Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Re: Special Effects

Post by pennybug84 »

this isn't really a special effect, but I didn't know where else to post. Did anyone else notice how much more pale/white Carlisle looked compared to the other Cullens? :shock: I thought it looked really bad!
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

haha I'd say this is the thread for that, and I definitely noticed. There was way more pasty foundation on him. It just looked bad on the close-ups. I understand they want the vampires to be more white than your average pale, but if you don't have the special effects to make it look natural then just leave it. :?
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
klili2
Wandering Through Town

Post by klili2 »

pennybug84 wrote:this isn't really a special effect, but I didn't know where else to post. Did anyone else notice how much more pale/white Carlisle looked compared to the other Cullens? :shock: I thought it looked really bad!

I did notice, so did my husband. He looked odd in comparison. Like they tried too hard. And Peter is such a hottie but definetely a brunette!!

klili
Thanks emaleth!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I think they must have shot something with him in it while they were still testing the make up and then had to stick with it. Or something. OR maybe it's the blonde hair makes him look even paler...? I dunno... but agreed, he was, like, mime-face white. Ha. :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
freeml
Wandering Through Town

Post by freeml »

Along the lines of the paleness discussion...haha...I thought there were multiple times when Bella/Kristen was looking way paler than the Cullens, which made it so they didn't stand out as much. I know Bella is supposed to look pale, but she is also supposed to have a nice rosy glow to her cheeks (doesn't Stephenie describe her as having peaches & cream skin?). But I did notice that, of the Cullens, Carlisle looked the palest.

A lot of people commented that the make-up looked caked on...I only saw the movie once, so I didn't really notice, but did anyone else see that?
~The future's bright, but she is brighter~ Alice's song!!

~And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways~ Midgnight sun
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

I think Peter's makeup looked the worst when we first see him in the hospital. Maybe the lights were just unflattering but it definitely made his makeup way more noticeable than in the rest of the movie.
Image Image
NiCoLeeLoCin
Wandering Through Town

Post by NiCoLeeLoCin »

I know they said that they had a problem with the glitterthing but I think they could've done better. Cuz I have this lotion from Dove, and if I use too much of it I look just like a vampire in the sun :lol: because it isn't some ugly glittering stuff and it does only show in the sunlight :lol: :lol:

And I agree with all of you, I think Peter's makeup was the worst :|
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I'm pretty satisfied with the effects, because they seemed very realistic. The whole movie was very realistic, and the exaggerated effects would ruin the feeling. I actually loved the sparkling effect! Edward seemed like he was made of stone.
#1twi-guy
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by #1twi-guy »

Was I the only one who wasn't pleased with the effects when the vampires would move fast?
Like when the Nomads killed the guy on the boat, when they would move you'd see their outline like fading away.
I was like come on! Really? That's what they do in cartoons! Lol

Oh and about the Carlisle thing, yeah he was pretty white! It looked like a toothpaste commercial! :lol:

The original twi-guy.
While people obsess over Edward, I have a thing for Alice. Hehe
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

#1twi-guy wrote:Was I the only one who wasn't pleased with the effects when the vampires would move fast?
Like when the Nomads killed the guy on the boat, when they would move you'd see their outline like fading away.
I was like come on! Really? That's what they do in cartoons! Lol
Amen! And the "whooshing" sound that accompanied it was a bit over the top :roll: But oh well I loved it anyway :D
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!