Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Re: Twilight movie~ Who played it best?

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

Kristen is the far worst. She always had this "I'm stupid Bella" face that just made me wanted to punch her. I don't like Bella in the books and Stewart just made it worse.

Peter on the other hand blew me away! He was so sexy as Dr. Cullen. Everytime he showed up I was like *dead* LOL

Rob was also really good. Ashley was great too. She's so cute, just like Alice.

The rest of the cast was ok.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

^ I agree with you there, before the movie started I though Kristen would do an excellent job after seeing her in other movies but for some reason I didn't feel she was Bella enough, although she looks Bella-like.

I thought everyone else was great, I loved it when Cam said *Sniff*"you brought a snack", it's a shame he's dead he was wicked as James.

Peter as Carlisle, it felt as though as soon as he walked through the door everything went silent and all you see is the lovely Dr Cullen. Beautiful.

Robert was great as Edward, no living guy on earth can be as great as Edward but Rob did a good job nonetheless.

The dude who played Mike was great! (dunno his name :| ) That's all I can say, he didn't say it but as soon as Bella bumped into him you just got the wow i really really like you feeling.

The rest were great, its too late to go through all of them... :)
Gi.Kodaly
Learning to Love Green

Post by Gi.Kodaly »

I really liked all of Bella's human friends. They were great.

Jackson was really weird. I hope the new director let him move more. He looked like a robot, but I think that wasn't his fault. His facial expressions were good.
Team Rosalie!
Change Your Mind
Bliss
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

- I really liked what little I saw of Emmet. He acted exactly as I had pictured him while reading the books.
- Charlie is sure to become one of the most liked characters in the movies. He did an amazing job!
- Carlisle was spot on. Loved him.
- Kristen did a pretty good job. If she gets better direction next time, she will do GREAT.
- Pattinson was trying so hard to show all the conflict Edward feels that he forgot that his character was also very charming and funny.
- Alice was so perfectly cast. I really like her and I look forward to her part in NM.
- Rosalie...Oh, Rosalie. WTH was CH thinking when she cast her??? She is too old, and definitely NOT as unbearably gorgeous as Rosalie is supposed to be. I was kinda disappointed there. That's the only recast I would not mind.
Sullie06
Learning to Love Green

Post by Sullie06 »

I know it's generic to say I liked them all but I really did. There was nobody that made me go "Oh that is so wrong". I think they all came into their characters and played them true to the book. The Cullens did a great job. I think that Peter and Liz stole the show a little, maybe because they are a little older, but they played Carlisle and Esme so well. You believed they were the parents of these kids. Ashley Greene was an amazing Alice!!

Loved Billy Burke and The Nomads, cast very well for me...

Honestly the human kids bugged me a bit. I think at times they were playing it up a little but all in all good performances.
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

Who played it best? Well it's a shame we won't be seeing anymore of him but...

Cam as James :o Sooo great. It's a shame James dies because I wouldn't have minded seeing more of him. He completely became his character and he scared the beegeezus out of me.

______

Rosalie and Emmett... PERFECTLY cast in my opinion. Nikki did a great job as her and wow, she looks so different as a blonde. I thought she was beautifully bitter and stuck-up nevertheless, haha. Kellan as Emmett was very entertaining. That's exactly how I pictured him, very carefree and funny.

Taylor as Jacob wasn't bad with the few times that we get to see him. He comes off as a bit too Americanized with the things he says and the way he says it. That should be something he should work on since he is going to envolve into the Alpha wolf. I've got a lot of faith in him though.

I really didn't get the feeling that from any of the actors that they were overdoing it with the exception of Kristen at the beginning of the meadow scene. When she starts that monologue :roll: But I'm blaming that on the bad script.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I absolutely loved Kristen Stewart! She was exactly the same Bella as in my head while I was reading the books! I know that a lot of people have mixed feelings about her acting, but I've seen almost all of her movies, and I have to say that she has serious talent. Can't wait to see more from her!
I also loved Rob as Edward! At first I wasn't sure if he's going to be the best Edward, but he was amazing! He's gorgeous.
amandaxcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amandaxcullen »

My favourites were:
Edward, Charlie (I was way surprised by his performance, I love Charlie now!), Emmett (he played the perfect jock-idiot in my eyes. :)) Alice, (Ashley was great, expecially when she smells Bella's blood.) Jacob, Jasper, (everyone says 'oh he looks stupid lalala' i think he was very true to the character in the book.) Rosalie, (perfect beyotch.) Carlisle, Jessica (perfect), Victoria

I didn't like Bella, pretty much the same reason why everybody else didn't like her. Lack. Of. Emotion.
I wasn't completely dissapointed but I felt like Esme needed to be more loving, I got some of it out of her but not as much as SM puts as she is.

I think that's everything I wanted to say, if i can think of more, I'll edit later.
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.
CauseofEdwardIlove
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Longing for Edward...but I will settle for Rob anytime...In Georgia!

Post by CauseofEdwardIlove »

Gi.Kodaly wrote:Kristen is the far worst. She always had this "I'm stupid Bella" face that just made me wanted to punch her. I don't like Bella in the books and Stewart just made it worse.

You know I was thinking the same thing...I was afraid at first it was just envy....but then after a while I was sure that there was something lacking in her....I mean I have more emotion toward Him and I have never even met him!!
Manda
After waiting a lifetime....I have finally fallen in love...Rob I love you!
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

tinuviel2006 wrote:I absolutely loved Kristen Stewart! She was exactly the same Bella as in my head while I was reading the books! I know that a lot of people have mixed feelings about her acting, but I've seen almost all of her movies, and I have to say that she has serious talent. Can't wait to see more from her!
I also loved Rob as Edward! At first I wasn't sure if he's going to be the best Edward, but he was amazing! He's gorgeous.
I'm a big Kristen fan too. I can't wait to see her as Joan Jett. She is gonna rock that part!!!