Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Special Effects

Post by Pel »

Stephenie Meyer definitely puts a lot of description regarding the appearance, voices, even the walk of all her lovely vampire characters. And no doubt all of those details are going to be vital in making a good, believable movie. However, not all of those aspects are going to be easy to achieve [i.e. velvety voices, superbly graceful walks, flawless features]. For the movie, there's got to be a BIG difference between the vampires and the humans. For instance, the audience can't just look at the screen for all the 'hot people' and assume that they're supposed to be vampires.

So what are some of your opinions? Any ideas on what the director or producers of the potential Twilight movie could/should do to achieve the vampire perfection?
Nikkinik
Settled in Forks

Re: Special Effects

Post by Nikkinik »

So I was reading some interview with Robert Pattinson, and they said that they ARE going to make him sparkle (which makes me extremely happy) and he said they tried hundreds of different ways to accomplish this, one of which had something to do with flakes of salt. He said they've decided to now use CGI.

I'm worried! I hope it comes out looking real... but then again, what's so real about a sparkling vampire?
It's a webshow! About Twilight! Check r4t5.com for show times! www.ustream.tv/channel/nikkinik%21
xMoonlightxTragedyx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by xMoonlightxTragedyx »

HAHA well said.
I really do how that make it look cool and not...er... girly. Like if someone dumped glitter on him or something. That would not be cool. lol. Plus I hate glitter, It never comes off :shock:
Also I really want to see how they do the running scene.
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

The running scene might be easy to accomplish. I think there's a way to film it and then blur the background during editing to make it seem like he/she is running really fast when they're actually running a normal speed. I know you can do it to photos, but I'm not sure if you can do it for film.

That's what I think they're going to do. I don't know for sure, though.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Nikkinik wrote:So I was reading some interview with Robert Pattinson, and they said that they ARE going to make him sparkle (which makes me extremely happy) and he said they tried hundreds of different ways to accomplish this, one of which had something to do with flakes of salt. He said they've decided to now use CGI.

I'm worried! I hope it comes out looking real... but then again, what's so real about a sparkling vampire?

XD i know right!? I constantly find myself thinking *gosh i hope his sparkling doesn't come out retarded* because in your head you imagine Edward sparkling as something breath-taking, beautiful and all together perfect. But to be honest how can you transmit something like that without it looking completely ridiculous? I don't know, i'm choosing not to judge that scene on any aspect of insult since we all can't expect it to come out perfect. I'm just happy that they're making a movie at all.
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
AgentCross
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by AgentCross »

Nikkinik wrote:So I was reading some interview with Robert Pattinson, and they said that they ARE going to make him sparkle (which makes me extremely happy) and he said they tried hundreds of different ways to accomplish this, one of which had something to do with flakes of salt. He said they've decided to now use CGI.

I'm so glad, it really worried me that none of the pictures or trailers showed the sparkle. I can't wait to see The Meadow scene now!
"A Proud Twilight Guy"
eizel
Learning to Love Green

Post by eizel »

the special effects better be good cuz its a big budgeted movie after all... i would be disappointed if it looked really cheap.. but based from what ive seen its looks cool. :|
ImageImage
Credit to http://kawaii-inc.org/ for my sad cute avatar.
im just sad Stephenie Meyer put Midnight sun on hold indefinitely
Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

The only special effects i hope they DONT have is that choppy trail thing when they are going really fast... The type they had in Queen of the Damned.
It would totally rui n the movie for me.
lollikezomg
Settled in Forks

Post by lollikezomg »

Since it is a low budget movie I wont be expecting too much from the special effects. All the stunts seem to be quite basic wire...things, so I say that will be alright but I agree with the people who are worried about the sparkling! I think I read somewhere that Rob said they tried loads of things (something to do with salt...) so I'm guessing they kept going until they found something that worked.

It's the only thing I'm slightly nervous for about this movie.
Edward's_Stalker
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Edward's_Stalker »

Miss Vengeance wrote:The running scene might be easy to accomplish. I think there's a way to film it and then blur the background during editing to make it seem like he/she is running really fast when they're actually running a normal speed. I know you can do it to photos, but I'm not sure if you can do it for film.

That's what I think they're going to do. I don't know for sure, though.

they have a platform that they walk on that is pulled behind a car or something and that gives it the effect of running superfast. the sparkling thing better not look stupid or i'll duct tape them all to the ceiling! *brandishes duct tape*

i wish they had done something to their voices. it's supposed to sound kind of like ringing bells but it just sounded normal in the clips. your views?