Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by melting into you »

I"m worried after Breaking Dawn and knowing how it all ends up I might not feel the magic. I hope I'm wrong.
twilittazz
Settled in Forks

Post by twilittazz »

I gotta say, I wasn't excited that Rob was going to play Edward, but he's kind of starting to grow on me. I just don't know if I could stand it if any little detail from the book is off. It drove me crazy with the Harry Potter books (and I drove my friends crazy with my constant complaints) :)
Heaven forbid I not be protected from tanks.Image
xMoonlightxTragedyx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by xMoonlightxTragedyx »

Naw.. Im cool. SM was on net, they asked if she liked thechanges, and she did. SO I trust her.I am only worried about if they make the sequles, how they portray jake. Because he is soposed to age and stuff.. but obviously Taylor cant. :D
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

I know already that they can't match the images in my head. I won't reread Twilight when the movie release is close, because I know I will be disappointed.

My hope is that they give it a serious treatment. So long as they get the mood right, I think I will be pleased. It has to be sincere, or it will be unbearably cheesy. If it comes off like a WB series or an afterschool special, I'll be upset. And honestly, I can't tell from the trailers what it will actually be like.
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Oh, I know, right? The characters ARE teenagers, but, the tone of the books isn't necessarily teen. Sure, there's some teen angst amongst them, but Bella is mature for her 17 years. You're right about the mood, too; that's how I feel. I know the lines are going to be out of place, and that there are added scenes and deleted scenes; they can't put everything in the film. I feel that as long as the core components are there, I'll be happy!

Oh, and as far as the cast goes... I guess I'll put it here, since it concerns the whole cast. I'm rather glad that they didn't cast HUGE stars for this movie. Sure, there are some actors that are more well-known that others... I only recognized Rob, Kristin, Elizabeth, and Nikki. I had no clue who the others were! I feel they were right in doing this; I have no idea if more recognizable or popular stars auditioned for the roles... they don't usually publicize that. I think they did right by having a few bigger names- that's what caught my attention- they hook you with a name, hoping that will draw the audience in!! By having lesser-known actors in the movie I think lends a "real" quality to this fantasy world that we love!!
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

I got a copy of what is supposed to be the script and I couldn't help but read through it, mostly because if they cut the Port Angeles scene and the stuff that followed in Edward's car, I was going to be pretty ticked off.

IF the script I got is legit (and it looks it), I'm going to be very happy.

I'm not too worried about them moving certain conversations, so long as they happen in the context they do in the book (ex. the "how long have you been 17?" scene did not originally happen in the woods, but so long as they have that conversation, I'm good).

The only worry I am left with is the casting of one character.... Rosalie. I'm not trying to be weird, but she just doesn't look the part for me, and it's bothering me. That, and I wondered like a lot of you how on earth they're going to make the vampire's skin sparkle, and how Jacob is going to all of a sudden be like 7 feet tall.

Having said that, I'm excited for the movie. IF the script is on target, it's going to be awesome.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Go to the NewsBlog section, scroll to Aug. 26, and click on "About.com." This article mentions that they are doing some CGI stuff to make them sparkle in the sun. I guess it's just easier that way.

I love your sig! I did giggle a bit, because I am a brunette!!
yomahmaful
Settled in Forks

Post by yomahmaful »

NoLu wrote:Does anyone know if they are going to do a sequal? I love these books and I dont think they can possibly leave it at just one movie??? Besides that, Im hoping that they will be able to get alot of the Bella/Edward story in a 2 hour film....literally sitting here biting my nails in anticipation!
In order for a sequel Summit has to double their budget of 40 million. So I suggest to everyone to at least see the movie twice. I think it's possible especially when fan made videos on youtube get close to half a million views! I remember this film critic said that he was expecting the movie to make around 60-70 million total! I say no freaking way, so I ask, who here is going to watch it more than twice?
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Why, heck yeah, I'm going to see it more than twice! I've read the books more than twice, and I find something new each time... so I guess the movies will be the same for me.
delighted_one
Settled in Forks

Post by delighted_one »

I'm worried about all the stunts, the pale skin, and especially the whole fleeting thing. I'm worried that they will look fake and it won't convince me. I want everything as realistic as it can be. and like someone else mentioned I hope that the part where Edward is supose to glow with he comes out into the sun also doesn't look cheesy.