Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
kissmecarlisle
Settled in Forks

Re: Twilight movie~ Who played it best?

Post by kissmecarlisle »

I think they got all the casting right. Alice was just as I pictured her, Carlisle exceeded my expectations (Peter F. is freakin hot!!!), and all the other Cullens are just as I pictured. Bella needed a bit more confidence, I think. Kristen is a great actress, but the way she delivered her lines started to grate on my nerves a bit. But Rob and her certainly have on-screen chemistry...no doubt about that!!! ;)
Carlisle...why can't you be real?
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

eden1437 wrote:Well if i had to choose from the entire cast, I'd have to say Rosalie, Carlisle, Alice and Jasper. Especially Jasper. In the book they talked about how Jasper was new to their coven and how he was uncomfortable being around humans, and you could tell that J.R portrayed him well because he was stiff and you could feel he oozed uncomfortableness. Rosalie...lol. She was perfect, especially when she broke the bowl when Bella came over for dinner!! Carlisle...from the second he was shown on screen asking Bella how she felt and such and then talking to Edward you could tell that he was very compassionate...and Peter F. is freaking hot. lol. And I looooved Alice!!!! Ashley as Alice was sooo perfect, even when she walked (sort of like she was dancing), and her voice...they all did such a magnificent job!
kissmecarlisle wrote:I think they got all the casting right. Alice was just as I pictured her, Carlisle exceeded my expectations (Peter F. is freakin hot!!!), and all the other Cullens are just as I pictured. Bella needed a bit more confidence, I think. Kristen is a great actress, but the way she delivered her lines started to grate on my nerves a bit. But Rob and her certainly have on-screen chemistry...no doubt about that!!! ;)
Agree with both of you guys, as soon as Carlisle walked into the hospital ward you immediately felt his power.
Alice and her remarks, she just comes down and hugs her, Edwards face when she did that is so funny. And Jasper, didn't like the fact that they completely ignored his power but he was so great as the new vegetarian, always in pain lol!! Plus Rosalie was great, i don't see why some people say she wasn't pretty enough, i think she did just right. And Emmett is just sooo cute i just want to go over to him and give him a hug!!
Sammi Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Sammi Cullen »

Oh wow, this is exciting! Hmmm...let's seee...

I guess I'll start with the obvious. Edward. :D I know there was a lot of fuss about Robert Pattinson when he was first casted but I thought all along that he would do fine, and he did better than fine. He really portrayed Edward to a tee. He showed the softer side, and the side that was incredibly in love with Bella, but you could also tell that he was tormented by the thought..which is important. What people (mostly love struck girls) fail to realize is that it's not at cutesy "i love yous" with him. The existence of Bella, and the fact that he is crazy about her, torments him, every second. People forget that he hates himself for keeping her, he see's it as selfish. R Pattz did an amazing job showing both sides, and I was so impressed. -applause- <3

Emmett did fine, he's not one of my favorite casted actors, but he definitely fit the part physically and all.
Jasper was great! He nailed that whole "looking like he was in pain" thing. He's so cute too!
Alice..was perfect. They hit the nail on the head with Greene. She looks JUST like I would picture Alice and she did an amazing job being the cute little pixie-like vampire, and at the same time, she was a beast. =)
Esme was pretty, but I thought she'd look a little different.. I don't know. She played a great mother figure.
Rosalie did great. She looks like you would think Rose would...and she got the bitchy thing down well.

and Carlisle.. is gorgeous. Probably up there with my top casted people. He looks PERFECT for the part. He did such a good job being the "leader of the coven" and he was just, ah, I'm actually speechless. I loved who they got to do Carlisle, again..one of my favorites without a doubt.

Kristen Stewart looks perfect for the part, but I'm not sure if I loved her acting as much, maybe she'll fall more into character soon? She did great, I'm not bashing, I just think she was a little...too awkward at times for my taste.

James, Victoria and Laurent.. James was perfect (and very handsome) Victoria's hair is the only thing that bothered my OCD. I think it needed to be more ...red. Laurent didn't have olive colored skin but the guy did a great job with delivering his lines.

Overall, I loved the cast.
Now, I'm sleepy. =P

"I can't live in a world where you don't exist.."
The_Lamb
Settled in Forks

Post by The_Lamb »

After watching Twilight the second time.
Kristen Stewart annoys me.
But the cullens - <3
loveisblind
Settled in Forks

Post by loveisblind »

Everyone did such great jobs in interpreting their characters into their own styles but I particularly loved Robert Pattinson as Edward, Rachelle Lafevre as Victoria and Jackson Rathbone as Jasper.

Rachelle did so well with Victoria, she looked innocent and beautiful, but was wild and "scary"; she did wonderful. Robert, for me, suited the description of Edward, and acted him out well. I also loved Jackson as Jasper, he definately fit the character.

Thumbs up for all the actors though, they've all done exceedingly well.
Last edited by loveisblind on Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

Oh yeah i can't believe I forget Rachelle as Victoria, she was great, she looked so evil yet with a hint of niceness, when she was coming down the stairs after prom you know she wanted revenge. And her hair should have been much redder but i think they got the texture of her hair right.
footloose
Learning to Love Green

Post by footloose »

All the Cullens are perfectly cast, I think, particularly Carlisle (although he could be younger and more handsome) and Alice. I originally imagined Edward to be different but after seeing Rob in the role I couldn't picture a better Edward. He successfully showed Edward's multiple sides, not to mention his classic beauty.

