Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by debussygirl »

I'm worried about Bella in her underwear. Yikes! That is absolutely horrible for them to do. There's no way Bella would do that in TW (BD on the other hand, is a different story). So far my only worry.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I don't think they are actually underwear, I think they are shorts. But yeah, that's not Twilight Bella. But I really don't care - I mean, she's a normal girl, and normal girls wear shorts like that to bed. *shrugs* No biggie. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
Sullie06
Learning to Love Green

Post by Sullie06 »

slayerchick303 wrote:
twigal wrote:
slayerchick303 wrote: I COMPLETELY AGREE! I've been sitting here forever trying to think of why I didn't really think that woman fit Esme very well and I couldn't come up with any reason. I just thought she looked... "off," if that makes any sense. She does seem a little too old for that character (not that she's old in general). The rest of the cast seems like a great fit. I think that the casting of Alice and Emmett look particularly well-done.

Of course, the casting of Rob as Edward was sheer brilliancy in itself. Hopefully his rendition of Edward will do Edward's character justice! I guess we'll have to wait and see. But from what I've seen in the trailers, he seems pretty "dead-on." Plus, the fact that Rob plays piano (like Edward) is another quality that will lend itself to a good rendition of Edward's character. Rob even plays Bella's lullaby on the soundtrack!
I agree with you about the Esme thing. I thought both of the actors they got to play Esme AND Carlisle were just to old to play them. At least to me any way.
Yeah, I think Carlisle is a little too old, but not like outrageously. For some reason, even though the book describes Esme has lighter blonde, red hair, I always pictured her with dark hair. Same with Mike. Even though he's supposed to be this platinum blonde, I always thought of him as a dark brunette. Huh, oh well.
I'm actually not to worried about it. It's the magic of motion pictures. I mean I look at it this way, and this may date me a little, look at the cast of the original 90210! They were late 20's for the most part and playing teenagers.... and people believed it. Because they wanted to believe it. Plus really they are not that old... early 30's and Elizabeth Reaser is an amazing actress...
Lauren Hale
Learning to Love Green

Post by Lauren Hale »

Im not really worried about much, i think it will turn out great, i just hope that it sends chills down my spine, just like when i read it...i hope to experience the same effects as i did while reading it.
Sullie06
Learning to Love Green

Post by Sullie06 »

awesomejen1 wrote:
jlbower79 wrote:
I have so much going on in Nov... dentist appointment, hubby bday, going to PA, Thanksgiving, My bday... am I missing anything?

I love the changing of the leaves.... breathtaking. I'm going to start saying "Gosh it's so Edwardish outside" WOOT WOOT!
Hum...is there something missing from that list...Oh! We will have a new president in November (well, know who he is at least)...Vetrans day is in November (yeah for having a tuesday off!) My hubby's bday is in November...it's his 30th actually, I need to throw an awesome party! I think I am missing one more thing...hum...
Lotta November birthdays for us. My sister is 23 on the 1st, my niece is 3 on the 3rd, My Friend is 34 on the 3rd, my BIL is 24 on the 30th...
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

awesomejen1 wrote:I think they could probably have a scene in the movie with Edward reading from the phone book and it would be Hawt! I mean...come on...Edward/Rob just oozes Sexiness appeal (S*x isn't allowed here, right?)
Hm there is this part in the movie (that i pray they keep because it's probably the funniest to read) KIND OF LIKE THAT but OMG JEN SO MUCH BETTER! Talking about the word SEX! It's in there instead of the whole phonebook... like three times.. like amazing.. NO NO AWESOME!

WOOT WOOT.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

jlbower79 wrote:
awesomejen1 wrote:I think they could probably have a scene in the movie with Edward reading from the phone book and it would be Hawt! I mean...come on...Edward/Rob just oozes Sexiness appeal (S*x isn't allowed here, right?)
Hm there is this part in the movie (that i pray they keep because it's probably the funniest to read) KIND OF LIKE THAT but OMG JEN SO MUCH BETTER! Talking about the word SEX! It's in there instead of the whole phonebook... like three times.. like amazing.. NO NO AWESOME!

WOOT WOOT.
I have read that scene! I hope it's in there too...to hear that word drip from his lips...mmm...I'll take what I can get.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
slayerchick303
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by slayerchick303 »

jlbower79 wrote:
slayerchick303 wrote: I hope so, but we won't know until we see the movie. I just watched the most recent trailer again (for like the 50th time) and I just noticed that Bella and Edward's first kiss scene happens differently than the book! It kind of looks like the first kiss happens in Bella's bedroom. Do you think that's right too?
He doesn't get into a big fight... just so you know. Most of us "who are brave enough that is because it'll ruin it for you" have read the script.

My not so worry for the morning....

I want to know what's up with that ALLEY part! Edward pressing into her... AH! That was hot. I hope I saw that right. It was late. I wasn't seeing things was I?

WOOT WOOT YA'LL
JAIME

Oh and I know this is a worry thread but lets not be negative!
I'm glad to hear that there isn't a fight scene there. I don't want to read the script because I want to be surprised when I watch the movie. I haven't seen the "alley part." What is it? What happens? Where did you see that scene? Just the thought of Edward pressing against Bella is extremely hot! I look forward to seeing it!
MANDI
Team Edward Forever!
ImageImage
E<3B
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

WHOA, HOLD ON, WAIT A MINUTE! Um... *gulps* you're telling me.... that Edward says.... SEX!?!?!?!?

That's is, I no longer have any worries about this movie, ever. I shall worship it. That is amazing. This movie gets more and more amazing the more I hear about it. I think should just go ahead and buy myself a ticket for every day of the weekend of Nov 21. I'm serious.

I agree with susan(?) that the movie is supposed to be in the spirit of the book and not the actual book. I always tell people, "This is the first MOVIE, not the first BOOK." I like the twist that Catherine has put on things.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
tsvety
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by tsvety »

I always tell people, "This is the first MOVIE, not the first BOOK." I like the twist that Catherine has put on things.
Completely agree! The movie is gonna be awesomeness!
~Lina
*I'm on The List.* *The name's Pancakes* ^^
Image ^awesome banner by Narnia^