Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by Dxplora07 »

Amanda Beth wrote:Idea!

What if they had different scenes on the DVD? Ya know how some have "unrated" versions sold... this would just be the rated R version. That would be cool :)
it's always great to get some extra "treats" :) my main concern is that they convey the themes in this book that were so much darker than the themes in Twilight...if they can do that and keep the PG-13 rating, I'm all for it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for the R rating just to they can throw in a raunchy sex scene (although I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that deleted scene on the DVD! XD) but I just feel like this book isn't appropriate for some young teenagers, and the movie should be rated as such...I wouldn't let my 13 year old daughter read it. But then again, I am from the "bible belt" and I'm a little more conservative.

but really, i hope that unrated scenes on the DVD happen, I would love to see Edward shredding some pillows! :lol:
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I probably wouldn't allow my 13 year old (if I had one lol) to read it either... but you'd be surprised. I am rather appalled to find some kids that age that read the smut fanfics. Too young, too young! The internet blocks I will have when I have kids will be Fort Knox.

I figure, and I think I posted this a few months ago, that since Edward and Bella don't have sex in the book and just the afterward conversations, that would be fine. Then for the birth they can show the blood on Jacob and Edward but mainly pan between their faces and Bella's face in chaotic shots. Maybe have Edward SAY to Jacob "I'm going to have to bite through it" and they don't SHOW him doing it. Have Jake giving her CPR, show Edward inject her. They CAN do it without needing it to be rated R.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Dxplora07 wrote:The following is a quote from filmratings.com:

"An R-rated motion picture, in the view of the Rating Board, contains some adult material. An R-rated motion picture may include adult themes, adult activity, hard language, intense or persistent violence, sexually-oriented nudity, drug abuse or other elements, so that parents are counseled to take this rating very seriously."

I believe that there are some serious adult themes in this novel. the scene during child birth was very intense and graphic. It is my opinion that the R rating would be best suited for the movie if they made it. This is my opinion, and i'm entitled to it. I personally believe that putting it into a PG-13 catagory would mean toning down the very themes that made the novel what it is. A personal choice to not go a see a moving based on it's rating and not the content, is just that: a personal choice. I, however, choose not to go to a movie based on it's content.

If it's a moral issue with stephenie, I'm not saying she should give up her values. I'm just stating that my opinion is that the novel in it's context now, as it is, is very mature, and is best suited for mature young adults.
I never said you weren't entitled to your opinion. I respect that, but I've found that movies aren't rated R due to an "adult theme" like the ones found in BD. It would be more like...the Holocaust or trafficking people. The sex and violence is mixed in with the adult themes.
And I think the reason why BD is more adult is more of the fact that it deals with marriage and motherhood, which most teenagers have yet to experience. But nothing in that is R material, as long as they keep the birth scene not too gory. And I'm also not saying that there shouldn't be any of this stuff in BD, just done tastefully and limited. If they want an unrated version of it later, I wouldn't have a problem with that because I wouldn't have to see it.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

i think it's safe to say that everyone agrees that the birth scen at least could be toned down...I love me some Kristen Stewart, but I definitley don't want to see her lady-parts flashin around the big screen like in knocked-up...(shudders) ew.
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

ugh, yes, that would be nasty. No one would want to see that.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that BD is going to be made since they've included a tab for it on the new world of twilight website:

http://www.newmoonthemovie.com/worldoftwilight
Dxplora07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Dxplora07 »

Yea, I'm pretty sure they will make BD into a movie...in my personal opinion since the book is so complicated they are having some issues ironing out the contract..they must be coming to a close soon, though, since they posted the link up there...i'm so excited, BD was def. my fav out of the series, so i'm really looking forward to it! :)
Emmett_Pwnz_All
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Emmett_Pwnz_All »

If Breaking Dawn wash a movvviiieeeeee,

EMMIEKINZ WOULD BE ZEE STAR?! xD :lol: Kind of yeh! They would have to skip zee icky scenes with Bella et Edward though :D
mimiishinlove<3
Image `; [mimimccarty<3 lubs kellmett and the medic droid<3] Karl=TwiGuy#1Mimi2=TwiTwin! :D
OMEEEE ILY GREGORYGORGEOUS<3
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I don't think this is possible.
Just because of the birth scene.

And may I point out, on the site someone posted the link to:

http://www.newmoonthemovie.com/worldoft ... ottomRight

Jane is the fourth most important character?!? They're making her seem like she has a huge part, when in reality, I think she's only in on the end, correct?

The cast list goes:
Kristen Stewart as Bella
Rob Pattinson as Edward
Taylor Lautner as Jacob
Dakota Fanning as Jane
I don't think she's that much more important then the rest of the Cullens to the plot.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Tis most likely they want you to see Dakota Fanning. :roll: I don't think her role will be bigger than it should.