Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
SM Wears EC PJs
Settled in Forks

Re: Lines from the book you want in the movie

Post by SM Wears EC PJs »

The lion/lamb one for sure.
The scene right before the field where he kisses her.
The stupid shiny volvo owner comment.

those are a must and if they arent there I will be so upset. But really they should just have used 99% of the wording from the book
Breathe Bella
Settled in Forks

Post by Breathe Bella »

I'm really curious to see how much of Midnight Sun Edward we get to see. I mean both Robert and Stephenie have mentioned how she gave him what she had already written so that he could really capture Edward's essence and so much of it is so vital to the way twilight played out - we just didn't know it because we got it all from Bella's POV. The movie isn't from that perspective though so...

Her existance alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world. ~ Midnight Sun
AlternateReality
Settled in Forks

Post by AlternateReality »

Well, you guys said all of the really good ones, so I had to search for some more.

I really want the part where he asks her what her favorite gemstone is and she said topaz because it was the color of Edward's eyes. And the part where he goes to kiss her and the monitor speeds up and stops, and then she say's "I wasn't done kissing you yet. Don't make me come over there" when she's in the hospital.

And there's SO much more I could say, but it would take a long time.
But they must have Jacob's sarcasm and Edward's....well, Edward's charm...and fancy words...and how he gets all angry...and...he just has to be perfect. :)
the.slayer
Wandering Through Town

Post by the.slayer »

xMoonlightxTragedyx wrote:
twilighter1193 wrote:
xMoonlightxTragedyx wrote:I know she dont say it out loud but "Stupid Shiny Volvo Owner" Fo Sure. ;)
that would be great!! all the twilighters in the audience'll be laughing and everyone else will be like "what's so funny??" hehe :P
Yeah.. if they don't put it in I'll say it anyway. :D
OMG! i would laugh so loud in the cinema if that was in the movie!! :D :D

i would also love the line where mike says "Did you stab Edward Cullen with a pencil or something?"

Edward Cullen is staring at you...
- Jessica Stanley Twilight

Wanna be a vampire??
Miss Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Miss Cullen »

I think all the main quotes that should be in the movie have been covered. I also would like to see the bit where Edward has just rescued Bella from the thugs in the street and they are in his car and he goes 'Distract me' so he doesnt go back and kill those guys cause he feels so protective of Bella. I love that part!
strawberry
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by strawberry »

I really hope that they put the lines

-"Ditching is healthy" and
-"I thought Newton was dragging your dead body off to bury it in the woods"

in the movie.

I don´t know why, but I really love this conversation Edward and Bella have after she fainted in biology.
Stacia
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Stacia »

This isn't really a line, its more like a scene but whatever...a girl can wish, right? It's on page 293 and 294 when Edward admits to Bella that he watches her sleep. I LOVE IT! It makes me giggle, like I'm a love-struck little girl...lol...Bella says, "How often did you come here"
Edward - "I come here almost every night"
"Why?"
"You're interesting when you sleep. He spoke matter-of-factly. "You talk."
Then Bella get's all upset and embarrassed and Edward says, "Are you very angry with me?"
Bella - "That depends!"
He waited. "On?" He urged.
"What you heard!" Bella wailed.
Instantly, silently, he was at my side, taking my hands carefully in his.
"Don't be upset!" he pleaded.
La la...and then he tells her that she says his name...a lot! :D I just LOVE that scene!

Then on page 345 & 346...when they are in Edward's bedroom and Bella tells him that she doesn't find Edward very scary. Then Edward says "You really shouldn't have said that." (Sigh. And we KNOW this is in the movie, cause Rob says it perfectly with that crooked smile...) and then Edward knocks himself and Bella into the couch. Alice knocks on the door with Jasper and Bella is in Edward's lap on the couch and Alice says, "It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share." I LOVE that scene. Edward loves that Alice loves Bella, Jasper is a bit uncomfortable with the situation, Bella loves Edward...it's a stinking revolving door of love and I love it! (Sorry, I know that was corny but I've got a lot of caffeine in my system!)
twilighter1193
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilighter1193 »

Stacia wrote:This isn't really a line, its more like a scene but whatever...a girl can wish, right? It's on page 293 and 294 when Edward admits to Bella that he watches her sleep. I LOVE IT! It makes me giggle, like I'm a love-struck little girl...lol...Bella says, "How often did you come here"
Edward - "I come here almost every night"
"Why?"
"You're interesting when you sleep. He spoke matter-of-factly. "You talk."
Then Bella get's all upset and embarrassed and Edward says, "Are you very angry with me?"
Bella - "That depends!"
He waited. "On?" He urged.
"What you heard!" Bella wailed.
Instantly, silently, he was at my side, taking my hands carefully in his.
"Don't be upset!" he pleaded.
La la...and then he tells her that she says his name...a lot! :D I just LOVE that scene!

Then on page 345 & 346...when they are in Edward's bedroom and Bella tells him that she doesn't find Edward very scary. Then Edward says "You really shouldn't have said that." (Sigh. And we KNOW this is in the movie, cause Rob says it perfectly with that crooked smile...) and then Edward knocks himself and Bella into the couch. Alice knocks on the door with Jasper and Bella is in Edward's lap on the couch and Alice says, "It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share." I LOVE that scene. Edward loves that Alice loves Bella, Jasper is a bit uncomfortable with the situation, Bella loves Edward...it's a stinking revolving door of love and I love it! (Sorry, I know that was corny but I've got a lot of caffeine in my system!)
Oh that's great! "a stinking revolving door of love" not just a "revolving door" but a "stinking revolving door"! haha! I laugh! :P I have to agree though i love that scene when Alice comes in!... but i don't think it's gonna go that way in the movie... :(
i LOVE twilight <3;
I have MAJOR O.C.D.!!!(obsessive Cullen disorder)

Team Edward: Bringing sexy back since 1901
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Breathe Bella wrote:I'm really curious to see how much of Midnight Sun Edward we get to see. I mean both Robert and Stephenie have mentioned how she gave him what she had already written so that he could really capture Edward's essence and so much of it is so vital to the way twilight played out - we just didn't know it because we got it all from Bella's POV. The movie isn't from that perspective though so...

I was thinking the same thing! From the moment i found out about Midnight Sun i couldn't help but wonder how much of Midnight Sun will be leaked into there. I mean SM did help out with alot of the film- she wanted it to be perfect, so don't you think she'd add some stuff from Edward in there? I don't know- i have my doubts since at the time of filming only 4 people had seen the script...not only that but she wasn't *and still isn't* even halfway done with the book....*sigh* i just really hope we get alot from Edward's story in there. I definitely think it would have alot of action and much needed info to get people's heads spinning! I have real doubts that anything from Midnight sun will be in there...but then again it's not from Bella's POV and we've already seen a bunch of scenes that Bella missed (the ballet scene, Emmett talking to Edward in the trailer) so i've got my fingers crossed for peeks at midnight sun! :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

Hoping for a Lion wrote:Of course the lion and the lamb. How can they not put that in? I'll die!

Oh, and, I just wanted to see if anyone thought the same thing... I really don't like the line from the Penelope sneak peek when Edward says something like, "I had an adrenaline rush. It's very common. You can Google it." The Google part just didn't seem like something Edward would say. It bothered me a lot. ;)
I didn't like the Google part, either. It is very un-Edward-y.

P.S. I just watched your banner thing and OME, that's hilarious!!!
I also love "I'll read Midnight Sun when Stephenie wants me to." Do you mind if I steal that? If not, I'll just stare in adoration, :lol:
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3