Movie Merchandising

Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Conzoni al vento

Re: Movie Merchandising

Post by Conzoni al vento »

I think the shirts they are making for Hot Topic are kinda wierd..
Not to be wierd but why do they all have to be black?
I already have a black "Bite me" shirt, it's a tad redundant, no?

Plus i would have totally bought the Edward cullen one if Rob's face wasn't on it.
twilighter1193
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilighter1193 »

Conzoni al vento wrote:I think the shirts they are making for Hot Topic are kinda wierd..
Not to be wierd but why do they all have to be black?
I already have a black "Bite me" shirt, it's a tad redundant, no?

Plus i would have totally bought the Edward cullen one if Rob's face wasn't on it.
Yeah i was wondering that same thing... why have them all be black?? Why not green or brown or blue...? i don't know maybe it's just a hot topic thing??
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

I think, to go in line with the whole "dark, sensual vampire" thing, they found black as their best option. And I agree, the only other colors that I would choose would be red or blue (the whole "fire and ice" spiel) but I think they're trying to keep it as dark and/or Forks dreary as possible. I could be wrong though.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

WishIWasACullen wrote:I think, to go in line with the whole "dark, sensual vampire" thing, they found black as their best option. And I agree, the only other colors that I would choose would be red or blue (the whole "fire and ice" spiel) but I think they're trying to keep it as dark and/or Forks dreary as possible. I could be wrong though.

I would say that your answer is pretty spot on..

Its not just because it's Hot Topic..They sell a lot of multi-colored items as well. There aren't many colors that go with essence of "vampire"..Maybe blood red or deep royal blue...other than that, it is pretty limited to black.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

i waiting to see the doll of edward [robert] haha. the one that hes supposedly more excited about than the posters. :P :roll:
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
coochariffic87
Settled in Forks

Post by coochariffic87 »

I bought the men's t-shirt from Hot topic that says "If you can live forever, what do you live for" on the front, and twilight on the back. The one they had for women at my store was of the movie poster, and it just looked creepy when i tried it on. Plus, I usually wear a medium and that was too tight, so I figured that a large would still be kind of tight and I didn't want to feel too suffocated. I want the first shirt they released though, the one with Twilight on the front, and "the forbidden fruit is the sweetest," (or something like that) on the back. I bidded on one on Ebay, but lost the bid.

I want the calendar, and I'll get that soon hopefully. I'd like a poster too, but I keep looking and they want like 20 bucks at some places for it, and i'm not paying that much for it. I'd like it, but 20 dollars could get me another t-shirt.
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

I still need to get all my Twilight merchandise.
I haven't even bought one single thing yet!
I'm so disappointed with myself.
What if they are out of sale by the time I go and buy my stuff?!
I need to order them online, but my mom might not let me.
grrrrrrrrrrrrr.......
Rob in my room. *dies*
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
Rosanesmee
Wandering Through Town

Post by Rosanesmee »

It is so annoying, living in Australia, I can't find anything. I mean there are a couple of movie posters here and there but not much else. I'm definitely going to buy a shirt from hot topic off the net. At least before the movie comes out. They should sell twilight contacts in red, black and gold. I would so buy some just so I could be like "Hey, everyone! Look, look at me! I'm a vampire!" I think I shall go Twilight merchandise hunting.
Once you go Black, you never go back! <3 Jacob
YourFavoriteAries
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

At this point, I'm probably going to make my own stuff.

I don't want any Bella, Edward, or Jacob only stuff. I like the full cast shirt, but I don't know I'd have to see how well it fits me.

I think there may be some James stuff coming soon since there is a James computer wallpaper on the movie site....I'll THINK about that.

I really hope they expand to all the Cullens though. Even if it's by couples, I'd buy and Alice/Jasper shirt in a heartbeat (no pun intended) obviously...
:lol:
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet
Kelsey Jay
Settled in Forks

Post by Kelsey Jay »

I've been making my own shirts with a couple of my friends :D IT's excellent, that way you can personalise it yourself. I did find badges at uni last week... totally bought all of them!!! I think they should make giant cardboard cuttouts, either I can steal or buy :lol:
Thanks to parasolparodies at LJ for the signature
"You're wrong you know, you are worth it."