Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Re: Screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg

Post by switzgal »

check this out MTV used my post in their article. I'm FreakyVirgo on the MTV site!!!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/11/23/tw ... d-e-mails/
LeechesRule95
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LeechesRule95 »

switzgal wrote:check this out MTV used my post in their article. I'm FreakyVirgo on the MTV site!!!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/11/23/tw ... d-e-mails/

YOU GO SWITZGAL!!!! *waves hands in the air and then aplauds*

O.M.G........ that was good to post because im sure that alot of people are going to see it and the message WILL BE SENT!!!! yay for us because then the other movies will be better!!!!

I KNOW I SOUND SUPER DORKY...... CANT THINK OF ANY OTHER WAY TO SHOW HOW HAPPY I AM.... :D
LeechesRule95

Post by LeechesRule95 »

katyc wrote:Yes! I agree with you all! They need to get a new writer! Where was "Do I dazzle you?" and "stupid, shiny, volvo owner"???? And where the heck was the blood typing scene? Couldn't they have done that instead of the field trip? I just feel like that scene was kind of essential to let the viewers see Bella and Edwards relationship evolve. It also adds to Bella's character development. I mean, I went into the movie EXPECTING it to be DIFFERENT than the book, but I just feel that to get the point across, the writing needed to be WAY different. There was no build-up, no tension as to why they are suddenly madly in love with each other.

UHHH SO TRUE!!! I had a hard time explaining why I didnt like it, but you just took the words OUTA MY HEAD!!!

I mean like all of the sudden their like omg I like SOOOOOO LOVE YOU! It was like what the hell?

They never show the tension!!!!! Bloodtyping and Bella getting nauscious (sp) was like the part where u can see them building up there friendship..... U kno before that part atleast....

AND HONESTLY how CANT "DO I DAZZLE YOU?" make it in?!?!?!?

SWEETEST LINE EVR and its not corny or anything so i dont think that Kristen would have said anything about it..... BUT THEN AGAIN SHE MIGHT HAVE..... :? :?
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

For the most part I think she did a good job.
We can't expect her to take all of the lines from Twilight and throw them in, or else she wouldn't be the writer just the re-organizer. She probably doesn't know how much dazzle and all of the other lines mean to us. So I can't blame her. Am I disappointed? Slightly, yes. But I can't get angry at her.
The only line that really, really got me mad was the "sex, money, sex, money, cat" line. Edward's a gentleman. He wouldn't have so bluntly said "sex" and let Bella know that what was on their dirty minds. Even in Eclipse and BD he never said sex, it was more old-fashioned stuff like "make love" and stuff. So that line bugged me a whole lot.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
littlenudger
Settled in Forks

Post by littlenudger »

Why they are letting this woman continue to write the other movies is beyond me...

What happened to "Do i dazzle you??" and "stupid shiny volvo owner", the classic lines from the book that made the book so special.I know that you can't put everything from a book like Twilight into a movie and make it perfect,but goodness don't chop the movie up, add a bunch of corny lines that make you want to gag. I mean, the whole "spider monkey" and " my monkey man" oh my goodness.. even the little kids next to me in the theatre were cringing (sp) in their seats. Let your artistic juices flow, but not at the expense of the fans. If not for us, she wouldn't have a pay check.

that might have been mean, but im sleep deprived and kinda sad that the movie was not like i thought it was going to be.
E<3B
Alice Cullen Quirkier than you since 1901
Yes, because a vampire slumber party is the pinnacle of safety conscious behavior.
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

Spider monkey actually wasn't in the script...
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

soozabooza54 wrote:Spider monkey actually wasn't in the script...
Seriously?
I feel bad then for Melissa, when she didn't put that in and everyone's giving her a hard time.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

The story that I heard was that there was kinda a list floating around of possible things Edward could say and that they filmed a bunch of them and I think Rob was actually the one that really liked it. *shrugs*

Either way, I don't think it was explicitly in the script.
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

^^^ yeah I think that's right. Catherine gave him a list of lines to say and he picked "spider monkey."
YourFavoriteAries

Post by YourFavoriteAries »

debussygirl wrote:
soozabooza54 wrote:Spider monkey actually wasn't in the script...
Seriously?
I feel bad then for Melissa, when she didn't put that in and everyone's giving her a hard time.
Like 2 months ago everyone loved the spider monkey line...
:? :lol: :roll:

That's not even something I have a problem with and yeah, it's true that wasn't in the script technically.
Private Chloe Meadows of Jaspers Confederate Army- Stainless Carlet