Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Special Effects

Post by mlola619 »

Edward's_Stalker wrote:

i wish they had done something to their voices. it's supposed to sound kind of like ringing bells but it just sounded normal in the clips. your views?

yeah...i was thinking about that and i wish something like that could be possible. Who knows maybe it is- all questions will be answered November 21st 8-)
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
MyEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by MyEdward »

I think Roberts voice is pretty perfect in the movie. I love the bit were they are in Edwards room and Bella says she can't dance and Edward says "I could always make you" :D
Do I DAZZLE you?
Sarah-Lynn

Post by Sarah-Lynn »

Oh, help us! That scene makes me weak in the knees, my eyes water, and get goosebumps! The way he looks at her when he says that!!!
Here's the link to the article in the Newsblog section for today. Rob talks about the CGI effects to make him sparkle... I'm kinda glad they are doing it CG. He said that they tried many things, and I bet they weren't very comfortable... http://movies.about.com/od/twilight/a/t ... 3108_2.htm
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Sarah-Lynn wrote:Oh, help us! That scene makes me weak in the knees, my eyes water, and get goosebumps! The way he looks at her when he says that!!!
Here's the link to the article in the Newsblog section for today. Rob talks about the CGI effects to make him sparkle... I'm kinda glad they are doing it CG. He said that they tried many things, and I bet they weren't very comfortable... http://movies.about.com/od/twilight/a/t ... 3108_2.htm
yeah i agree i mean sure they could've tried that flakes of salt thing or w/e...but i think a safer bet is CGI since they can make it just right :D
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

the special effects have to be amazing- to say that they shouldn't look computer animated. plz.
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
grbnte
Settled in Forks

Post by grbnte »

I'm not worried about the effects. I think they will be able to make it look really cool. I am very curious to see what they do for the wolves in New Moon though. Real wolves will be much too small and they will have to do something for the swifting part anyway. It just has me very intrigued!
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

Sarah-Lynn wrote:Oh, help us! That scene makes me weak in the knees, my eyes water, and get goosebumps! The way he looks at her when he says that!!!

I know, i can't imagine the effect it will have on me on the big screen. *swoon and then faint*

I'm mostly afraid of the sparkling. It better not look cheesy or I will be severely disappointed.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

grbnte wrote:I'm not worried about the effects. I think they will be able to make it look really cool. I am very curious to see what they do for the wolves in New Moon though. Real wolves will be much too small and they will have to do something for the swifting part anyway. It just has me very intrigued!
I know I'm wondering how they're going to pull that off. I hope they're going to make them furry... did anyone notice that in "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" Professor Remus wasn't... uh furry? I was slightly confused... but then again, he did have little hair...

I just can't wait to see how they pull all the "effects" off. The running, the glitter, the whole shabam. Haha. Can't wait for November!
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
Edward'sbride
Settled in Forks

Post by Edward'sbride »

Edward's_Stalker wrote:
Miss Vengeance wrote:The running scene might be easy to accomplish. I think there's a way to film it and then blur the background during editing to make it seem like he/she is running really fast when they're actually running a normal speed. I know you can do it to photos, but I'm not sure if you can do it for film.

That's what I think they're going to do. I don't know for sure, though.

they have a platform that they walk on that is pulled behind a car or something and that gives it the effect of running superfast. the sparkling thing better not look stupid or i'll duct tape them all to the ceiling! *brandishes duct tape*

i wish they had done something to their voices. it's supposed to sound kind of like ringing bells but it just sounded normal in the clips. your views?

i don't think she literally means bells....more like their voices are clear,perfect. you know the expression "clear as a bell" more like that.
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

i'm thinking that if the sparkling effect DOES come out looking really cheesy and stupid, then we should all just have a good laugh about it. i dunno...i personally think that if he came up on screen like covered in glitter i would laugh my Why are we talking about a donkey? off instead of being pissed. i mean, at least they're trying to make him sparkle you know? they could have left it out altogether. well....but then again, the meadow is obviously a very pivotal scene. hmm.

and i agree about lupin in harry potter--what was the deal with that? i hope they do not use the same model for the subsequent twilight movies (should there be any--but hopefully there will! is anyone else completely dying to see isle esme in BD?! ahhhh ::giggles::)

oh! this isn't really about a special effect. well maybe a little. anyway, in one of the clips i've seen of edward running through the forest, he's like...touching the trees as he's running past them. kind of like what a human would do if he was running through an uneven forest and needed to keep his balance. point is, edward would never hit a tree! or need to keep balance. just bothered me a teeny bit, but not enough for me to eschew the movie entirely lol
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3