Click for Forum Rules
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Post by spicey16 »

i totally just realized he never went fishing!! thats another one lol
elizabella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: In our cottage, discussing the latest fashion trends with Alice.

Post by elizabella »

Yeah no fishing should make Eclipse interesting...how are they going to get him to Billy's house to stay away from all the trouble.

Alice's Party Planning Committe: (*bag carrier*)
Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Billy will probably have to "commit a murder" to get Charlie up there. :roll:
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

ringswraith wrote:I just didn't like the use of the word "alcoholic." That implies a drinking problem, and Charlie clearly doesn't have one.

I think the beer is there to illustrate that Charlie is just an ordinary man- drinks beer, has guns, watches sports on TV... Too bad they didn't work in anything about his fishing habit. :)

The whole "buys book, sees two words, Googles the rest" thing bothers me, too. Moreso my niece- she was whispering "She never went in (the bookstore)!" when we watched the movie in the theaters. Both times. :lol:

Several of my friends and I have always laughed and wondered why movie Bella couldn't have just ordered the book from Amazon.com. She had high speed internet, an ipod, etc. I'm sure she could have ordered the book that she only turned one page in anyway, had it delivered to her house, and saved herself a trip to Port Angeles with a potential mugging! :lol:
Banner by TammyAZ
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Wait, she got the book after talking with Jacob at the beach right....?

she found the words 'cold one' in the book... when Jacob was talking about the 'cold ones'

..................couldn't she of just googled cold ones after talking to Jake..

..instead've going to all the trouble to get the book just to turn one page.. :lol:

seems silly to me.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
JenTheWriter
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by JenTheWriter »

Okay, my turn! lol I don't think I've ever been in this post before, but I'm here now and I've been dying to whine about a few things.

With people being upset that Edward didn't "notice" Victoria being there ... I can understand being upset that he didn't smell her. He so would've in a heart beat. However, as for hearing her thoughts, Edward explained to Bella that he's able to focus on a single voice, because if he didn't tune everyone else out he'd be answering people's thoughts left and right. So, I think the moment between Bella and Edward was serious enough to where he gave her his full undivided attention and focused on only her. Now there was no reason why he wasn't smelling Victoria -- that part didn't make sense.

I was disappointed in the ballet studio scene they didn't have James as "friendly" as he was in the book before he got all evil on her. He was more just generally disappointed.

I was annoyed in the scene how Bella's reveal of knowing Edward is a vampire she just seems all cheesed off. I mean she looked p*ssed and he had that "oh crap" face, when in the book he was like ... okay, lay it on me, what do you think? I dunno...

I mean I realize Bella was all new to the whole flirting thing, but that whole scene between her and Jacob was just friggin awkward. Kristen blinked like 20 billion times and I came out of the scene so many times because I was so distracted by the blinking.

Edward was way too rough with Bella in the movie, when he was more delicate with her in the books. He hauled her around like a potato sack. It was crazy.

About the eating the vamps did -- I know they didn't so much as eat in the book, but Edward did once in Twilight (the book). He took a bite of pizza to show Bella that they could eat, but in MS he mentioned how he'd have to choke it up later. So, it wasn't too far removed from the book to see the vamps eating, because sometimes they had to. However, the actors (mostly Kellan) just enjoyed eating.

There are more things to say, but I have to run ... gotta show a friend the movie. lol
"And if you ever kiss her again, I will break your jaw for her," he promised.
Team Edward, Alice and Cullen! Swoonist. Mrs.Edward_Cullen<3's brain twin!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

JenTheWriter: I have to respectfully disagree with regards to Edward's mindreading at the prom.

It's true that Edward can focus on something or someone's voice, but we have to remember that his vampiric mind does not work like a human's. He can think of several different things simultaneously; recall the "Fire and Ice" chapter of Eclipse, where he explains this to Jacob.

I'm not sure if you've read what's been posted of Midnight Sun, but there he admits to enjoying when his name fell out of fashion, because he would automatically turn his head when anyone thought of "Edward"- any Edward- even though he wasn't "listening" for it. He might not even have noticed Bella in the cafeteria her first day, had it not been for Jessica's thinking of his name and making him look.

Occupied as he was with Bella at the prom, in the book he was still distracted when he sensed Jacob. I find it incredibly hard to believe that he would have missed Victoria's presence at the prom, due to all the planning she would have been thinking about.There's just no way.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

^ Ugh, the Edward-and-victoria-at-the-prom thing annoyed the hell outta me.
I dont care if it was just to set up for New Moon...
They didn't need to set anything up, everyone already knows there's another 3 books in the series..
i hate it how they ruin everything, just so the people who haven't read the books will know whats going on.
It shows they're in it for the money, and trying to pull in people, rather than pleasing all the real fans.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

Jadey wrote:Yeah, I know 'sex' isn't a 'dirty' word, I think we all know that. What my problem is was that he never said it in the book.. he stared clear of it. The first time he said it was in Breaking Dawn.. and he said 'sexy' in Eclipse. I don't care if people thought it was dirty or not. It's so unlike Edward in the book. Which annoyed me
"So" unlike Edward? If your problem is not with it being dirty, then I don't see how the word is significant.

Edward doesn't say the word sex until BD because usually his conversations with Bella are about THEIR relationship. He uses phrases like, "be close to you" and things like that - but yeah, he never says, "we can't have sex." I think it's too common for him - physical relations with Bella are so much more to him than that. I think that's the reason he stayed away from that word - simply because it never applied to anything he was thinking of doing with Bella. What he was daydreaming about doing with Bella would never be called simply "sex." But in the movie scene - he is talking about the random thoughts of strangers. Surely "sex" applied there. It was just a word.

In the book when he talks about sex, it is either in the context of discussing what his family does at night - which he didn't elaborate on out of respect for privacy, in the context of boys having lewd thoughts about Bella - which he didn't elaborate on so as not to offend or shame her, and in the context of his and Bella's relationship. He never discusses the thoughts of strangers thinking about sex in the book - but if he did, it would have been offhanded as it was in the movie, because of the context.

Image Image
ForJazz926

Post by ForJazz926 »

JenTheWriter wrote:I was disappointed in the ballet studio scene they didn't have James as "friendly" as he was in the book before he got all evil on her.
This bothered me, too. James was completely different in the book. He had cropped hair and a clean/normal appearance, and he was very gentlemanly. I suppose they wanted to make more of an impact by making the nomads out to look rough and scary...but they changed James completely.

I agree with you about the eating thing, too - it's not a huge mistake that Kellan was eating. Sometimes they had to nibble to appear to be human. He could have always spit it out into a napkin or something.

Image Image