Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CyanicalReaper
Settled in Forks

Re: If there is a Breaking Dawn movie

Post by CyanicalReaper »

There is going to be a Breaking Dawn
Robert Pattinson Confirms ‘Breaking Dawn’!
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=57644918
Jasper Hale-Screwing With Your Emotions Since 1863

Jasper LoveLock ~ Jasper's Army
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

CyanicalReaper wrote:There is going to be a Breaking Dawn
Robert Pattinson Confirms ‘Breaking Dawn’!
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=57644918
Unfortunately, that just says that Rob commits to BD, not that it's official. :(
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

DunnerheartsTwilight wrote:if there was a brekaing dawn movie
it would have a high rating
with all the sex and stuff
by rating i mean liek pg-13 and R

The stipulation Stephenie Meyer had was that it doesn't go past PG-13, so no R.
First let's all remember that Twilight has a very low budget. Very low. New Moon is going to be a ridiculous blockbuster hit and Summit knows it (Rob and Kristen got $10MILLION raises) I can't imagine any less for Eclipse (which I like that book better and I'm stoked for the movie) so by the time BD comes out I think they'll be able to afford a lot more special effects than in Twilight. The movies won't be able to be compared. Yes we're all worried about how Nessie will be portrayed but we just need to trust the pros.

And I think they can make it into one movie. There is a lot of inner monologue that Bella and Jacob have with themselves which makes the book much longer and that's impossible to convey in the movie or we'd just hear them talk to themselves the entire time. I'm not even sure how they're going to add the dreams she has about the vampire child.

My thoughts:
Shorten the preparation/wedding, do we REALLY need to see Alice getting her ready? The most important part of the wedding: the vows, Charlie's “Bells, we’re up to bat” line(I LOVE IT) and her seeing Jacobs need to be there-- a lot of just shots of the party are all that are necessary). Do they even need to Denali vampires there?

Shorten some of the interactions between Jacob and his pack. There are a lot of dialog that can be shortened and even omitted. Combine events during Jacob's book instead of him coming back and forth from the house to the pack. I REALLY don't think they even need the part where he takes the car and meets that girl and tries to imprint on her. He can just mention something to like, Seth for instance, that he's trying to imprint on ANY girl.

And the most important which is why people think it needs to be rate R: Shorten the whole birth which will help them take out the gore so it CAN be PG-13. I mean, in Twilight they had Bella withering in pain after James bit her. I think during the birth they can show Edward, Jacob and Bella's faces in panic, pain etc. Maybe throw in Edward saying to Jacob he is going to have to rip the baby out with his teeth instead of SHOWING it and then show her from the chest up getting CPR and the injection of venom. Ta da.

I'm sure there's plenty more... but those are from the top of my head in the first two books.
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i think it would be the worst movie ever made!! are you kidding? is it even possible to make a movie like that??! :?: i dont think so! if there is, id never ever see it!
Betting on Alice.
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Hehe, I'm still up in the air about this. It will DEFINITELY be a movie...because they (Summit) saw how popular Twilight was...so they will finish the series...BUT...there is just so much that goes on in BD that I can't see them squeezing it into 2 hours....Maybe....but let me rephrase that...I can't see them SUCCESSFULLY squeezing everything into 2 hours....not that they won't try. I just really don't know what to think on the subject...because out of the 4 books...BD will be the hardest adaptation by far I think. I guess we can see how NM goes.....and the direction that Chris takes (hopefully a COMPLETELY different one than CH...but once again maybe I'm too opinionated). So I guess I'm really confused on this one....please keep posting though lol....reading everyone's thoughts helps a lot in clearing things up from both directions..
ImageImageImageImage
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I hope they keep the J Jenks part in the movie. I laughed at that whole interchange.

Do you guys think BD could be a tv show? It could pick up where the book left off and be more drama with a little humor. It could be different supernatural things that they get into like how Smallville or Heroes is done minus the zillion amount of characters and storylines that Heroes went wrong with. Who would you cast as the tv versions?
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

I can't see it as a TV series, at least not like Heroes or anything. If they had to, they should make it into like a TV special instead, like Pride and Prejudice was with having an hour each week for like a month.
But if they made it into a real TV show it would get SO screwed up. They would add junk and take out important stuff, change the plot around completely. It would be a complete disaster! Just look at Gossip Girl, which was a series of books, but (according to my friends who have read the books and watched the TV show) goes a different way.
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Post by DramaPrincezz013 »

If Breaking Dawn, or just the Twilight Saga in general was a TV show, I would cry.
They would screw everything up so much...
We'd be crawling on our knees back to Melissa and Catherine.
*shudders*
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

^^Crawling back to Catherine!! Blech!!
That would be awful!!
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Danggg.
Yeah that would be terrible!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!