Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Movie Inconsistencies?

Post by wildroses »

Dovrebanen wrote:Well...It wasn't totally left out..Just butchered. The meadow. Total lack of the development of the relationship and the understanding that evolved between them. All the confessions and the meanings behind them and the consequences of having all the walls fall down. And this includes the fact that the meadow was actually planned (Edward's special place). And not to mention the kiss after running from the meadow.
Other than that I'm sad that they didnt include Jasper's talent, and how he actually was closer to Bella in the hotel room than he ever was in the whole saga.
i agree with you wholeheartedly on the meadow scene stuff.
i was so sad with how they put that scene together.
for me, its my favorite scene in the book, and in the movie its got to be my least favorite scene.
randomness bum<3
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I just reread the chapters the other day where Bella, Aice & Jasper are locked up in the hotel room & this is where Bella learns how you become a vampire. And we can tell from Alice's words when Bella asks her that Edward DOES NOT want Bella to know how it happens. But Alice tells her anyway even though she knows that Edward will be upset. In the movie they have Edward tell Bella how it happens and after rereading that part it seems like that's inconsistent with Edwad. He wouldn't have told Bella how it happens because he doesn't want her to become one of them & takeaway her soul.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

pennybug84 wrote:I just reread the chapters the other day where Bella, Aice & Jasper are locked up in the hotel room & this is where Bella learns how you become a vampire. And we can tell from Alice's words when Bella asks her that Edward DOES NOT want Bella to know how it happens. But Alice tells her anyway even though she knows that Edward will be upset. In the movie they have Edward tell Bella how it happens and after rereading that part it seems like that's inconsistent with Edwad. He wouldn't have told Bella how it happens because he doesn't want her to become one of them & takeaway her soul.
That's true, pennybug. I forgot that part in the movie. But you're right. Edward would never have told Bella about how you become a vampire. He was trying so hard not to make Alice's visions about Bella's future true. And he certainly didn't want Bella herself to even think about becoming a vampire.
As far as I can remember from the book Alice tells Bella because she feels she has a right to know, but she is hesitant knowing that Edward will be flaming mad. So for him to tell her is somewhat out of character.
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I love how Rosalie has a 'G' on her cap in the baseball scene.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I just saw the movie again yesterday. And it is growing on me. I find myself able to ignore the awful meadow and the green house and all the other stuff I didn't like, and just focus on the things I do like.

But...What bugs me a bit is this...When Edward is about to rip James' head of (or whatever he's doing), Carlisle comes and says something like "Enough", "Remember who you are"...I found that a bit strange. Why shouldn't Edward rip his head off? He had just bitten Bella and nearly killed her.

And later when Edward is sucking the venom out of Bella. And Carlisle has to tell Edward to stop and remind him that he might kill her. From the book I did not get that impression at all. It was Edward saying to Carlisle that her blood seemed clean since he could taste the morphine. So I find that they wanted to cause more drama out of Edward not being able to stop in the movie, and that was kind of unneccessary, I think.
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

Dovrebanen wrote:And later when Edward is sucking the venom out of Bella. And Carlisle has to tell Edward to stop and remind him that he might kill her. From the book I did not get that impression at all. It was Edward saying to Carlisle that her blood seemed clean since he could taste the morphine. So I find that they wanted to cause more drama out of Edward not being able to stop in the movie, and that was kind of unneccessary, I think.
No, I think they got that right. If I remember correctly, Edward tells Bella (at the hospital later) that he didn't want to stop. But he did, somehow. Remember that Bella was in incredible pain and somewhat loopy from the morphine. :)
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

ringswraith wrote:
Dovrebanen wrote:And later when Edward is sucking the venom out of Bella. And Carlisle has to tell Edward to stop and remind him that he might kill her. From the book I did not get that impression at all. It was Edward saying to Carlisle that her blood seemed clean since he could taste the morphine. So I find that they wanted to cause more drama out of Edward not being able to stop in the movie, and that was kind of unneccessary, I think.
No, I think they got that right. If I remember correctly, Edward tells Bella (at the hospital later) that he didn't want to stop. But he did, somehow. Remember that Bella was in incredible pain and somewhat loopy from the morphine. :)
Yeah, I wasn't all to sure about that one when I posted it, so I think you're right. Thanks for clearing it up.
But still, he wasn't so far gone that he didn't have the sense to say that her blood was clean. So I just felt that they exaggerated it a bit. But probably not as a big a deal as I made it out to be :)
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

i found the "remember who you are" thing weird too.. especially since alice jasper and emmett are dancing around his body after little alice rips his head off! i mean why would edward be to "good" to kill him.. that made edward seem like a wimp to me. i get that he would have killed him in rage but i'm pretty sure he would have never regreted it...
i also thought him having all that trouble stopping drinking her was strange but mainly i think it was strange looking lol :D and thats why it bothered me.
one more thing.. i hated the hospital sence.. I LOVED in the book where she is hooked to the heart monitor and edward kisses her and her heart stops lol. but i guess since they left that fact out of the whole movie they cant really just stick it in at the end.. it would have confused non book ppl. but it's still one of my favorite parts
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I think the "remember who you are" was meant as like don't become that killer you've tried to repress, even for James. Yes, Alice and Jasper and Emmett were having a party back there, but they weren't feeling as vicious and out of control as Edward was. I think Carlisle wanted Edward to focus on his love, and not his hate.
I think the not being able to stop with Edward was just supposed to be added intensity. *shrug* They are Hollywood people.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
vampirenerd
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: In my fantasy world with Edward...and Jacob (why not?)

Post by vampirenerd »

I agree that Carlisle just didn't want him to kill him out of rage. The first time I watched it though I was confused as well. I didn't understand why it was ok for someone else to kill James but not Edward. But then after watching it about fifty more times lol I came to the conclusion that the others would be killing him to protect Bella. Edward would have been killing him out of rage and revenge.