Kristen Stewart is a good actress and has the perfect "Bella" look but unfortunately she seems to be portraying Bella the way she wants it (edgy, strong) than the way the books picture it (sweet, cute). She captures Bella's awkwardness well but she doesn't show the endearing side of her that Edward loves. Just MHO.

Oh and if i have to pick one that do their part the best, I would've picked Victoria. She totally stole the scene in the baseball game!
Twilighter1000
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilighter1000 »

Sammi Cullen wrote:Oh wow, this is exciting! Hmmm...let's seee...

I guess I'll start with the obvious. Edward. :D I know there was a lot of fuss about Robert Pattinson when he was first casted but I thought all along that he would do fine, and he did better than fine. He really portrayed Edward to a tee. He showed the softer side, and the side that was incredibly in love with Bella, but you could also tell that he was tormented by the thought..which is important. What people (mostly love struck girls) fail to realize is that it's not at cutesy "i love yous" with him. The existence of Bella, and the fact that he is crazy about her, torments him, every second. People forget that he hates himself for keeping her, he see's it as selfish. R Pattz did an amazing job showing both sides, and I was so impressed. -applause- <3

Emmett did fine, he's not one of my favorite casted actors, but he definitely fit the part physically and all.
Jasper was great! He nailed that whole "looking like he was in pain" thing. He's so cute too!
Alice..was perfect. They hit the nail on the head with Greene. She looks JUST like I would picture Alice and she did an amazing job being the cute little pixie-like vampire, and at the same time, she was a beast. =)
Esme was pretty, but I thought she'd look a little different.. I don't know. She played a great mother figure.
Rosalie did great. She looks like you would think Rose would...and she got the bitchy thing down well.

and Carlisle.. is gorgeous. Probably up there with my top casted people. He looks PERFECT for the part. He did such a good job being the "leader of the coven" and he was just, ah, I'm actually speechless. I loved who they got to do Carlisle, again..one of my favorites without a doubt.

Kristen Stewart looks perfect for the part, but I'm not sure if I loved her acting as much, maybe she'll fall more into character soon? She did great, I'm not bashing, I just think she was a little...too awkward at times for my taste.

James, Victoria and Laurent.. James was perfect (and very handsome) Victoria's hair is the only thing that bothered my OCD. I think it needed to be more ...red. Laurent didn't have olive colored skin but the guy did a great job with delivering his lines.

Overall, I loved the cast.
Now, I'm sleepy. =P
HEy, wow. This is exactly what I've been telling people! Robert Pattinson worked very hard to achieve Edward's character. I think he did his studying from Midnight Sun (He said that on an interview I believe...) and the way he is always disgusted by himself for being a monster, for loving Bella, it's all played extremely well. He also does the 'velvet' voice pretty well and he displays his 'multiple personality disorder' perfectly.

Now, Peter Facinelli: Don't even get me STARTED on how incredible he was. It was like an auro of glory surrounded him as soon as he entered the hospital. It was so...wow. He played it EXTREMELY, over the top brilliantly. I was so pleased with his work. (Plus, he looked like how I pictured him)

Ashley Greene simply rocked! She was perfect for the role. In my opinion, they didn't show enough of the Cullens. I keep getting that feel. Obviously, they don't come as much in the first book as much the rest, but I missed them a little whenever they weren't there.

Last of all, Kristen Stewart. I'm not sure how to say this, but there wasn't enough 'Bella' in her. Too much stuttering and awkwardness constantly. Plus, Bella has a good sense of humor. I think besides the "I guess that's why they kicked me out" line, she didn't really deliver enough humor. That's not her fault really, it's just the script. BUt I think she should defnitely 'fall more into character' as Sammi Cullen said, as the series progresses. I think Bella also has haughtiness in her. Just a tiny bit, but it IS there. And it's absence in the movie kind of put me off.

Ok, wow, I really didn't know I would go on like that for so long. All in all I think the cast was good. And you guys don't have to read the whole thing. That's just me being me, sorry :)
Image Image
yanjan3
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela
Location: Happily moving to a world where Humans, Vamps and Werewolves get along...

Post by yanjan3 »

I kinda agree with most of the answers...
My top three are:
Robert- I can't think of anyone who can play it better, he really made the effort to understand Edward to play his character... He's just... perfect..

plus he's gorgeous..

Ashley- She was so Alice

Peter - He made the impression of being the kind and compassionate Carlisle, very believable

all the Cullens were great, Emmett, Jasper, Rose, even Esme (though she didn't have much lines, I got the mother-vibe from her)...
ImageImage
"I rate hot guys from 1 to RobPattinson".
HiminoAi
Wandering Through Town

Post by HiminoAi »

I have to say my favorite actor to character match-up (and I know this is going to sound blasphemous knowing how much of a Rob-fangirl I am) is Billy Burke as Charlie. I think he did an amazing job. He was a perfect Charlie and was so funny!

Of course Rob as Edward was another one on my top. He did really well, although I think with some better direction he could have taken it even further. He looks like, talks like, and dazzles me just like Edward!

Another one of my favorites was Ashley Greene as Alice. I loved her and I thought she should have had more screen time.

I loved everyone in the cast I don't think there is one person I can really pick out and say I didn't like.
I even fell in love with Nikki Reed as Rosalie. I still hate Rosalie but LOVE Nikki she's awesome. And I didn't think it was possible but Kellen made me like Emmett even more, can't wait to see some of his outtakes on the DVD.
"You've kept me waiting a long time."
"Sorry Ma'am."
*Alice & Jasper*