Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Post by love_is_noise »

i'm gald they've got a new director, but also wish they had a new screen writer......
also...they left out bellas dream..they said she sad it but never showed it.i think that is a really important part of the book for me............
i also agree that they left out to much of their relationship, i think the book was like a book about bella and edward that happened to contain vampires,but the film was a film about vampires that happened to contain bella and edward<-know what i mean?

thay totally left out jaspers power!!!- i was like wtf!!! where is his power?!?!?!?!?!?!

laurent was black and french!!!

i think victoria hair could have been reder!

i found edward to smug, and yes 'rough'......i didn't think bela and edward got enough screen time to be together-like nice to each other...i didn't get the feeling that they would die for eachother

arg! sam and the wolves were all short!!!! i was like OMJH OMJH

there are alot more but i can't think of any atm...i'll be sur to be back later :p
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
ForJazz926
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by ForJazz926 »

I know in the book Laurent wasn't black - but I think when the character's appearance is non-essential, they try not to discriminate. And I have to admit - he was definitely the best actor of the nomads - by a clear mile. I liked his performance.

I completely agree about the Jasper thing - I mean come ON!! I understand that some things have to be cut out of "book-to-movies" because of time. But an essential part of one of the characters!? It affects them all and carries through to other books. This was a big mistake to leave out, and how much time would it seriously have taken? "No...that's just me. But Alice - Alice can see the future. And Jasper can affect the moods of those around him." Another second of time - big deal! It doesn't have to apply to the present movie in order to be essential or interesting. Lame.

Image Image
heartsjasper
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by heartsjasper »

ForJazz926 wrote:I "No...that's just me. But Alice - Alice can see the future. And Jasper can affect the moods of those around him." Another second of time - big deal!
i know seriously. 1 extra freaking second. grr stupid rosenberg or whatever the eff her name is
ImageImage
Team Alice & Jasper
shortstuff
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by shortstuff »

heartsjasper wrote:
ForJazz926 wrote:I "No...that's just me. But Alice - Alice can see the future. And Jasper can affect the moods of those around him." Another second of time - big deal!
i know seriously. 1 extra freaking second. grr stupid rosenberg or whatever the eff her name is
lol true say.. its not alot to ask! :roll:
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

ForJazz926 wrote:
I completely agree about the Jasper thing - I mean come ON!! I understand that some things have to be cut out of "book-to-movies" because of time. But an essential part of one of the characters!? It affects them all and carries through to other books. This was a big mistake to leave out, and how much time would it seriously have taken? "No...that's just me. But Alice - Alice can see the future. And Jasper can affect the moods of those around him." Another second of time - big deal! It doesn't have to apply to the present movie in order to be essential or interesting. Lame.
I completely agree! I also wish they would have taken another few seconds, or a minute or two for Edward (or Carlisle) to very briefly explain a little bit more about Carlisle's history and his past with the Volturi. I think it would have set up New Moon nicely. I guess they can mention this early in New Moon, but they've already got a lot of catching up to do in the beginning of New Moon to more accurately convey the depth and intensity of Edward and Bella's love for one another.

Also, how hard would it have been in the movie to show Bella talking in her sleep and saying Edward's name? They already had a scene with Bella dreaming and Edward in her room. It would only have taken a few more seconds during that scene. The sleep talking was vital because it gave Edward the courage to finally stop trying to push Bella away. Maybe the sleep talking is more of a "Midnight Sun" kind of thing and not really from Bella's point of view, but I would loved to have seen Rob's response as Edward in that scene.
Banner by TammyAZ
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

When Edward was explaining that, I was sitting there ready to hear about Jasper.. And then it was like:

... *crickets*

Im so furious.
Exactly, an extra second isn't going to do anything. :x
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

ForJazz926 wrote:I completely agree about the Jasper thing - I mean come ON!! I understand that some things have to be cut out of "book-to-movies" because of time. But an essential part of one of the characters!? It affects them all and carries through to other books. This was a big mistake to leave out, and how much time would it seriously have taken? "No...that's just me. But Alice - Alice can see the future. And Jasper can affect the moods of those around him." Another second of time - big deal! It doesn't have to apply to the present movie in order to be essential or interesting. Lame.
Oh yes, I do agree with that.

But, I'm thinking, maybe it's because Jasper's power will be harder to act out in the movies. I mean, unless, the other characters suddenly changed their emotions drastically, non-readers won't know that Jasper has that power.

I hope the script-writer would put in Jasper's power in New Moon.

They should just change the script-writer.
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

cassis_rose wrote:They should just change the script-writer.
When I found out that they were planning to keep MR for New Moon and Eclipse, I really wanted to throw something at a wall.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:
cassis_rose wrote:They should just change the script-writer.
When I found out that they were planning to keep MR for New Moon and Eclipse, I really wanted to throw something at a wall.
They're KEEPING HER?
Are they totally nuts?
Wha...
:shock:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

who_needs_fangs? wrote:When I found out that they were planning to keep MR for New Moon and Eclipse, I really wanted to throw something at a wall.
Eclipse too?
Oh my...
Was it confirmed by Summit?
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle