Discussion of the Twilight movie

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Director Catherine Hardwicke

Post by sarina1113 »

switzgal wrote:CH reveals more stuff that will be on the DVD... can't wait to buy that!!!

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles ... tory.jhtml
GREAT! Even though that makes me even more depressed that they let her go.

Anyways, I'm NOT waiting in line for a dvd. I've done enough of that. I just put one of reserve instead...
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

peacefulpalmtree
Settled in Forks

Post by peacefulpalmtree »

Does anyone think there will be any type of event for the dvd release? I got into Twilight waaaaaaaaaaaay after the books came out, so I never got to go to any of the book release parties.
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

Right now it's not even the director that worries me.. it's Summit. I know this all revolves around $$$ we aren't stupid people, if it didn't make money they wouldn't bother making the movie.. however, they have to know that the fans of twilight the book series was their largest audience. And they have to have heard we were unhappy about some of the basics... like the sparkling in the meadow scene. Catherine wanted a larger budget because she had a grander vision of what Twilight could have been with a bit more money and wanted to make that a reality for New Moon. However, even with the wolf/human scenes needing some real F/X they don't want to spend any more money.

I get the feeling they assume we will go see whatever they put out, no matter what it is.. just call it New Moon and all those Twilight fans will flock to it.

We may see it once, but if they don't do it justice there just won't be people going 7 and 8 times. And if it looks cheesey, they will not be expanding thier audience.

So i do hope they get a good director, but more than that.. i hope they can see we are not a bunch of mindless lemmings.

.. okay.. stepping off my soap box now.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
Nightwalker
Settled in Forks

Post by Nightwalker »

cullen_kissez, the quote in your sig is gorgeous.

But yeah, changing the subject, i can't believe that Summit re thinking about getting rid of our Jacob as well! What are they doing? Theyre slowly killing New Moon. I'v hated every move theyve made since they fired CH. I am not a happy bunny...
TopazLove
Learning to Love Green

Post by TopazLove »

tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

I can't believe they would consider getting rid of Taylor Lautner. I love seeing him on My Own Worst Enemy. I hate to admit it, but i watch the show not for Christian Slater but for Taylor Lautner.

I know people, even myself, have thought he made a great Twilight Jacob but not a good new moon jacob.. however i now have to admit that i think he would be great in the role.

He needs to look younger than Edward. Edward SHOULD appear older. It's one thing in a movie to KNOW that edward is about 100 years older than jacob but i think he should also look older.

I am so not happy with Summit
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
singingsolitude
Wandering Through Town

Post by singingsolitude »

I am sooo anxious so see what Summit does with NM. I REALLY don't want them to get rid of Taylor Lautner. He was just soo... JACOB to me.

and who all has seen The Golden Compass? the guy Summit is thinking about bringing on as director directed that, so I'd like to hear what everyone thought of his other "fantasy" movie. I haven't seen it, but this has got me wanting to go rent it, just to see his style. apparently he can handle fantasy/drama/big FX.... so I guess we'll see?

This is the only article I've seen on the Taylor Lautner story. Summit hasn't released anything yet... and nothing is on SM's website... so I don't know :?:
http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/mt/mt ... 1&limit=20
"The Greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and be loved in return...".
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

I shudder to think what New Moon will be like.

This was the first film I saw that Catherine had directed. I thought that the camera's could have been held a lot steadier, but other than that I was happy with what she had done. It is going to be a shame to see her go.

I do kinda wish that Time Warner had been the one to buy the rights to the movie, that way she would more likely still have a job and the money needed for the new film. Shame neither New Line Cinema's or the WB produced the film.

Hate to ask, but when is the DVD coming out? I am totally looking forward to some of the added scenes.
singingsolitude
Wandering Through Town

Post by singingsolitude »

I do kinda wish that Time Warner had been the one to buy the rights to the movie, that way she would more likely still have a job and the money needed for the new film. Shame neither New Line Cinema's or the WB produced the film.
I completely agree... New Line would have definitely been preferable. That way the movie would have been AWESOME. ahhh if only Peter Jackson had directed this one... I don't think anyone would have had any complaints. (although.... my complaints aren't completely with Catherine Hardwicke... but more so with Melissa Rosenberg >_<)

sigh... I really hope NM turns out alright
"The Greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and be loved in return...".
Davnee
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Davnee »

Changes like these are always so tense, particularly when fans feel so invested in the future of the story. We all want whoever takes charge and puts these movie forth to keep the integrity of the 4 books. That's always going to be a concern. So whoever directs next (because I read the rumors but don't belive them till anything's definitely announced) better take good care of our characters.

On a side note I liked Taylor as Jacob but I understand why they'd look to recast. Jacob grows so tall and matures so quickly from this point on, it wouldn't make sense to keep Taylor in the role. I guess they're hoping people will forgive a new actor in the role since changes in Jacob are expected and not something anyone should be surprised about. However, I am going to miss Taylor's beautiful smile. That's exactly the smile I'd expect Jacob to constantly shine in Bella's face for movie 2. He definitely fit the bill in that aspect.