Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Special Effects

Post by twilight813 »

spookybell wrote:The cheesy running was easier to overlook the second time and it was a little less cheesy.

The glitter could have been better, but the second time I was less dissapointed.

There were so few special effects that it was kinda nice. We are not dealing with Star Wars here...
Im seeing again on Wednesday and I hope its better the second time around. :)
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
JMer711
Settled in Forks

Post by JMer711 »

twilight1909 wrote:Very embarrassed by the special effects. I understand they had a low budget...but wow.
I do agree that the baseball scene was done well.
Completely agree. The running looked silly -- they should have just done the same thing they did when he ran to the other side of the car to open Bella's door for every running scene. Otherwise it looked like a puppet or something. And the sparkling scene was weird the first time, but better the second time (though that second time, the scene was weird -- like a photo shoot or something... they were just lying there staring at each other). My sister laughed and said it looked like he was sweating... sweating diamonds. :lol:
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

spookybell wrote:The cheesy running was easier to overlook the second time and it was a little less cheesy. The glitter could have been better, but the second time I was less dissapointed. There were so few special effects that it was kinda nice. We are not dealing with Star Wars here...
Of course not, but this is 2008 and people are used to special effects that blow Twilight out of the water. This movie took me back to the old film days. The worst effects were when Victoria pulled the boat to her, Edward fast-forwarded back into the wall after the kiss scene (I busted out laughing, as did most of the theater, and it completely ruined it), and the running/"flying"/climbing trees. I really could have done without those.

Like you said, I'm hoping that seeing it a second time will make it a better experience (and less disappointing).

JMer711 - ha my friends said the sparkling looked like sweat too. I thought it was okay, but the whole meadow scene was butchered in my opinion.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

i was so far from impressed by the special effects. Hopefully they will be given a better budget for New Moon.

although i am glad to say the green screen wasn't overly done as in some movies (indiana Jones). I liked the sparkling, it was less then i had expected.. i think the whole meadow was SOOO cheesey... just staring and laying there next to each other while the camera spins.... but i did like the sparkling.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
Pekoe
Settled in Forks

Post by Pekoe »

I'm suprised nobody noticed... when his skin hit the sun, there was a SPARKLING, TWINKLING wind chime sound! It was absolutely terrible!

The blurriness was kind of bad looking.
Blessed Death
Settled in Forks

Post by Blessed Death »

I was let down by the special effects as well. There are tons of programs for editing special effects and many well known techniques that can be used. I regret they did not have a larger budget. I was also let down by the anticlimatic scene where Alice very humanly jumps on James to kill him, who seemed to be easily defeated and restrained.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Agree to all of the above.
OMG :lol: I forgot about the wind chimes during the sparkling scene. That was so lame!
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Yeah, special effects not so much. :?
But honestly, I'm not one of those people who go to see movies because of special effects. It's just eh, whatever to me in Harry Potter when they do crazy magic stuff and in Star Wars when they fly and stuff. So it didn't bother me except for the sparkling. WHERE WERE THE SPARKLES?? I would not even notice a vampire if that were their sparkles.
Baseball scene was great though!!! I absolutely adored it!!
Hopefully NM will get better special effects.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Totally looked like he was sweating. Haha. Some parts were better than others. The nice thing is that the sparkling really isn't a big part of the rest of the movies. :)

Everything looked way better upon second viewing... I really like that they didn't green screen everything, it makes it look actually possible, as far as the way peoples' bodies move, etc.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
stupidxlambx
Settled in Forks

Post by stupidxlambx »

yeah the sparkling was kind of weird. the sound pissed me off.
and im still upset about the meadow scene.

but yeah. the baseball scene was awesome. LOVED IT.