Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JClaire
Settled in Forks

Re: Worried About the Twilight Movie

Post by JClaire »

I'm worried about the fact that Edward is supposed to have this amazing, soft, sexy voice, and at the same time they're giving him an American accent. That's an almost total contridiction...
Well, he was born and raised in Chicago so...what accent do you expect him to have?!
Aoife_ni_Bhaoill
Settled in Forks

Post by Aoife_ni_Bhaoill »

JClaire wrote:
I'm worried about the fact that Edward is supposed to have this amazing, soft, sexy voice, and at the same time they're giving him an American accent. That's an almost total contridiction...
Well, he was born and raised in Chicago so...what accent do you expect him to have?!
I know... but still... :D

That's the problem with films... in your head, a book can be whatever you want it to be... but on screen, it's never the same (sigh)...
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

spagirlval wrote:Yes, on IMDB it does have New Moon in 2010. They might just have to film the movies closer together but not release them right away. Do they do that sort of thing?
Yes... they did this with the last 2 Matrix movies, and they are also doing this with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows... they are filming both parts simultaneously, but releasing them months apart. I don't know about the rest of the Twilight movies.

Another concern I have is the CG stuff. I know that the actors did alot of stunts themselves and that there's not a whole lot of CG stuff. Obviously, there are things you can't do in real life, liky fly through the forest or actually stop a van careening towards you. My point is that I'm thinking that this one will be too "real." Not that I mind that, because the Twilight world feels real (major KUDOS to Steph for that). I just mean that there are alot of things in the sequels that will obviously have to be done by computer, and that they just won't flow together... phasing, being the biggest part... if they're going for the "real-world" look.
NoLu
Settled in Forks

Post by NoLu »

Does anyone know if they are going to do a sequal? I love these books and I dont think they can possibly leave it at just one movie??? Besides that, Im hoping that they will be able to get alot of the Bella/Edward story in a 2 hour film....literally sitting here biting my nails in anticipation!
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

The only thing that I am really worried about is Bella's voice? Is anyone else that way? When I created her in my mind, I pictured her to have a more fragile (I'm not sure if that's the word I'm looking for...) voice. Maybe it's just me though! But I really can't wait for the movie to come out and am so glad that they changed the release date.
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
JClaire
Settled in Forks

Post by JClaire »

mrsedwardcullen wrote:The only thing that I am really worried about is Bella's voice? Is anyone else that way? When I created her in my mind, I pictured her to have a more fragile (I'm not sure if that's the word I'm looking for...) voice. Maybe it's just me though! But I really can't wait for the movie to come out and am so glad that they changed the release date.
I feel the same...I can't find the right word to describe her voice in my head either. While I think Kristin is EXCELLENT for the part, her voice just seems more...harsh?

At the end of the day though, I don't think it'll matter.
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

I'm really worried that the lines are going to be extremely corny. Personally, from what I've seen and heard in the trailers, extra scenes, and clips, a lot of the lines seem soooo cheesy. For example, in the first trailer, when Kellan says to Edward "She's not one of us!", it sounded so awkward to me. Same with the whole "You're incredibly strong, and fast. You're skin is pale white, and ice cold." "Are you afraid." "I'm only afraid of losing you." part. The way they said it in the trailer sounded so unnatural.

I'm also kinda worried about the sparkly skin. I hope it doesn't look extremely fake, since they're using CGI. But really, other than that, I'm not all too concerned. I know that the movie won't be exactly the same as the book, and no matter what, I'm going to find something wrong with it, but I'm still soooooo pumped for it!!!! :D [21.11.08♥]
Tammy
Settled in Forks

Post by Tammy »

I have some friends who are Twilight fans in Europe and they are outraged that they will not be able to see the movie until January 2009. Please help change this release date for them. Thanks!!!
Here is one of their posts...

It is with great sadness and frustration that I announce this to you all, just as our US and Canadian friends jump for joy at the news that they will be getting Twilight the film early on Nov 21st...I announce that those of us in Europe have been dealt a heavy blow..read this list of dates and you will see why...
To give an overview of release dates, that would now mean:

November 20 Philippines
November 21 USA, Canada,

December 12 South Korea, Australia
December 19 Italy
December 25 Argentina

January 1 2009 Portugal
January 2 2009 Sweden
January 8 2009 Netherlands, New Zealand
January 9 2009 United Kingdom
January 22 2009 Germany, Switzerland (German speaking)

February 13 Finland, Norway

Please show your support of your European friends and raise this topic on the other forums you are members of..please e-mail Summit and point out the unfairness of it all..that's our x-mas ruined now..first no HBP, now no Twilight..just a minute of your time and an e-mail is all we ask! Thank you!
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

porscheturbo911 wrote:I'm really worried that the lines are going to be extremely corny. Personally, from what I've seen and heard in the trailers, extra scenes, and clips, a lot of the lines seem soooo cheesy. For example, in the first trailer, when Kellan says to Edward "She's not one of us!", it sounded so awkward to me. Same with the whole "You're incredibly strong, and fast. You're skin is pale white, and ice cold." "Are you afraid." "I'm only afraid of losing you." part. The way they said it in the trailer sounded so unnatural.

I'm also kinda worried about the sparkly skin. I hope it doesn't look extremely fake, since they're using CGI. But really, other than that, I'm not all too concerned. I know that the movie won't be exactly the same as the book, and no matter what, I'm going to find something wrong with it, but I'm still soooooo pumped for it!!!! :D [21.11.08♥]
I totally understand and feel the same way about what you are saying about how certain lines seem a little cheesy and unnatural in the trailer. I think when we see the movie though as a whole instead of bits and pieces then it will sound a lot better because we will get to see that whole seen, versus just a few seconds of cheesy dialogue.
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Tammy wrote:I have some friends who are Twilight fans in Europe and they are outraged that they will not be able to see the movie until January 2009. Please help change this release date for them. Thanks!!!
Here is one of their posts...

It is with great sadness and frustration that I announce this to you all, just as our US and Canadian friends jump for joy at the news that they will be getting Twilight the film early on Nov 21st...I announce that those of us in Europe have been dealt a heavy blow..read this list of dates and you will see why...
To give an overview of release dates, that would now mean:

November 20 Philippines
November 21 USA, Canada,

December 12 South Korea, Australia
December 19 Italy
December 25 Argentina

January 1 2009 Portugal
January 2 2009 Sweden
January 8 2009 Netherlands, New Zealand
January 9 2009 United Kingdom
January 22 2009 Germany, Switzerland (German speaking)

February 13 Finland, Norway

Please show your support of your European friends and raise this topic on the other forums you are members of..please e-mail Summit and point out the unfairness of it all..that's our x-mas ruined now..first no HBP, now no Twilight..just a minute of your time and an e-mail is all we ask! Thank you!

I do feel your pain, however, movie releases are so much about the press surrounding them these days. There are red-carpets, parties, after-parties, interviews, etc... I don't know that there will be a Premiere Party in a major city in every one of those countries or if the cast will go to those that are so far away... but, the UK????? That's Rob's homeland, so surely it'll be a huge deal across the pond! It would be hard for him to be at the LA and London premieres at the same time! I don't know the inner workings of the minds of the uppity-ups at Production Companies and such, but I'm sure there is a method to their madness.