Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: The Soundtrack

Post by CantBreathe »

*haileystar* wrote:
ellalou73 wrote:I'm glad I heard the soundtrack before seeing the movie. I liked when Edward and Bella were in the Restaurant and they were playing Rob's song, and I too loved that they played the other one when he was sucking the venom out. that was a powerful seen, and a good song for the moment.
I loved that scene! That was probablly like one of my favorite scenes! I thought that the song they were playing was him but when I looked at the soundtrack on Amazon, there was only one song by him. Does anybody know the name of it because I will definitely buy it!
The other song of Rob's that plays during the venom sucking is called "Let Me Sign". The only place I've seen it is on the ITunes version of the soundtrack, but it could be found elsewhere.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

i guess i didnt hear the music in the background during that part. i have to pay closer attention next time to catch his song.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

CantBreathe wrote:
*haileystar* wrote:
ellalou73 wrote:I'm glad I heard the soundtrack before seeing the movie. I liked when Edward and Bella were in the Restaurant and they were playing Rob's song, and I too loved that they played the other one when he was sucking the venom out. that was a powerful seen, and a good song for the moment.
I loved that scene! That was probablly like one of my favorite scenes! I thought that the song they were playing was him but when I looked at the soundtrack on Amazon, there was only one song by him. Does anybody know the name of it because I will definitely buy it!
The other song of Rob's that plays during the venom sucking is called "Let Me Sign". The only place I've seen it is on the ITunes version of the soundtrack, but it could be found elsewhere.
Wow, I didn't know those were Rob's songs that were playing during those scenes. Those scenes were the most memorable for me because of the music. Honestly when I first heard that he had songs out, I didn't even bother listening to it because I assumed it'd be bad and ruin my perception of him. But wow, this is a big big suprise. He has a Jeff Buckley thing going on.

I'll be getting the soundtrack very very soon.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

RockChick
Settled in Forks

Post by RockChick »

Are/Were we just making suggestions/what we like to see on soundtrack mentions here for 1st movie? Or can we make suggestions for New Moon's soundtrack now that we know it's got the green light? Or is there another topic for the New Moon Soundtrack and if so whats the link? I didn't want to start another topic if there was one already.
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

*TwilightIsMyDrug* wrote:PS--I've got a question about "Never Think"

Did Rob write this for Twilight? If not, it's hauntingly perfect for the Bella and Edward. THANKS!
While i can't be sure, I dont THINK so. I watched an interveiw where he said that someone had gotten the music off his laptop and shown it to Hardwicke and she put it in the movie and asked him what he thought about it. It's possible some of it was slightly rewritten/re-worded for the movie, but it's hard to really know without asking him directly. *shrugs*
RockChick wrote:Are/Were we just making suggestions/what we like to see on soundtrack mentions here for 1st movie? Or can we make suggestions for New Moon's soundtrack now that we know it's got the green light? Or is there another topic for the New Moon Soundtrack and if so whats the link? I didn't want to start another topic if there was one already.
That would be an interesting new thread to suggest to a moderator (IMO) but i would probably go here to do it for now (I did)

http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/vie ... =20&t=2672
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
UnfreakinBelievable
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by UnfreakinBelievable »

Was anyone else sadly disappointed with the lullaby, and just the score in general?? I just thought it was lacking . . . substance. It usually sets the mood for the movie and this one just didn't do it for me. :(

I wonder if the guy that wrote the lullaby even knew what it was supposed to be like, you know, the "heart-breakingly sweet", or however it was put in the book. I just . . . . wanted something more like a lullaby.

Makes me wonder if Rob's version would have been better, or whether we'll ever hear it.

*shrugs*
twilighter1193

Post by twilighter1193 »

^yeah i totally agree! I have the lullaby that people were using before the movie (River Flows in You) and it fits so much better! the lullaby for the movie was A. Too short and B. had other instruments! It was just supposed to be Edward on the Piano!!! Get it right people!!!!! lol

Ha i was talking to a friend last night and she asked me if the soundtrack was any good and i was like "Yeah! I actually think it was better than the Movie" she started laughing at me but i think it's true... It was a much better representation if you ask me.
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
CantBreathe

Post by CantBreathe »

UnfreakinBelievable wrote:Was anyone else sadly disappointed with the lullaby, and just the score in general?? I just thought it was lacking . . . substance. It usually sets the mood for the movie and this one just didn't do it for me. :(

I wonder if the guy that wrote the lullaby even knew what it was supposed to be like, you know, the "heart-breakingly sweet", or however it was put in the book. I just . . . . wanted something more like a lullaby.

Makes me wonder if Rob's version would have been better, or whether we'll ever hear it.

*shrugs*
I am keeping my fingers crossed that Rob's version of the lullaby will make it onto the DVD when it's released.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
twilightfans5
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightfans5 »

kcartchick72 wrote:Just in case anyone is curious....the song that starts the credits as VIctoria is walking down the stairs is "15 Steps" by Radiohead. That was the only song I heard in the movie that wasn't on the soundtrack.

Thank you! I have been trying to figure out what that song was because I love that scene and the song and its NOT on the album.
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

THE SOUNDTRACK! I love it. It fits perfectly with the movie. I love these songs:
Eyes on Fire -Blue Foundation
Supermassive Black Hole- Muse
Spotlight -Muthmath (I think thats thier name)
Tremble for my beloved- Someone
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~