Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
danobanano
Putting the Fun in Fun Fur

Re: Special Effects

Post by danobanano »

Has anyone read the official illustrated movie companion? They talk about the differences between two camera speeds recording the same motion and also using cables. I thought the baseball scene was super. When they ran then they used the two different camera speeds and the fast movement felt completely natural and realistic.

Yea the sparkling skin thing was a little hard to take. And I can understand why Edward would think his skin would be the skin of a monster, you'd feel like a monster too if music twinkled in the background and your face looked like a shiny fuzzy peach whenever you stepped into the sun. I was imagining something a little more translucent that the sparkling comes from WITHIN not ON TOP. (and maybe, now I'm just saying maybe, Rob should have been waxed...a little hard to watch sparkles when you are looking at chest hair), but hey I'm not the special effects director, nor do I have even the tiniest notion of how to pull that kind of technology out of the air. Hopefully with a little more money the special effects in New Moon will match our expectations. Edward is going to have to sparkle in Italy now isn't he?

The problem I see with us fan not being completely satisfied is that they will fix the vampire sparkly skin thing, and then mess up on the Werewolf phasing part. Learning curves are always so tough in the beginning.

And yes the second time around the special effects are actually quite impressive. I think the first time you watch the movie are still waiting to see the big screen reflect how you see it in your head and it never compares. The second time around you see the special effects like in any other movie and it looks fine.
It's all about expectations baby
Help Save Forks High School
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I actually don't think they'll get very into the sparkling in New Moon... I mean... Bella stops him before he actually really gets in the sun, right? :)

Also, awesome to see a mod posting around here. We're so thankful for all your work! :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

all i can say to that ^ is DITTO and some laughing... at the music twinkled.

Or as i call it "the dingling effect" so annoying!

i thought the running in the woods was awful, their feet weren't even on the ground! They should had just had them run normal and them sped up the camera speed.
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Okay, yes the running was pure cheese, but only the first part when we see Edward running for the first time.
After that I really enjoyed it. The Sparking was sooooooooooo much better than I expected.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

LOL - Rob probably looked like he was sweating because he was. He's a sweatty guy! The sparkel sound didn't bother me.

Second viewing seems to make every think a liitle better.

Danabananno said:
Has anyone read the official illustrated movie companion? They talk about the differences between two camera speeds recording the same motion and also using cables. I thought the baseball scene was super. When they ran then they used the two different camera speeds and the fast movement felt completely natural and realistic.

Yes. I read it. I would have liked to see more of the dual camera scenes. I think they could have fixxed the cheesy running with their rig up of the 2 cameras recording at different speed.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I wonder if CH reads these posts. It would be nice for her to take some info from us. I feel like someone didnt tell her that her special effects werent up to Par. I did notice as well that the whole movie was somewhat Blurry like they forgot to put it into High Def!
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
CullenxLove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: frolicing through the unicorn forest that is RPattz's hair

Post by CullenxLove »

to me robs sparkling looked like he was sweating horribly, and the flying and running effects were so lame, and obvious...the baseball scene was pretty sweet though :D

Team Edward, Emmett, Alice, Jacob, Garrett, Jasper, Seth, Bella, Charlie, and Renesmee<3
"And by the way I adore you..in frightening, dangerous ways" - Edward Cullen, Midnight Sun
foreveredward16
Wandering Through Town

Post by foreveredward16 »

I dont really know what the expectation were for this movie!
But come on! Its Twilight. In order to make these characters do some of the things they do.... especially their running.... it has to look akward and different..... and cheesy. haha I loved it!!

The thing was, the running had to look the way it looked in some scenes. They are supposed to look like they don't even touch the gound. In the later books, Edward and Carlisle for example have a full, normal conversation while "running".... if they are just a blur how can they show the ease it takes to run and have full conversations and stuff. Its also supposed to look simple... Edward see's it in slow motion so he can easily guide himself without hitting trees. Okay.... the Cheese was there.... but its supposed to be that way.... and if Steph Meyer is happy. I'm happy! haha
You are my life now!
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

foreveredward16 wrote:Okay.... the Cheese was there.... but its supposed to be that way....
I'm sorry girl, but that is so wrong. Twilight is NOT supposed to be cheesy!!
The book Twilight has comedic moments, but the movie Twilight turns into a total comedy for me. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a suspenseful drama/romance.
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Somebody said something about a sparkling sound, I loved it! I didn't actually notice it first, but now that you say it. . . . . yes that added everything, it would be WAY boring if it was silent.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage