Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
despoina92
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by despoina92 »

Last Sunday on the BAFTAs Kristen Stewart confirmed that BD is going to be filmed, but is not known yet whethe rit's going to be one movies or two.

Making BD a solid, satisfying PG-13 movie requires lots of brains and creativity. SM's desire to make the moive into PG-13 doesn't always suit to her book. There are parts of it, like the delivery or imprinting, that are getting into R-Rated fields. On the other hand, the whole plot is dependent on a sex scene between Edward and Bella in Isle Esme and not showing this in downright silly and disappointing for me and many of the fans.

As swedishskinjer pointed out, Titanic is an example of making a sex scene into PG-13 (though it served its role in the movie, the palmprint always makes me giggle but anyway). Someone with a good perspective could make it work for BD too, perhaps. On the other hand, Remember Me includes three sex scenes as I've read from people who went to the screenings and, still, it's a PG-13 movie. I think we could see better after watching this movie how it could be made.

The delivery "gorish" scene I think is one of the most difficult in this movie. The part is essential, because it shows that Bella's transformation is essential and also leads us to imprinting, shows Edward's commitment to both his wife and child and is generally significant and "hype" part of the book that cannot be left out or change dramatically, since it's the part here we get from the first part of the plot to the second.

I just think that this movie needs a very capable director, considering MR is writing the script (fire her!). Which do you think could be capable of doing this?
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

I have read an interview that Kristen Stewart gave in which she says Summit told them to be read for November 2010 for shooting BD.......
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

There have been soooo many rumors!! I just wish an official announcement would be made. Several of the cast members have suggested or even come right out and said they will be busy in 2010 with more of the Twilight Saga movies...so that's a good sign I guess...

Thank you Naureen!!
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

I hope they made a movie out of Breaking Dawn. It wouldn't be a Twilight Saga if there's no Breaking Dawn. That's where all the major points of Bella and Edward's love story come to life. It doesn't really matter how many movies they split it into as long as the major scenes are involved...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

i could swear that Robs been mentioning the BD filming-ness in interviews since last year, whilst everyone else was saying they couldn't comment he was rambling on about it :lol: luv him. but yeah Kristen and Rob have both said in interviews at the Baftas (i think someone may have already said this?) that they think filmings starting in november, but that its not definite and that its kind of like being in limbo with it all, i guess seeing as Summit havent appointed a director and Mellissa Rosenburg hasn't finished the screenplay they can't really confirm anything because theres not anything solid to confirm?
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
saw93
Wandering Through Town

Post by saw93 »

first of all BD should be more then one movie its tooo important and not to mention long to cram all of it into one movie.
second it would be sooooo awsome
third it would be sort of sad because there would be no more movies to look forward to.

oh yea and ofcoarse its going to be filmed unless something catastrophic happened (i kno i cnt spell lol). 1st they r making way too much money jus to stop 2nd do you know the riots it would start people would go MAD if they did the whole seriese except for the last book lol i know i would.
You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours." ~ Edward Cullen Eclipse
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

That would be good! but how about Alan Ball for director? the guy who created "Six Feet Under" and "True Blood", he also directed 2008's shocking dark comedy "Towel Head" and wrote "American Beauty".
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

tons of the fan sites are saying Bill Condon the guy that directed Dreamgirls, says it on the lex homepage, but i thought that it was just going to be for the first part but it says on the lex for both part 1 and 2. still undecided as to how i actually feel about this :lol:
**TEAM EDWARD**
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by HarryTuttle »

Bill Condon? the guy who did the quite good Gods and Monsters and the the enjoyable Candyman 2? sounds nice, i didn't like Dreamgirls though.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

HarryTuttle wrote:Bill Condon? the guy who did the quite good Gods and Monsters and the the enjoyable Candyman 2? sounds nice, i didn't like Dreamgirls though.
yeah it was poor! didn't really know what other films he'd directed so thanks may have to go and check these out
**TEAM EDWARD**