Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Special Effects

Post by debussygirl »

For New Moon they should get the guys who do Harry Potter for the werewolves. They do a really good job on all of the animaguses (sp?)
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

that would be great... but really really expensive! we'll see... :)
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
freeml
Wandering Through Town

Post by freeml »

When Edward first stepped into the sunlight, I too thought he was just sweating after dragging ( :x ) Bella up the mountain/hill (and then I remembered that the vampires aren't supposed to sweat ;) ). So I was sitting there thinking: "Ok, he's really going to start SHINING here in a minute"...but then he didn't :( I thought he was supposed to be really reflective (for those of you who read the partial draft of MS, remember how he sees the glittering light reflecting off of Bella's face while she's sleeping in the backyard??). I don't know, I guess I expected it to look like those prisms people hang in their windows...rainbows gleaming all over the place...so yes, I was disappointed :cry:

I thought the effects in the baseball scene were pretty good, but the other running/climbing effects weren't that great.

All I really have to say is that Summit better be taking all the money they are/will be making off of Twilight and put it into the special effects for New Moon, because I swear, if they have guys dressing up in wolf costumes or something.... :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
~The future's bright, but she is brighter~ Alice's song!!

~And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways~ Midgnight sun
I_love_Bloodsuckers
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by I_love_Bloodsuckers »

freeml wrote:When Edward first stepped into the sunlight, I too thought he was just sweating after dragging ( :x ) Bella up the mountain/hill (and then I remembered that the vampires aren't supposed to sweat ;) ). So I was sitting there thinking: "Ok, he's really going to start SHINING here in a minute"...but then he didn't :( I thought he was supposed to be really reflective (for those of you who read the partial draft of MS, remember how he sees the glittering light reflecting off of Bella's face while she's sleeping in the backyard??). I don't know, I guess I expected it to look like those prisms people hang in their windows...rainbows gleaming all over the place...so yes, I was disappointed :cry:

I thought the effects in the baseball scene were pretty good, but the other running/climbing effects weren't that great.

All I really have to say is that Summit better be taking all the money they are/will be making off of Twilight and put it into the special effects for New Moon, because I swear, if they have guys dressing up in wolf costumes or something.... :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
^^Ditto. It looked more like Edward was sweating than anything else. I was very dissapointed with the glittering, but just that, the rest was great.
-Jen.n
Edward prefers BRUNETTES *Tee-hee*
"How the hell did Mike Newton end up in this conversation?" xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwvHTfza ... re=related
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

i didnt mind the glittering effect.. it was the damn dingling that drove me batty!
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

The glittering was better the second time. I would sooooo rather have them did the subtle thing they did than have him, like, blilnging out and blinding people everywhere. :)

Freaking dingle. Bwahahahaha.
E<3B
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

i think that glittering is going to be real hard to see on a small screen, i wonder if they'll notice that when they put it on dvd?
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

freeml wrote: All I really have to say is that Summit better be taking all the money they are/will be making off of Twilight and put it into the special effects for New Moon, because I swear, if they have guys dressing up in wolf costumes or something.... :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:
:lol: I can just imagine it now!!! And all the fans go on a rampage and tear down Summit!! :lol:
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Torches and pitchforks... :)

I'm sure they're gonna do an awesome job! :)
E<3B
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

They had real wolves running around in Twilight when Jake was telling the Quiluette legend.