Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Special Effects

Post by jlbower79 »

"dingle dingle dingle"... Look i'm sparkling cause I dingle.

*puts the Christmas bells back on the tree*

Sorry, couldn't help myself. *gag*
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
LoveLikeWinter
Settled in Forks

Post by LoveLikeWinter »

jlbower79 wrote:"dingle dingle dingle"... Look i'm sparkling cause I dingle.

*puts the Christmas bells back on the tree*

Sorry, couldn't help myself. *gag*
*SNORT*
Seriously, I didn't notice the dingling the first 2 times I watched...but no. 3, 4, 5, and 6? I couldn't even focus on anything but the darned noise! :?
Keep it light.
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Yeah I think it was actually the sound effects that accompanied the visual effects that made them seem corny. I think the special effects would have been a lot less cheesy if they had left off the whooshing and the dingling. I hope they drop all that crap for the future movies :roll:
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
edwardisperfection
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardisperfection »

saw the movie today, effects were a huge letdown.

the sparkling was laughable. it was soooooo stupid. i was just like what the beep is this it.
and the running was completely horrible, i was cringing

and they didnt make the vampires seem graceful enough either. or pale enough. half the time bella was as pale as edward.
MissWhitlock
Settled in Forks

Post by MissWhitlock »

^^ No, half the time, bella was paler than Edward.
I laughed at all the special effects in the movie, pretty much. Especially that one with James like, flying over bella in the ballet studio. Oh, I pretty much peed on my seat. xD
And the special effects in the "meadow" (it WAS the meadow, right?) when Edward runs around, says "as if you can outrun me" then throws a random stick. That was one of the highlights of the movie! GOD, i could NOT stop laughing. It was just so ridiculously stupid! Why do they BOTHER.
I'm really curious as to how they're gonna do New Moon with all the abnormal growth spurts and the changing into werewolf thing. They'll probably mess it up like they did with Edward's sparkly skin.
Ah, movies these days. They just don't get it right.
The_Lamb
Settled in Forks

Post by The_Lamb »

I always pictured the "sparkle" effect to be more like light reflecting off the skin (like rays almost, or just luminating) rather than what looked like diamontes in the movie. Like they glued diamonds on Robert Pattinson, which I didn't mind toooo much, but it looked funny when they lay in the grass XD
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I saw it yesterday and just started cracking up at the dingling. OH MY GOODNESS. Can't even ignore it now, no matter how much I try. But I do have to say that every time I see it, the sparkling effect gets better in my mind. It totally doesn't look like body glitter any more. *shrugs*
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

soozabooza54 wrote:I saw it yesterday and just started cracking up at the dingling. OH MY GOODNESS. Can't even ignore it now, no matter how much I try. But I do have to say that every time I see it, the sparkling effect gets better in my mind. It totally doesn't look like body glitter any more. *shrugs*

JEEZ saw it with you and didn't hear the dingling. I think I was too engrossed with Rob's body sparkling. LOLZ!
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

^I'm surprised... cut I was totally giggling away. :) And yes... who WOULDN'T be distracted by that?
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
DumBumm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by DumBumm »

That sparkling noise i heard was horrible... he wasn't even sparkling, it looked like someone chucked a bucket of glitter on him.
And the running, it looked like he was hovering off the ground...

I wasted 15 bux to watch Twilight!