The Soundtrack

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Re: The Soundtrack

Post by DarkMuse »

For the life of me I cannot get Supermassive Black Hole out of my head. And I'm ok with that. Lol. Now everytime I hear it I think of Vampire Baseball. :D And Jasper with his bat. Ha. The songs all fit perfectly in the movie, which is always a good thing. Love it!
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
freeml
Wandering Through Town

Post by freeml »

I just downloaded the soundtrack off of iTunes the other night (mostly after reading all the comments on this thread!), and I like it overall. When I first heard Supermassive Black Hole (on Stephenie's website), I didn't even listen to the whole song, because I didn't like it...but once I heard it in the movie, I was like: "hmm, this song is kinda cool" so when I downloaded the soundtrack, I listened the whole way through, and now I like it a lot (enough to be humming it everywhere I go!! :D )

I also fell in love with "Flightless Bird"...I just love the music, it is so slow and mellow, and sweet. Perfect for the dance at the prom. Another one I have stuck in my head lately...

I like the music of Rob's songs (the guitar...*sigh*... I love the sound of guitar...), but I can hardly understand any of the words (thanks to someone who posted earlier saying that Rob writes the music first then tries to match words that fit later, and kind of mumbles them...that makes so much more sense!)

Bella's lullaby was pretty. I wonder if SM gave the composer the description of it from MS (how Edward developed it to be unbearably sweet, but then ending at a really sad/hovering note, because at the time Edward couldn't see a way of resolving his love for Bella)? Interesting to think about.

I love Linkin Park too...their Hybrid Theory CD got me through middle school! So their song is great, and I was so happy when I found out they were one of the bands that inspired SM, because they inspire me too!
~The future's bright, but she is brighter~ Alice's song!!

~And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways~ Midgnight sun
LindsOuimet
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by LindsOuimet »

Does anyone else think that the Linkin Park song would be more suited for New Moon? Or am I all alone?

Private Magdalena Devries in Jasper's Army
Bulldozer Operator @ EDC, Inc.
Randomness Bum!
Owner and Operator of Calming Coves Bed & Breakfast - Jasper says Relax!
Ambrosia
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Ambrosia »

I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else noticed this...

Rob's song in the movie and on the soundtrack are different I think. In the movie, while he is sucking out the venom, the song gets a bit louder and more poinient... I don't know how to describe it... but no matter how many times I listen to it on the soundtrack that same portion of the song isn't there. Am I crazy?
Wrecking Ball Trainee of the EDC, Inc.
Emmet loves blondes!
Randomness Regular
LindsOuimet
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by LindsOuimet »

Ambrosia wrote:I don't know if it's just me or if anyone else noticed this...

Rob's song in the movie and on the soundtrack are different I think. In the movie, while he is sucking out the venom, the song gets a bit louder and more poinient... I don't know how to describe it... but no matter how many times I listen to it on the soundtrack that same portion of the song isn't there. Am I crazy?
It's a different song. He has two that are in the movie, but only "Never Think" is on the soundtrack. (I think you can get the other one on the ITunes version of the soundtrack, though.) The second one is called "I Was Broken". It's a beautiful song.

Randomness Bum!
amie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amie »

The second is actually called "Let Me Sign" and is on the iTunes version of the soundtrack.

His song "Never Think" is the one playing in the restaurant after the attempted rape.
LindsOuimet
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by LindsOuimet »

amie wrote:The second is actually called "Let Me Sign" and is on the iTunes version of the soundtrack.

His song "Never Think" is the one playing in the restaurant after the attempted rape.
Oops! Got the name of it wrong in my last post, I guess. I was just going by what it's listed under on the Myspace for Bobby Dupea. (Rob's name he goes under for his music.)

Randomness Bum!
chichichobits
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by chichichobits »

^I see someone else has been listening to Rob's music :lol: I heard a lot of songs. As far as the album I'm not even into rock like that but it's really good. Everytime I go walking I listen to " Supermassive Black Hole" it gets me hyped and so badass. I like Paramore's Song " Decode ". I like the prom song " Flightless Bird ' because it's innocent, romantic, and it kind of reminds of like the 50's ---I wasn't born yet but you know honeymoon type of stuff. " Eyes on Fire" is really haunting and it makes you feel like something is about to happen I think it comes on when Bella's contemplating the whereabouts of Edward or right when she wants to confront him about his attitude. " Spotlight" is just a cool song to listen to and how appropriate to have it when Bella & Edward come out as a couple--rebellious. I love both versions of Bella's Lullaby. At first I only listened to Yurima's version because it sounded more like a lullaby to me but then I started liking the movie version. I felt like it matched more with the book because it's suppose to sound sad and depressing. It kind of reminded me of their relationship, and how Bella is kind of rough around the edges. Okay now back to Robert :lol: I didn't even know it was him singing the songs in the movie. I remember the scene near the end where Edward is cleansing Bella's blood from the vampire's venom, and the song that plays during the segment I was like who is that. It sounded so soulful and full of emotion. I go look at the track listing and it's Robert---the face does not match the voice lol. I was like no way let me go on youtube or google it. He sounds kind of bluesy and I really thought it was a 300lb black guy or something seriously it still didn't compute. Since I was on youtube I looked up other songs he did including my favorites " Never Think, I'll Be Your Lover Too, Stray Dog, and I Was Broken--love it so much". I'm happy about the movie and that the soundtrack is kicking butt.
Official Robnapper Explosions Analyst ( Because Rob makes me go bang ! )
twilighter1193
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilighter1193 »

i really want to listen to all of Rob's "Let Me Sign". I'm going to get it tomorrow! :D It sounds really pretty on the iTunes 30 sec demo :)
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
amandaxcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amandaxcullen »

Does anybody else think that La Traviata shouldn't have been on the soundtrack and 15 Step should be? Like La Traviata didn't even have any significance or any big role in the movie, 15 Step was the song at the verry end when Victoria was walking down the stairs from watching Bella and Edward dance, I wish that song would've been on the soundtrack.
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.