Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Re: I Saw the Twilight Trailer on the Big Screen

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

Omg, my friends told me they saw the Twilight trailer in the movie Quarantine, Eagle Eye, and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. I screamed in the hallway. One my friend actually had to move away from me because my scream was that high pitch and they all told me to calm down. I was literally shaking and jumping up and down because I was soooo excited and I didn't even see it on the big screen yet. What will happen to me if I did?

I think I'm going to see a movie this weekend. I can't wait for the trailer. *shaking*
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

I saw the trailer a little over a month ago when we went to see The Dark Knight, and this was before I read the books, I think earlier that night I was telling hubby- "So there are these books that everyone keeps raving about and saying they are incredible, I am thinking about reading them, but I'm not sure." Then the trailer came on and I was like "That's the movie of the book I was talking about earlier!!!" while elbowing him, I told him we'd have to go see it when it came out.

It was just more persuasion for me to read the books.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
NewMillenium
Wandering Through Town

Post by NewMillenium »

Does anyone else think it's annoying when everyone in the theater is screaming? C'mon guys, I love Twilight, but I wanted to actually watch and HEAR the trailer. The audience was screaming so loud that i couldn't hear the dialogue. If everyone is shrieking like that during the movie every time Edward comes on screen, I will never get to hear Rob :cry:

I'm really not trying to be a party-pooper but there are rules in the theater about no talking during a movie.(and I wanted to hear the trailer :evil:)Shouldn't this also apply to screaming? I've seen the trailer four times and every single time, a large amount of people were screaming.

I don't want noise from anything other than what's on screen when I'm watching the Twilight movie. Does this bother anyone else?(or am just freaking out too much :lol: )
WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above, as apparently my cats have learned how to type.
twilighter1193
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilighter1193 »

NewMillenium wrote:Does anyone else think it's annoying when everyone in the theater is screaming? C'mon guys, I love Twilight, but I wanted to actually watch and HEAR the trailer. The audience was screaming so loud that i couldn't hear the dialogue. If everyone is shrieking like that during the movie every time Edward comes on screen, I will never get to hear Rob :cry:

I'm really not trying to be a party-pooper but there are rules in the theater about no talking during a movie.(and I wanted to hear the trailer :evil:)Shouldn't this also apply to screaming? I've seen the trailer four times and every single time, a large amount of people were screaming.

I don't want noise from anything other than what's on screen when I'm watching the Twilight movie. Does this bother anyone else?(or am just freaking out too much :lol: )
No i think your right! I'm thinking that when i go to the movie i'll stand up in front of everyone and be like "Hey! Okay so here is the deal... You get one scream when you are in this theater and that would be when the movie starts. Other than that keep your squeals to yourself!" Haha i honestly don't think i could do that but it sounds like a really good idea! :P
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
EdwardNJessi
Learning to Love Green

Post by EdwardNJessi »

Gosh. I am so disappointed. I have been trying to catch the Twilight trailer in the theater, but I have been having NO luck. I saw Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist last night and no dice. nada. nothing. zilch. (sigh)

I'm checking out The Duchess tonight...let's hope I get a nice surprise!! *wink wink*

My Mom saw it before Nights of Rodanthe...maybe I should sneak in the theater before it starts just for the preview. hahaha. I'm a nerd. :D
MagicWings
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagicWings »

NewMillenium wrote:Does anyone else think it's annoying when everyone in the theater is screaming? C'mon guys, I love Twilight, but I wanted to actually watch and HEAR the trailer. The audience was screaming so loud that i couldn't hear the dialogue. If everyone is shrieking like that during the movie every time Edward comes on screen, I will never get to hear Rob :cry:

This is why I'm gonna wait a few days before I go see the movie... I want to enjoy it and I have a low tolerance for screaming girls...

As much as I wanna rush in and add my ticket price to the opening weekend totals, I'll probably only get the chance to see the movie once... so I wanna enjoy it.. and hopefully a few days later, most of the screaming will have stopped...
Anime, manga, and gamer fans wanted:
http://imagineroleplayforum.ultimarpg.net/portal.htm
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I would say, if you can, go on Friday during the day when the kiddies are in school. I know it's probably not doable, but it's a suggestion. *shrugs* I just think the opening weekend numbers are going to be crucial in whether or not other movies in the series get made. Also Thanksgiving weekend numbers will have to be big as well.

And on a personal note, I totally want Twilight to crush James Bond at the box office. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
MagicWings
Wandering Through Town

Post by MagicWings »

soozabooza54 wrote:I would say, if you can, go on Friday during the day when the kiddies are in school. I know it's probably not doable, but it's a suggestion. *shrugs* I just think the opening weekend numbers are going to be crucial in whether or not other movies in the series get made. Also Thanksgiving weekend numbers will have to be big as well.

And on a personal note, I totally want Twilight to crush James Bond at the box office. :)
My mom is off work on Mondays, and she was actually the one that bought Twilight first, I was really hesitant to get into it... but I was hooked before chapter 3! (I'm 21 and shes like... 52 or something).

I don't think 2 tickets are gonna break the bank on whether New Moon gets made, though, haha. We'll see if I can resist temptation though... might end up breaking down and going to see it anyways...

Opening weekend will be a factor, but it's also going to be important if the movie KEEPS making money after that weekend. The first weekend is obviously gonna be fans... but after that, it'll probably be word of mouth non-fans... so if they trickle out after the first week... that'd probably look pretty bad.
Anime, manga, and gamer fans wanted:
http://imagineroleplayforum.ultimarpg.net/portal.htm
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

^haha. well if i get any say in it, the numbers will keep rising because not only will non-twilight lovers be going to see it, but millions of twilighters will be seeing it over and over and over... :)

i'm going to see nick and norahs infinite playlist tomorrow. lets hope i see the trailer! *crosses fingers*
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
KatieCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by KatieCullen »

I saw it with some friends last week. It was funny becasue we were seeing Eagle Eye, so it was basically only teenage boys in the cinema. And when the trailer came on we all started screaming our support for Rob and twilight in general :P We got some very very weird looks :P
But we are so excited !!! I can't wait till they start airing it on TV.