I am so glad to have found this forum. My family doesn't understand why I get so aggrivated when I watch Twilight now.
Here are the things that bother me:
- They left out Jasper's ability completely
. His abilities are so much a part of the whole rest of the story in Eclipse especially that there was no point in leaving them out. All they had to do was say, "Alice can see the future and Jasper can alter your moods". Explaining that every vampire takes something over in the transition that is unique to them wouldn't have taken that much time.
- They did not spend as much time as they should have on the relationship between Edward and Bella. All he says is "I feel very protective of you", and "I don't know if I have the strength to stay away from you". Instead of something like, I find I can't seem to quit thinking about you. The whole resturaunt scene was a little rushed and choppy. I knew why Bella said, "huh" when the waitress walked off, because she was trying to get Edward's attention and he completely ignored her, but it didn't really show that.
- It almost seemed as though there should have been something in between the two scenes. They swerve into traffic and the music has everyone on the edge of their seat because Edward's talking about going back to kill Bella's would be attackers, and then cut to the quiet street with Angela and Jessica standing there looking around. Just didn't flow well for me.
- When he is driving Bella home, after he confirms that he can read every mind in the area except hers, and they drive past the police station. They both look confused and "My dad's still here" from Bella and "That's my father's car on the end. What's he doing here?" from out of Edward's mouth. I almost hit the floor.
Don't you know why your dad's here?
- Edward sneaking into Bella's room was an every night occurance after the first night and they only showed that once. She isn't shown talking in her sleep which mortifies her when she finds out that Edward has been watching. Since he can't read her mind, her talking in her sleep is that much more embarassing.
- I wanted so much for them to do the blood typing scene...that whole scene was so ironic. Edward finding out the sight of blood, not even her own, makes her sick.
I so wanted to see that brought to life. That was one scene that they shouldn't have changed. I know that it was before he confirmed what he was but the scene could have been done with hints. And Edward and Bella were sitting together at lunch by then.
- I wish they had put more of Bella looking through Edward's room...though I'm glad they didn't keep the line about the chinchilla poop thing. That just sounded stupid, but the journals were cool.
- Where are Jacob's older sisters that Bella knew? In the book, she didn't know who Jacob was at first. The one is supposed to end up with Paul in Breaking Dawn.
- Bella's heart monitor didn't go crazy when Edward kissed her or when she got upset because he told her she should go to Jacksonville. That is something that wouldn't have taken much and would have added so much to that scene. Instead of it just looking like her stuttering, it would have been more evident that Bella was confused and anxious by what he was saying.
- Victoria at the prom...awww come on.
Edward would have sensed her there, smelled her and heard her. She was 50ft away from them when they first walked in.
I know there are other things that bother me throughout the movie. I did see Rosalie and Emmett chewing at one of the lunch shots. Not a big deal, and could have been part of the act. But some of these other things were just mind blowing that they left out or overlooked.