Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
amandaxcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Director Catherine Hardwicke

Post by amandaxcullen »

TAYLOR WAS REPLACED?! WHAT?
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

amandaxcullen wrote:TAYLOR WAS REPLACED?! WHAT?
It's all speculation right now...but supposedly they're considering Michael Copon *gag*
They want to replace Taylor since he's too "baby-faced"- which i think is ludicrous.
So far i'm not pleased with our new director- the fact that he'd want to replace Taylor is ridiculous.
I find the whole idea not only stupid- but insulting to Taylor.

He's obviously working really hard to beef up to reprise his role, mentioning how he's gained weight and works out 6 times a week. If summit replaces Taylor i seriously doubt i'll want to see New Moon. I personally hate it when they switch around actors in a series- it makes it so unrealistic to me.

You can tell Taylor worked hard on his role and was very excited about coming back- he cares about his character, which is something we want for a series that's so beloved. If they replaced Taylor with that Copon kid I will seriously be so ticked. Not only is Copon incapable of acting, they need to give Taylor a chance
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

mlola619 wrote:
It's all speculation right now...but supposedly they're considering Michael Copon *gag*
They want to replace Taylor since he's too "baby-faced"- which i think is ludicrous.
So far i'm not pleased with our new director- the fact that he'd want to replace Taylor is ridiculous.

He's obviously working really hard to beef up to reprise his role, mentioning how he's gained weight and works out 6 times a week. If summit replaces Taylor i seriously doubt i'll want to see New Moon. I personally hate it when they switch around actors in a series- it makes it so unrealistic to me.

You can tell Taylor worked hard on his role and was very excited about coming back- he cares about his character, which is something we want for a series that's so beloved. If they replaced Taylor with that Copon kid I will seriously be so ticked. Not only is Copon incapable of acting, they need to give Taylor a chance

I agree!
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

navarre wrote:
mlola619 wrote:

I agree!
Same here! Copon is so not Jacob!!!! They should think Steven Strait if they still have the ridiculous idea of changing Jacob, not Copon. You're right. It's such an insult to Taylor.
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

No offence to Copon, but i dont' think he looks much older than Taylor.

I wish they would just stick with Taylor.

This is really stupid, replace the director, replace the actors.. and with Weitz they matters well replace most of the plot like his last movie.

I really hope Summit doesn't take us for granted, yes we are huge fans of Stephenie Meyer but we will not be asked to open our wallets for only a shell of the story we all love so much.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
JessRuby
Wandering Through Town

Post by JessRuby »

tricia wrote:No offence to Copon, but i dont' think he looks much older than Taylor.
I definitely thought the same thing when I looked up who Michael Copon was.
"Marry me first."
"Okay. What's the punch line?"
"You're wounding my ego, Bella. I just proposed to you, and you think it's a
joke."
tricia
Learning to Love Green

Post by tricia »

for anyone who wants a vote you can go here to TMZ they have posted a poll as to who you want to play Jacob Black.

http://www.tmz.com/

It's about half way down the page.
"Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world."

And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways.
modelisous
Settled in Forks

Post by modelisous »

I'm not really bothered if they replace Taylor....I mean he was cool in the film, but either way I'll be sitting there going 'when's Edward and The Cullens coming back?' I find New Moon so dull. Bella is just sooo boring, and soooo utterly helpless, before she becomes a vampire.

Michael Copon looks alright, but from what I've seen of him, his acting is pretty shoddy. I mean BIO:4, was a terrible movie but not helped by his weak acting....

Can't they get Steven Strait? :D

I also, didn't really like Cathrine's style of directing, some of the scenes were great, but she kept getting awful angles of Robert! I mean he is so divine looking, but like everyone had bad angles.
The truth is a terrible thing don't you think?
- You Me At Six

TEAM EDWARD + ROBERT
EITHER WAY, THEIR BOTH GORGEOUS!

I <3 the Cullens (particuarly the guys, damn how hot can they get?)
Alison
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Alison »

I think it's almost a shame that they're even considering replacing Taylor. If that's the case, they really shouldn't even be pushing all of the merch with his face strewn across it (posters, clothing, etc.). What a slap in the face. "Oh, that was the movie I used to be in...." I actually thought he was one of the better actors in the movie, and I think he would have pulled the part off well in the rest of the film series. The casting should have been made solid before Twilight was even made, because to switch characters in and out now just ruins the continuity, especially with a character who is so vital to the story.
"...I wanted to dream. Maybe, if I could be unconscious, if I could dream, I could live for a few hours in a world where she and I could be together. She dreamed of me. I wanted to dream of her." -Edward, Midnight Sun
Lunna-san
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Lunna-san »

Alison wrote:I think it's almost a shame that they're even considering replacing Taylor. If that's the case, they really shouldn't even be pushing all of the merch with his face strewn across it (posters, clothing, etc.). What a slap in the face. "Oh, that was the movie I used to be in...." I actually thought he was one of the better actors in the movie, and I think he would have pulled the part off well in the rest of the film series. The casting should have been made solid before Twilight was even made, because to switch characters in and out now just ruins the continuity, especially with a character who is so vital to the story.
I really agree with that. There are lots of people, like my friend, who didn't read the books but saw the movie and how would be for them if they changed Taylor? I think it would be confusing, if it's not exaplained. And totally unfair with Taylor.

I really desliked Chris' adaptation of "The Golden Compass" and this makes me even more worried about the other films,