Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Movie Merchandising

Post by Pel »

What do you expect to see come out of the merchandising arm of the movie. And what do you WANT to see for sale?

If Summit made those trading cards featured in the behind the scenes promo available, would you buy them?

T-shirts?
Posters?
Cut outs?
Jewlery?
Calendars

What are your thoughts? Do you own any of them? What you you think?
Monica
Settled in Forks

Re: Movie Merchandising

Post by Monica »

I own a movie poster, the twilight shirt, and I'm hoping to buy the calender. I really would buy anything twilight movie related. Cards and everything, even if I'd do nothing but stare at them. The franchise would be pretty amazing.
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Monica wrote:I own a movie poster, the twilight shirt, and I'm hoping to buy the calender. I really would buy anything twilight movie related. Cards and everything, even if I'd do nothing but stare at them. The franchise would be pretty amazing.

Same here. I plan on getting the calendar eventually. I kind of want to wait until after Christmas and New Years because that's when they usually go on sale. But since I am basically obsessed with Twilight, I will probably end up getting it sooner. I would really like shirt though.
aurelia
Settled in Forks

Post by aurelia »

I LOVE the calendar! (btw it actually starts from September this year (sept-dec 2008 are on the one page)
I also have the first Hot topic shirt :) can't wait for more stuff from Borders :D
Live. Love. Dazzle.
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

I have the movie calendar. I'm hoping to get the cast t-shirt from Hot Topic, though.

Call me dorky, but I really want socks. I seriously love socks and I would be so happy if I had a pair of Cullen family socks or something.
twilighter1193
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilighter1193 »

I have the calendar and the t-shirt from Hot Topic! And i REALLY want an Edward shirt from Borders but i haven't been to Borders since the mid-night release party! so i don't even know if they still have them!! :shock: But i agree! i would totally by anything twilight related and just stare at it! that's what i am doing until September with the calendar until i put it up!

(Wow i have a lot of exclamations in there) :P
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
Violi
Wandering Through Town

Post by Violi »

now this sucks, cos i live in the UK there is like NO merch anywhere from what i have seen, i ordered myself the calendar from america lol so i should be getting that eventually,
i did have a Bella charm bracelet from ebay but i lost it :( it fell off my wrist so someone is probably walking around with my bracelet not appreciating what it means. i did order myself a new one though but it still hasnt turned up :(
i have customised a few t-shirts myself lol
i really hate that it isnt really represented over here i mean i would LOVE to have official merch but i cant, i cant even find a poster over here :( although when the film eventually comes out over here we should hopefully get some and then i will buy loads lol and have a huge twilight poster in the living room on the main wall lol.
i am keeping my eye out for them though,
hehe i love the idea of socks or jammies :D that would be cool,
hmm or jackets, i know there are a few hoodies on some websites lol, depending on how much things are i will do a currency converter and maybe buy somethings from the states if its not going to be loads (i dont get paid very much lol)
bored on photoshop @5am after no sleep
pixiealice
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by pixiealice »

Have the shirt, want the calendar, ordering a travel mug from cafepress.com...so I'd really like a tote bag now. Maybe a lightweight sweatshirt...
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

I really hope they do the Noble Collection route. I have the shirts and stuff like that but I am more of a serious collector when it comes to stuff like this. I like the specialty, high-end kind of stuff and I really hope they make some of that. I would love replicas of the Cullen Crests, for example. Like I've said before, there aren't a lot of "things" in this book like there are for, say, HP - wands, swords, brooms, etc. But I hope they come up with a few things.
gimpat01
Settled in Forks

Post by gimpat01 »

I have a barnes and noble gift card and some of the godiva chocolate with the twilight cover on it. I also have the calendar and my best guy friend surprised me at work with the ALA Twilight READ poster. Totally made my night. He's so my Jacob.

I'd like one of the wrist cuffs with the cullen crest on it. And maybe a school planner but other than that, I'm probably gonna get much other stuff. Oh and stationary would be nice.
"my oh my how my blood boils
its sweetest for you
it strips me down bare
and gets me into my favourite mood"
Adele - "Crazy for You"

Yes my avatar is a cake I made. Feel free to pm me questions about it...