Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightnewbie
Wandering Through Town

Re: Non Book-based Scenes

Post by twilightnewbie »

slightlyobsessed wrote:I apologize if someone has mentioned this already, but I was really bothered by the fact that Bella bought a book of Quileute legends where she learned of the term "cold ones."

I mean, if Jacob was forbidden to tell her about their existence, who would think it was okay to put it in a book?

OR, was Jake permitted to talk about vampires in general, but not allowed to share the story of the Cullens?

In any case, I'm not sure I buy the idea of the book as a source for Bella's epiphany.

I really think it could have stayed the same as in the book without any difficulty.
I think you answered it in your OR question. The book is about the legends in general, Jake's knowledge was of a reality exposing the Cullen's directly.
Her blood entices
Out of dangerous desire
A thirsting for love
cullens_love
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cullens_love »

I love the car washing scene too.

Did you realize he`s saying "you don`t know how long I have waite for you" twice? The first time in the meadow scene and then again at the prom.
YOU ARE MY LIFE NOW
Babygirl67
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Babygirl67 »

the kiss scene was amazing
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but what was with the part where Bella, Jessica and Angela were talking about Angelas 'feature' and Bella mentioned 'speedo padding on the swim team' as an article..
>:(

And the fact that lauren wasnt even IN the movie.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
daniel.cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by daniel.cullen »

jlbower79 wrote:^ no no the craziness accent part was when he was telling her he was taking her to meet his folks the next day, during the car wash scene

"so you're more worried about what they'll think about you then the fact you'll be in a house full of vampires"

^ not exact line but close enough.. when he says the word "worried" it's like AWWWwwww so british and funny.

I totally agree with this... That was the one spot that his accent really, REALLY annoyed me!!
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

at first I wasn't too sure about the field trip/greenhouse scene. But when I thought about it I liked it better because there it really shows the maturity difference between Bella and her classmates. Eric has a worm on a stick and shows it to Bella and is like look Bella it's a worm! and he laughs and all the other classmates are into it and Bella is just kind of like whatever.

I also loved when she was washing her car and Edward appears out of nowhere and jumps on her truck and takes out the dents. that was so cool to me to show his strength.

I was a little upset they always had Bella & Charlie eating dinner in the diner though instead of her cooking for him at home. that was a big part of her character, taking care of Charlie, not always eating out.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
love_is_noise
Drag Racing With Alice and Edward

Post by love_is_noise »

someone will have probablyallready sadi this but it annoyed me how jake sai the cullens were supposed to be desended from the cold oes...i was like WTF?!!! theyARE the cold ones!!!!!!

i loved mike's ike
how you likin the rain girl!!!

i didn't think mike was annoying enough in the film...he was actually quite cool!
same goes for all her friends they were so much fun!

oh and i totally agree with the diner thing^ i was like NONONO BELLA COOKS !!!
Jasper's Army:Captain RuneheartThe Plan:Supreme LeaderTeam Rose
Volturi::Anastasia Team Leah::Therapist Team Esme::Interior Designer
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

In one of the deleted scenes Bella tells Charlie that they don't have to eat out all of the time because she knows how to cook, and then there's a small joke about Renee's inability to cook.
I think that part was left out because they wanted to portray Bella as a strong female character, and (I know everyone will hate me for saying this) I'm pretty sure CH and MR thought having Bella cooking in the kitchen all of the time would be sexist... and I'm sort of glad they kept that part out, but mentioned it slightly. :D
"and the boy loved the tree"
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

Dammit, who cares if it's sexist or not. I hate it when people like, devour into things so much, and like nitpick at everything or like, comment on how everythings not politically correct and what not. I just wish we could have the story the way it was written, without having to deal with how stuff is sexist.. If ya get me.
Stick to the bloody book i say!

:lol:
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
spicey16
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by spicey16 »

daniel.cullen wrote:
jlbower79 wrote:^ no no the craziness accent part was when he was telling her he was taking her to meet his folks the next day, during the car wash scene

"so you're more worried about what they'll think about you then the fact you'll be in a house full of vampires"

^ not exact line but close enough.. when he says the word "worried" it's like AWWWwwww so british and funny.

I totally agree with this... That was the one spot that his accent really, REALLY annoyed me!!
the absolute worst is when he says hello for the first time in the classroom.. i get it he's trying no to breathe and all but i literally froze the first time i heard it.. rewound.. hear it again and laughed for like 30 mins i mean ROTFL lol its awful!!!!