Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Twilight movie~ Who played it best?

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

Double Post... :|
Last edited by dazzlingdynamite on Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

As much as I love Robert and think he's great, I thought his acting was a teensiest bit wooden and overracted. I think he was just a little out of his depth, he was trying too hard to be all James Dean and this brooding, mysterious guy, it didn't work he seemed awkward, but I'm confident he'll be more comfortable with the character next time round. In the Biology scene, when she first walked in why was he covering his nose with his hand? Hello, he doesn't have to breathe. and why did they leave out Jasper's ability? I know this probably isn't Rob's fault but it annoyed me.

Kristen was a little of the same...she was very awkward...

Kellan stole the whole show for me, he just had Emmett down to a tee, from his awesome jumps and baseball moves to his one liners. Peter, Ashley and Anna were also awesome. I thought Eric was great too, excellent one liners.

I do love Jasper. I hated what they did to his character. I mean they just messed him around...what was up with the 'he's the blonde one who looks like he's in pain'? It wasn't how I imagined Jasper's inner struggle at all, for one it was so painstakingly obvious.
He however was the best in the baseball scene, his shots were wicked!
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

Most of the actors and actresses were good, but some who stood out were;

Peter playing Carlisle, he had a fairly small part, but he played it really well. He was exactly as I imagined him,
in personality and looks.
Ashley playing Alice, again she has had a fairly small part, but played it well. She has the enthusiam and bubbly-ness just right, and she looks pixie-like as well.
Jackson playing Jasper, he had a small part and I can't wait for New Moon and Eclipse where he has a bigger one, but I thought he was good.
Taylor playing Jacob, small part again, but he's really enthusiastic and Jacob-like. He has the huge grin as well, and I can't wait to see him in new moon

The not so good were;
Kristen playing Bella, she was good in some scenes, but she does need to be more happy. Bella has a sense of humour which we didn't see at all. Maybe that will come out later...:D
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
edward'sstupidlamb
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by edward'sstupidlamb »

I thought almost every one was great. But my favorite, by far was Ashley. No question about it! She had that whole happy, loving, yeah just like everything! And when she walked around it really looked like she was dancing.
Also Kellan, he really was big brother like. And he has that part of him that makes you just want to run up and give him a big bear hug :) awwww.
Rob was really good to. In some scenes he seemed a bit to stiff. Idk other than that he was perfet.
I know alot of people disagree but I liked Nikki Reed in my opion she was the perfect Rosalie.
I also liked all the Cullens, hmmm well I could just go on and on. I liked almost every one but Ashley was by far the best.
The only ones who I didn't like were Bella and Charlie. Sorry :oops:. I bet there great actor, but they didn't seem to represent their characters enough.
Image Image
beemarie
Wandering Through Town

Post by beemarie »

I have to say Ashley Greene as Alice. She just was like.. perfect for me.

And my boy, Kellan. I LOVED HIM! He was absolutely perfect. I wished all of the Cullens had more lines.
~Bee Marie
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

i think "Charlie" stole every scene he was in.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

There were a few people who really stood out to me as being spot on.

First and foremost, Rob as Edward. And it isn't just because I love Edward Cullen and because Robert Pattinson is a stone cold fox. It's because you can tell he took the time and effort to explore Edward's character. I believe he was the most well read of any of the actors. He knew Edward inside and out and it's very touching that an actor devoted that much time, effort and struggle to be the best portrayal of a character possible.

Next, Peter as Carlisle. He oozed Carlisle Cullen-ness. He was very fatherly, wise and caring. and he was stunningly beautiful. Also the interaction between Carlisle and Edward was just as I believed it was supposed to be. You could feel the strong father-son bond that Carlisle and Edward have. That is some great acting.

Kellan as Emmett. I think he was one of the best castings in the entire film. Not only does he look the way I imagined Emmett, but he acted him spot on.

I believe that Billy Black was played EXTREMELY well. I got goosebumps when he drove by Edward and there's that long glance between them. He gives the perfect Billy Black evil eye!

Taylor Lautner blew me away. Which is odd because he didn't really play much of a role in Twilight. But his performance made me stop and think, "Hey, he is going to be FANTASTIC in New Moon." I think he is an incredibly talented actor, especially considering his age. I am excited to see him in NM (THEY HAD BETTER KEEP HIS CASTING OR I WILL BE SO SAD!!!)

I'm sure there are many others, but these are the actors that immediately jump out at me as exceptional.

WAY TO GO TO THE VERY TALENTED CAST OF "TWILIGHT"! =D
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

oPhoenixo
Settled in Forks

Post by oPhoenixo »

WishIWasACullen wrote:There were a few people who really stood out to me as being spot on.

First and foremost, Rob as Edward. And it isn't just because I love Edward Cullen and because Robert Pattinson is a stone cold fox. It's because you can tell he took the time and effort to explore Edward's character. I believe he was the most well read of any of the actors. He knew Edward inside and out and it's very touching that an actor devoted that much time, effort and struggle to be the best portrayal of a character possible.

Next, Peter as Carlisle. He oozed Carlisle Cullen-ness. He was very fatherly, wise and caring. and he was stunningly beautiful. Also the interaction between Carlisle and Edward was just as I believed it was supposed to be. You could feel the strong father-son bond that Carlisle and Edward have. That is some great acting.

Kellan as Emmett. I think he was one of the best castings in the entire film. Not only does he look the way I imagined Emmett, but he acted him spot on.

I believe that Billy Black was played EXTREMELY well. I got goosebumps when he drove by Edward and there's that long glance between them. He gives the perfect Billy Black evil eye!

Taylor Lautner blew me away. Which is odd because he didn't really play much of a role in Twilight. But his performance made me stop and think, "Hey, he is going to be FANTASTIC in New Moon." I think he is an incredibly talented actor, especially considering his age. I am excited to see him in NM (THEY HAD BETTER KEEP HIS CASTING OR I WILL BE SO SAD!!!)

I'm sure there are many others, but these are the actors that immediately jump out at me as exceptional.

WAY TO GO TO THE VERY TALENTED CAST OF "TWILIGHT"! =D
I totally agree with this one. I also think that the ALL the Cullens did extremely well
emmettsbiggestfan
Learning to Love Green

Post by emmettsbiggestfan »

Billy Burke. He was exactly how I pictured Charlie, if not better! :) He was hysterical, and perfect. That's all I can say really.

Kellan Lutz did a great job too. He was exactly how I pictured Emmett would act, and he even looks like Emmett. :D
Proud Hand Laborer in EDC, Inc.
Private Vanessa Frost in Jasper's Confederate Army
lovvetwilight
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by lovvetwilight »

I thought Billy Burke, Ashley Greene, Kellan Lutz, and Anna Kendrick were the best in my opinion.

Billy as Charlie was not how I imagined Charlie to be - he was better. He portrayed every part of Charlie's character VERY well.

Ashley as Alice was great, every time I saw her it made me laugh - in a good way! Alice's character in the books makes me laugh when I read about her, so it makes sense that the movie version made me laugh, too.

Kellan as Emmett was HILARIOUS and very well cast. He was pretty much fantastic.

Anna as Jessica. Oh my god. Awesome. Just awesome. Jessica was my favorite human in the movie by far.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4356617/1/Bad_Girl_Bella << please press

Team Edward Team Ian