Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kam-corder
Settled in Forks

Re: The Soundtrack

Post by Kam-corder »

Did you guys hear it??!! In the end of the Reelz channel movie Catherine says something about getting the score to sound right!! THEY HAVE A SCORE!! AND ORIGINAL SCORE!! Yes!!! Even if they don't have an original soundtrack they are going to have a score which mean that everytime people hear it they are going to know it's Twilight! Podcasts will have intro music I'll have something to play on the piano other that Clair de Lune when I am feeling Twilighty!!

Okay sorry for the rant but I just can't wait to see who is going to compose it. And what it's going to sound like, I thinks its very interesting how movie scores have to get the music to sound like the plot. John Williams does a great job at that but a lot of his music sounds the same, Twilight needs something original!!

I can't wait I hope I am right about this!! :?
Elizabeth:There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing.
Jack:I love those moments! I like to wave at them as they pass by.

Will:This is either madness... or brilliance.
Jack:It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide.
iamcocobanana
Settled in Forks

Post by iamcocobanana »

jlbower79 wrote:i have a question, in the clip on the penelope dvd... does ANYONE know the song that plays? i love just listening to that... but i haven't gotten a clue what it is.

anyone know?
clair de lune.
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

no not that part.. when like it's behind the senses look... like when Edward jumps up from his lab table and takes off (which by the way makes me heart go WHOA! i love that part.. it's just how I picture it.)
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

iamcocobanana wrote:You guys do know that Rob is making the lullaby himself...right?
Isn't that still a rumor at this point? I'd heard he has two songs in the movie, one of which definitely isn't the lullaby and one of which may or may not be. At least, that's what I gathered from the panel at Comic Con when Catherine was talking about music.
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
Andrea S.
Settled in Forks

Post by Andrea S. »

mandustries wrote:
iamcocobanana wrote:You guys do know that Rob is making the lullaby himself...right?
Isn't that still a rumor at this point? I'd heard he has two songs in the movie, one of which definitely isn't the lullaby and one of which may or may not be. At least, that's what I gathered from the panel at Comic Con when Catherine was talking about music.
That's what I understood as well.
"Ms. Meyer has somehow made not having sex seem like the sexiest decision two people can make."

twilighter4eva
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilighter4eva »

I think they should definietely put Rob's composition on, also there's a band called The Bella Cullen Project. I think one of their songs would be awesome on the soundtrack, and maybe for the ending credits.
Here's their MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/thebellacullenproject
Another Twilight group is the Twilight Music Girls. There songs are great too.
Their My Space"
http://www.myspace.com/twilightmusicgirls

I like both of them a lot.
I think that a Muse song would be nice. Maybe a Blue October? They did say that there might be a vampire love song coming soon...
"Uh, I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can google it."- Edward

"How do we even know she's Italian? Her name's Bella."
Joanne Maria

Post by Joanne Maria »

A "Vampire Love Song"...that will quench your thirst...

But which type of Vampire love, what Edward and Bella have is so different than Emmett and Rosalie, or Alice and Jasper, etc..
twilightmomtobe
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightmomtobe »

Does anyone know what will be on the soundtrack? I keep seeing things for ringtones and songs from the soundtrack but I'm pretty sure they're spam. If not, I'd like to listen!
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

i completely agree with what some people are saying about mainstream music on the soundtrack--that would really ruin the movie for me. but i've actually been rewatching seasons of the oc lately so if the same person is doing the twilight soundtrack, i don't think it will be too bad. (s)he--sorry, i dunno who it is really--always picked out indie or lesser known artists for the show.

anyway, i know some people have been putting up what they think should be bella's lullaby. i'd be really excited if they did an original song, but otherwise this is the song i always hear when i read the books. it's a beautiful song, so i highly recommend checking it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F76O2Qsq0To
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:i completely agree with what some people are saying about mainstream music on the soundtrack--that would really ruin the movie for me. but i've actually been rewatching seasons of the oc lately so if the same person is doing the twilight soundtrack, i don't think it will be too bad. (s)he--sorry, i dunno who it is really--always picked out indie or lesser known artists for the show.

anyway, i know some people have been putting up what they think should be bella's lullaby. i'd be really excited if they did an original song, but otherwise this is the song i always hear when i read the books. it's a beautiful song, so i highly recommend checking it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F76O2Qsq0To

yeah i've heard it...but it sounds so much more beautiful now...really sounds like something Edward would play....*sigh*
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...