Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by mlola619 »

i have to admit i didn't like the tree jumping scene either...*sigh* oh well- i still support the movie and know they worked really hard on it- so i respect their work. But can i just mention i DIED OF LAUGHTER when Rosalie broke the salad bowl? LMAO such a Rosalie move! And Bella's joke just before they left the kitchen had me on the floor. I loved that entire scene to be honest. AND ALICE!!! oh my gosh i like squealed and started clapping when Alice came in with Jasper- it was such a tension reliever to me, I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT! i also really like how awkward Alice made everyone feel when she kept saying stuff like "Don't worry, we're goign to be best friends", or "i'll see you soon", and Bella walks away awkwardly- mahaha!

I'm so happy with the Cullens so far- i hadn't gotten the chance to see them play out their character fully, and i think they got everything ON POINT! Especially Jasper, i thought he was awesome...and so adorable! I'm seriously way too stoked for this movie...it's going to be amazing!!!

*dies*
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

mlola619 wrote:i have to admit i didn't like the tree jumping scene either...*sigh* oh well- i still support the movie and know they worked really hard on it- so i respect their work. But can i just mention i DIED OF LAUGHTER when Rosalie broke the salad bowl? LMAO such a Rosalie move! And Bella's joke just before they left the kitchen had me on the floor. I loved that entire scene to be honest. AND ALICE!!! oh my gosh i like squealed and started clapping when Alice came in with Jasper- it was such a tension reliever to me, I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT! i also really like how awkward Alice made everyone feel when she kept saying stuff like "Don't worry, we're goign to be best friends", or "i'll see you soon", and Bella walks away awkwardly- mahaha!

I'm so happy with the Cullens so far- i hadn't gotten the chance to see them play out their character fully, and i think they got everything ON POINT! Especially Jasper, i thought he was awesome...and so adorable! I'm seriously way too stoked for this movie...it's going to be amazing!!!

*dies*

where are you getting the extra footage from? can you link it or re-link it?
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

switzgal wrote:
mlola619 wrote:i have to admit i didn't like the tree jumping scene either...*sigh* oh well- i still support the movie and know they worked really hard on it- so i respect their work. But can i just mention i DIED OF LAUGHTER when Rosalie broke the salad bowl? LMAO such a Rosalie move! And Bella's joke just before they left the kitchen had me on the floor. I loved that entire scene to be honest. AND ALICE!!! oh my gosh i like squealed and started clapping when Alice came in with Jasper- it was such a tension reliever to me, I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF IT! i also really like how awkward Alice made everyone feel when she kept saying stuff like "Don't worry, we're goign to be best friends", or "i'll see you soon", and Bella walks away awkwardly- mahaha!

*dies*

it's from the rome film festival...the audio's not so good, but if you watch it over and over *which you know you will* you'll catch it and it makes sense, just kinda hard to figure out at first...*sigh* i need this movie...now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTGSjoEPUfc
switzgal

!!

Post by switzgal »

mlola619 wrote:
switzgal wrote:

*dies*

it's from the rome film festival...the audio's not so good, but if you watch it over and over *which you know you will* you'll catch it and it makes sense, just kinda hard to figure out at first...*sigh* i need this movie...now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTGSjoEPUfc
forever thank you! I will watch it after I eat dinner.
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

i agree the flying almost looks cheesy! :?

I mean.. it looks fake?

The rest was adorable! WOOT WOOT! (thanks for posting) :P
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
ECfan20
Wandering Through Town

Post by ECfan20 »

Kizmet wrote:i have supported this movie from the beginning. from the casting to the small changes they made in the story, i was able to see the reasoning behind it all and was not worried about it at all. until today.

while this is not an issue that i think will make or break the movie (it still has the potential to be freaking AMAZING, but this part will always bug me no matter what), i thought the tree jumping scene shown in italy looked terrible. you could just so obviously tell that they were on wires, and the position of rob's body in some of the shots was just really awkward-looking, and the slow motion was cheesy. now, from the comments i've seen online so far, there seem to be two basic reactions to this from most people:
1. it looks terrible, i can't believe they did that, what the heck
2. give them a break, they had a small budget, you can't expect the best special effects ever

i have to take a middle ground. it DOES look terrible, and i do understand why they did the wire work, and no, i do not think that we should have been expecting the most awesomest special effects ever. BUT i think they could have done a MUCH better job with what they had, especially in the editing department. i'm into filmmaking myself, and personally they stuck a couple of shots in there that i cannot believe they used. they should have used alternate takes of them or just left them out altogether - it still would have worked.

but really other than that, i think this movie is going to be awesome.
I have to say that I do agree with you 100% on this...I was real dissapointed when I saw that part, but I got over it pretty quickly! I have kind of expected to see some things that way, due to the low budget, so it wasn't such a suprise. Still can't wait for this movie!!!!
Last edited by ECfan20 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

found a better version...MWAHAHAHA!!!! :twisted:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IBJPQNGazS4
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

GOSH that was ONE LONG CLIP! I have a question! Why they not show that to us (americans)? I mean sheesh!

I can't believe how detailed long that clip was. Great... so great... again i love Edwards fast speed around the car, that totally dazzles me. I love the Alice and him awkward faces, laughing. The flying still weird. The piano I hope it a bit brighter on the screen...
anyways WOOT WOOT!
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
switzgal

Post by switzgal »

wow that was a long clip. I think we will see the entire movie before Nov. 21st.
I agree about the tree jumping. They could've left it off completely and just did the swift running through the forest.

I wonder if the movie critics say bad things about the tree jumping if they eliminate it in New Moon (if they make it).
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

wait, wait--are you guys telling me that rob plays bella's lullaby in this clip? because if so i can't watch it cuz i don't want to see that before the actual movie. i am adamant about that! by gosh i WILL stick to at least one of the promises i made to myself lol.

so yea, can anyone give me a spoiler warning here before i accidentally watch anything i dont want to see? thanks!
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3