Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
taltosgirl
Settled in Forks

Re: The Soundtrack

Post by taltosgirl »

Too me, twilight is all about love no? so i would put the most romantic song EVER on the soundtrack INXS' 'never tear us apart'. it just so incompasses the way they both met. it emphasizes the small things in life, and how just standing somewhere can give you the perfect perspective to see all you ever wanted. PLUS!!! SM posted it as a 'potential song' for the BD playlist...i definately LOVE it. and for any of you who were wround for the ORIGINAL release of Donny Darko (a movie totaly based on circumstance and fate and what not...much like T-NM-E-BD) it was the song that played durring the opening scene, while donny is riding his bike around.

lyrics:
Don't ask me What you know is true Don't have to tell you
I love your precious heart
I , I was standing
You were there
Two worlds collided
And they could never tear us apart
We could live For a thousand years
But if I hurt you
I'd make wine from your tears
I told you That we could fly 'Cause we all have wings
But some of us don't know why

yeah...so that could totaly be on the soundtrack, even just while the end credits are rolling and it would just MAKE IT for me.

ps-my gfs and me started working on our premiere shirts!!! aaaah!!! 2 more months!!!!
swimming w/ my edward
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

This is probably a stupid question but I'm asking anyway. And this is in general, not strictly speaking of Twilight, when do soundtracks typically "come out"? I know they usually hit before the movie, right? But how far in advance, do they hit? Then, do we have any idea when a Twilight soundtrack will be released?

But the more important question...if it (and it probably will) releases before the movie...(obviously we'll all buy it, we're pretty obsessive Twilight people here), will you listen to it? I know for SURE I'll be buying it, so if you see me at the store and there's only one copy left and you are coming at it the same time I am...I whip out my cell and call Edward and make him clobber you so I can get the darn CD first! :shock: :roll: ...anyway, that's beside the point...I don't know if I could listen to it! Obviously I want to, and I have a playlist all my own on my ipod for Twilight, but I think that listening to the soundtrack will almost ruin the movie for me....I'll stick it in my car and listen to it on the way home from the movie! But I'm gonna have to have someone hide the CD from me...hmm....Anyway..back on track....most noticably, I want to hear Edward's lullaby to Bella at the movies! I want to hear it for the first time when Bella hears it for the first time you know? I think the other songs I don't care too much about really (at least for right now! lol) but Bella's lullaby is almost sacred at this point, don't ya think?

?? Thoughts??
Sharenei
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sharenei »

*puts the Bad Panda hat on*

*applies rage-retardant spray*

Okay, short of locking myself in one of Carlisle's quarantine chambers, I should be set. Here we go.

Nope, not buying it. Any listening I do will be whatever's actually in the movie itself. I might have to see if I can buy any extra tracks on Itunes, if the Pattinson-specific tracks are ever singled out, but that's about the only interesting thing I saw on the soundtrack. I was also endlessly pleased that the Cranberries made it on there, but it's about the only group I personally felt belonged there.

Naturally, Stephenie's opinion differs strongly from mine in that regard. Maybe if I heard more music from the other artists (Paramore, Muse, etc.), I could see the appeal. Until then, that's where I stand.
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

is the soundtrack out already? i'm confused...

and whoever posted that horror of love song (or something? lol sorry i have a bad memory) by ludo, i did listen to it. i do believe i liked it, so you're not alone. i just didn't comment on it.

ummm i'd probably obtain the soundtrack in one form or another, but not until after i see the movie.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Destani and Tengo Nubs, you picked some good ones, not songs we've heard recently! I've thought this out a bit, and a couple songs come to mind:
Dido- Here With Me
Brian McKnight- Anytime
Backstreet Boys- Incomplete
The Cure- Love Song
Sarah Brightman and Andrea Bocelli- Time to Say Goodbye
Dave Matthews Band- Crash
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
Cocoa

Post by Cocoa »

There seems to be a little bit of confusion over the soundtrack listed on amazon. Let me explain.

There was listed on the Amazon website a Twilight Sountrack. The initial posting of the item on Amazon listed the tracks as the same playlist Stephenie compiled for Twilight on her website. That list has since been removed as it is NOT the playlist for the movie.
SeverusSnape11221
Settled in Forks

Post by SeverusSnape11221 »

I would really like Sound of Pulling Heaven Down by Blue October to be on the soundtrack. I love that song! Blue October is my favorite band.
Last edited by SeverusSnape11221 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageEmmett Cullen Rocks!!<3
midnight_fix
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by midnight_fix »

ShinyVolvoDriver wrote:There's this beautiful song called 'Stay with Me' that's used as the backing music to one of the best fan-made trailers for New Moon that I've ever seen... I don't know who it's by, but I absolutely ADORE that song. It's completely right for Twilight :)
The song is by Danity Kane , i believe. Pretty song...awesome video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxLt2fAT-6E
Edward talks to me in my head.....they tried to give me medication for that but I wouldn't let them.
ChelseaLee
Wandering Through Town

Post by ChelseaLee »

I don't know if anyone on here is a fan of Jewel, but I was listening to the album Spirit the other day, and listened to the song "What's Simple Is True" for the first time since I've read the books. I could not believe how well it fits Edward and Bella! Just little bits that seemed to suit them so well, at least in my opinion, check it out! :D

Turn to me with frozen lips
Your hands are icy cold
Your eyes burn bright against the frost-bit sky
You never seemed more lovely than you do right tonight
Pale on the horizon
Like leaves frozen in the snow
Our two shadows merge inseparably
Will time stand still if it's pierced with cold
The more I live
The more I know
What's simple is true
I love you
there's a warmth in my heart
It haunts me when you're gone
Mend me to your side and never let go
Say 'Time knows nothing, we'll never grow cold'
The more I live
The more I know
What's simple is true
I love you
Twilight descends on our silhouette
How soon spring comes
How soon spring forgets
I wanna hold time, say it'll never begin
Old man winter be our friend
'Cause the more I live
The more I know
What's simple is true
I love you
Team Switzerland - Because yes, I love them both!
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

there's a song called "dog-eared page" by the matches that i think could fit in with jacob's perspective in new moon. i know, not a twilight movie song, buuuut i figure that's okay.

the lyrics don't fit exactly but it could work:

I'm just a dog-eared page you turn back to.
Where's the place for me
When we're both in love with you?

I can't escape these friends
I've made since you left town.
They throw redundant parties
where I'm too often found.
And while I sit and watch girls and boys
trade views of new tattoos
I wonder if it's too late to call your mom
and catch up on some news.
She says you'll be home soon for me -

And it'll be just like you were never gone.
I'll try to be just some guy you're getting on.
But basically, we're both in love with you.
I'm just a dog-eared page you turn back to.
Where's the place for me,
when we're both in love with you?

that's just the first half of the song, but you get the gist. it's a great song too--check it out on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0EPZWqUK-c
Last edited by Tengo Nubs. on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3