Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Re: Movie Merchandising

Post by mandustries »

That Edward shirt is great. I like it better than the one Border's has.

Does it bother anyone else that the lettering on the backs most of the Hot Topic stuff is so large? I get that they're making it easy to read, and they've got some great quotes, but it's huge! :|
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

It is huge. I almost feel like they had no control over the font. :lol: I still love the shirts but, come on! It is ridiculous!
twilighter1193
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilighter1193 »

mandustries wrote:That Edward shirt is great. I like it better than the one Border's has.

Does it bother anyone else that the lettering on the backs most of the Hot Topic stuff is so large? I get that they're making it easy to read, and they've got some great quotes, but it's huge! :|
You know it's weird because i think really only two of those HT shirts have the really big font... all the other ones i have seen are kinda small with an average font... it's kinda boring to me...
i don't know i guess i just like the bigger font with the curly letters... :P
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
TheVampwolf
Settled in Forks

Post by TheVampwolf »

I got a Twilight shirt at HotTopic. It has all the Cullen Kids on it. ^_^

I would like the Hoodie, BUT 44 DOLLARS? PUH-LEEZE. xD

I'll save my money and when they release some Twilight jewlery and tote bags, I'll make my move. (:<
Oh yes, Thats James right dar. (:
dazzledbyedward
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzledbyedward »

I LOVE the new Edward shirt at Hot Topic, I think it's soo gorgeous. But I have to admit that I'm disappointed with the hoodie. I'm not particularly a fan of Hot Topic clothing, and I dislike that I see hints of their (what do you call it-- emo? punk, goth?) style in their Twilight clothing already. (I can especially see it in the hoodie and the Team Jacob shirt, although I may give in and buy the hoodie anyway lol.) But it's just something that bothers me.
Why couldn't they just sell their merchandise online like everybody else? Or in a normal store that doesn't just appeal to a quarter of the teen population of America? Or any store that doesn't reinforce the gothic reputation that Twilight seems to be developing...
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

dazzledbyedward wrote:I LOVE the new Edward shirt at Hot Topic, I think it's soo gorgeous. But I have to admit that I'm disappointed with the hoodie. I'm not particularly a fan of Hot Topic clothing, and I dislike that I see hints of their (what do you call it-- emo? punk, goth?) style in their Twilight clothing already. (I can especially see it in the hoodie and the Team Jacob shirt, although I may give in and buy the hoodie anyway lol.) But it's just something that bothers me.
Why couldn't they just sell their merchandise online like everybody else? Or in a normal store that doesn't just appeal to a quarter of the teen population of America? Or any store that doesn't reinforce the gothic reputation that Twilight seems to be developing...
I don't mind the powers that be selling merch through Hot Topic, because the store's got such great merch for other movies like HP and Star Wars. I know it's very "mainstream-trying-to-be-punk" but I still shop there (and I'm 24 and not at all punk, more nerd-hipster ;)). I'm just worried like you dazzled that it's all going to be a bit too goth. Everything's black so far ... at least they could try to venture into the grey or blue category. :)

It seems like they're releasing new stuff almost on a daily basis, so fingers crossed someone on the merch design team's pushing for some color.

ETA: Does it look to anyone else that the new Edward shirt is very Sin City-ish? I feel like he could be in the graphic novels. :lol:
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
knikki
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by knikki »

I'd probably buy a poster to put in my office at home, as well as a calendar for work (I have a "day to day" calendar right now and I love it!). I personally wouldn't buy anything else I don't think, maybe a "Team Edward" t-shirt :P
-Kristin
"..So the lion fell in love with the lamb.."
Image Image
Dazzled <3
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled <3 »

I'm so glad I read this because I had no idea there was a calendar! I went to Borders yesterday and the lady told me as soon as they put them out they are gone. So i bought it on the website and paid the extra 15 for 2nd day shipping instead of a week. Almost a $30 calendar, but so worth it when you get to look at the cast pics for a whole year! :D

I have been looking everywhere but haven't seen any bookmarks in stores yet, hopefully they will make some in the future...it seems obvious since the twilight series are BOOKS. lol
..:: Lauren ::..

Why am I covered in feathers?
I bit a pillow. Or two.
Dazzled <3
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled <3 »

im sorry to double post, but i dont know how to edit my other one yet, im still a little new. but i read somewhere that there was going to be some dvd about twilight or something coming out in december at blockbuster.....does anyone know what that is?? thanks
..:: Lauren ::..

Why am I covered in feathers?
I bit a pillow. Or two.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

I own the buttons, cut outs, magaize from EW....it's framed! as well as the stickers and what not. I want the shirt though. i'd wear it under all my clothes..so i didn't look like a weirdo wearing it every day. loll

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett