Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Re: Director Catherine Hardwicke

Post by anilumagloire »

Lynzeee wrote:WELL SAID navarre!
ESPECIALLY the part about twilight not being good writing.
It is good writing- not all writing as to be complicated and hard to freaking read to be a good book.
Come on... Twilight is far, far away from being a good book. It's incredibly entertaining and it captured me completely, but it is incredibly badly written.
No two ways about it. SM has a long way to go.
There are some incredibly well written books that are pretty simple in their literary style. The Road by Cormac McCarthy comes to mind, or On The Beach by Nevil Shute...
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

strange.. i thought this was a forum for twilight.. do you not like the book at all?
or do you just like the movie?

the writing is good.

the writing is SIMPLE- which for some people is a nice break from reading other things.

i don't know-- to each there own.

It got my sister to read- that makes me happy.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
amandaxcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by amandaxcullen »

I'm a little at ease now that I found out that Cathrine wont be directing but I'm not going to bash about her, I think she's a nice lady. I think the major thing was the screen writer.
As for a new director, I think they should get either the director of LOTR series or the Harry Potter series because they kinda know what they're dealing with and they'll have a bigger budget and know how to make these things pop out of the book.
Team Jacob!
Because a space heater has more potential than a rock.
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

i am fine with a harry potter director-- as long as it is Not david yates.. He ruined OoTP
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
anilumagloire
Wandering Through Town

Post by anilumagloire »

Lynzeee wrote:strange.. i thought this was a forum for twilight.. do you not like the book at all?
or do you just like the movie?
the writing is good.

the writing is SIMPLE- which for some people is a nice break from reading other things.

i don't know-- to each there own.

It got my sister to read- that makes me happy.
I absolutely LOVE those books! I am in love with the movie (have seen it 8 times so far). I have my special edition box and they have been read many, may times. That does not prevent me from recognizing good writing...
I have gotten everyone I can to read them too. Believe me, I am not trying to put them down, but let's call a spade a spade.
The series is far from being a great literary work.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

THIS JUST IN!!! HARDWICKE WILL NOT BE DIRECTING NEW MOON!!!! sorry if you knew that check out SMs website for proof.
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
dazzlingtwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzlingtwilight »

How does everyone feel about her not having Hardwicke for the next movie? I'm kind of curious how another direction will interpret the series...
Totally dazzled by Twilight!
dazzlingtwilight.com

"Do i dazzle you?"
"Frequently."
singingsolitude
Wandering Through Town

Post by singingsolitude »

I'm a little at ease now that I found out that Cathrine wont be directing but I'm not going to bash about her, I think she's a nice lady. I think the major thing was the screen writer.
As for a new director, I think they should get either the director of LOTR series or the Harry Potter series because they kinda know what they're dealing with and they'll have a bigger budget and know how to make these things pop out of the book.
agreed.
"The Greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and be loved in return...".
MidnightStar
Settled in Forks

Post by MidnightStar »

I would have agreed with you guys, but take a sec to read those articles written about Hardwicke not returning. She fought hard to keep the integrity of the book, and was a real fan of SM's work. If they get a big budget director whose job is to make the studio money and doesn't care about the actual story, we fans could be thrown for a loop when New Moon comes out. They are already talking about trying to extend Edward's stay in Forks to give Rob more screen time!!

I'm definitely nervous to find out who will be in charge of New Moon.
Like the morning sun your eyes will follow me
As you watch me wander, curse the powers that be
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

I'm excited to see what someone new can do. But also frightened.

They need to find someone with a less commercial soul that will give this movie less of the childess aspect Twilight might had and make a movie worthy on the books.
But I'm scared, that since this whole thing turns into a bit of a hype they'll atract the wrong art director that will try to please the general audience. Truth to the books is what we do need.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!