouldn't want to see it.
Archaic Lamb
Settled in Forks

Post by Archaic Lamb »

A BD movie would be really interesting to see, in my opinion.
I'd like to see all of the vampires coming together at the end, and which actors and actresses would play them.

Though the only reason I would see the BD movie is to see which actors'd be chosen to play the Romanians. :'D
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Dazzled_by_Cullens said earlier that sex sells, which is unfortunately true. But honestly, something without sex can sell just as much as something that does. I mean, Twilight is the perfect example. And even in BD, that happens after their married and that, all we know is that it happened. I think they should keep the movie the same way.
But Stephenie had a contract made with Summit before hand about things that couldn't be changed in the book, and guidlines, one of which was the promise of a rating no higher than PG-13. I'm certain she did that for NM and EC. So I don't think that it would be any different for BD. If they ask for an R rating, I can't say what Steph'll do, but I hope she won't cave in. I really, really, really hope so.
And as for the violence I think that they could lessen that more, because the only gruesome part is Nessie's birth. Which Bella can keep her bra on, and they won't show what Edward's doing, maybe just focus on Jacob keeping her heart beating.
Will it be bloody? Yes. But will it be R-rated gory? I don't think so, as long as Edward's work isn't shown much.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
xxlacantantexx
Settled in Forks

Post by xxlacantantexx »

i think breaking dawn should be 1 movie. i do disagree with not showing the pregancy cause that ties in with the prelogue(sp?) i also disagree with starting off at the wedding, thats dumb plus i want to see bella's car.!
it'd be interesting to see what they do nessy.
thursa14
Settled in Forks

Post by thursa14 »

What I've been wondering about is the casting. I was under the impression that Kristen and Rob had each signed three-movie deals? And Rob has said he thinks he has about three years left to reasonably play a 17-year-old. A Breaking Dawn film would be so hard to get right, too - not just in light of the sex/violence elements, but simply because it is so different from the previous three. I know the book has it's fans, but I personally found it a little jarring and lacking in continuity (especially with the character of Edward). These are just my thoughts, of course! What do people think?
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I understand that they are going to get older, but how much sense would it make to do three movies, with the same cast, and then all of a sudden switch. Even with this whole Taylor Lautner thing, it doesn't make sense to switch him, since everyone is already familiar with this cast!...
-breaths-
ImageImage
E<3B
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

thursa14 wrote:What I've been wondering about is the casting. I was under the impression that Kristen and Rob had each signed three-movie deals? And Rob has said he thinks he has about three years left to reasonably play a 17-year-old. A Breaking Dawn film would be so hard to get right, too - not just in light of the sex/violence elements, but simply because it is so different from the previous three. I know the book has it's fans, but I personally found it a little jarring and lacking in continuity (especially with the character of Edward). These are just my thoughts, of course! What do people think?

I am sure that Rob was thinking that he doesn't want to get type-cast into this type of chatacter or genre as well. Plus, he does have a point how long can he really believably play a 17 year old. But, I think it will all depend on how much much New Moon and Eclipse will make if they decide to do Breaking Dawn and what will be in it for him too. I think he is just trying to be smart and cover all his bases.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
thewall28304
Settled in Forks

Post by thewall28304 »

I think Breaking Dawn could be condensed to one film,primarily because the first book from Bella's pov is only seven chapters. I'm pretty sure if we get to see Breaking Dawn,most of the highlights from the book will be shown. Some of the Jacob chapters will be cut of course for pacing reasons,although they have to show him breaking away from Sam's pack to become a leader himself. That along with some of the interaction with the family will be kept,before the story transistions back to Bella's narration. I'm really looking forward to how Bella will look as a newborn vampire and see her adjust to her new abilities like the book described. The only area that may be a problem is how to handle Renesmee,as she is an exceptional(to say the least) child that is growing fast,due to her being a vampyr(half human/half vampire). We're all concerned over the issue of how far will the love scenes go in a Breaking Dawn movie and it will be a gamble to keep the scenes PG-13. Although Edward and Bella's scenes were off-page it was clear that they had taken their relationship to another level. As it is the kiss in Twilight was a little too racy in my opinion,for a PG-13 film. So we'll have to wait and see if they get permission from Stephenie to raise the rating for the fourth movie,due to the subject matter.