Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: The Host Actor Choices

Post by mgrassel06 »

BerAngelVamp wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry, i'm laughing at you! well, with you sorta...you sound like you have add like me! well, to the extent that when anything twi-related comes within 20 feet of me i stop and kinda stare at it, then go right back to where i started....great!! :lol:
anywho, i still say jessica biel is perfect for melanie....and i never thought of emily osment for the new wanda, that's genius! looks a lot like her, innocent, blonde hair, kinda kiddish in a way, like you want to pet her head...and mark wahlberg would make a great doc, but i kinda pictured someone a bit more, geeky looking... :roll:
I can kinda see Jessica Biel...if she's not all crazy made up with make-up and her hair all perfect. Kinda see it...

And who the heck is Emily Osment? I googled her, and she is not familiar to me AT ALL.

And, I can still see Mark Wahlberg as Doc. Like, in that one picture that was posted earlier when his hair is shaggier and his face is all scruffy looking. Not all clean-cut looking.

Oh, and Ian Somerhalder is still Ian, to me. lol
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

mgrassel06 wrote:
And who the heck is Emily Osment? I googled her, and she is not familiar to me AT ALL.
she plays miley cyrus's best friend lilly on the show Hannah Montana...her big brother might be more familiar to you...haley joel osment from "the sixth sense" and "secondhand lions".....
yea....this knowledge is kinda sad...my daughter is 7 and sometimes i think i know more about her Hannah montana world than i do about my sesame street days...haha.... :roll: she is as obsessed with hannah montana like i am obsessed with twilight, so i guess i can't say much...i'll have to look up the ian guy you are talking about, i'm curious now! does he play in anything i'd know?
~Amber
mgrassel06

Post by mgrassel06 »

BerAngelVamp wrote:
mgrassel06 wrote:
she plays miley cyrus's best friend lilly on the show Hannah Montana...her big brother might be more familiar to you...haley joel osment from "the sixth sense" and "secondhand lions".....
yea....this knowledge is kinda sad...my daughter is 7 and sometimes i think i know more about her Hannah montana world than i do about my sesame street days...haha.... :roll: she is as obsessed with hannah montana like i am obsessed with twilight, so i guess i can't say much...i'll have to look up the ian guy you are talking about, i'm curious now! does he play in anything i'd know?

Ooooohhh, I gotchya. Yeah, my 6 year old niece is obsessed with HM, but I didn't recognize the girl's face. haha

And, I think Ian Somerhalder would be a very good Ian. He was in Lost, but got killed in season 1. :( :( :( And that made me very sad.
ImageImage
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

OMG That was Boon. (or however you spell it) he was my favorite charcter in Lost. :( Can't believe he died
anyways My Melanie isn't really like any actor. I kinda thought Megan Fow because she s she same shape and Hair. But she is too pretty for my Melanie.
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
mgrassel06

Post by mgrassel06 »

maddy<3twilight wrote:OMG That was Boon. (or however you spell it) he was my favorite charcter in Lost. :( Can't believe he died
anyways My Melanie isn't really like any actor. I kinda thought Megan Fow because she s she same shape and Hair. But she is too pretty for my Melanie.
Yeah, I loved Boone, too!! I got sooooo sad when he died. He was HAWT!!! lol

Anyways.

I could never see Megan Fox as Melanie (for the reasons I listed a well replies above). I have a hard time thinking on an actor for Melanie (as well as Leah, from Twilight). I have a specific image in my head, and I am kind of stuck with it. lol
ImageImage
kcmiller
Settled in Forks

Post by kcmiller »

The whole time I was reading it, I pictured Mel very similar to Shannyn Sossamon - tall, athletic, tan skin, dark hair...

threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

kcmiller wrote:The whole time I was reading it, I pictured Mel very similar to Shannyn Sossamon - tall, athletic, tan skin, dark hair...

That's really good, what is she on?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
kcmiller
Settled in Forks

Post by kcmiller »

She's been in a lot of stuff but the 2 movies I remember her from are A Knights Tale (with Heath Ledger) and 40 Days and 40 Nights with Josh Hartnett. I think either her or *maybe* Jessica Alba, but definitely someone with a darker complection and an athletic build. Now for the guys, that's harder!
kcmiller
Settled in Forks

Post by kcmiller »

Ok, here is my Jared - Josh Duhamel

kcmiller
Settled in Forks

Post by kcmiller »

Oh yes! Matt Dallas as Ian is PERFECT! If you've ever watched him on Kyle XY, he has the kindest eyes. They may not be the same shade of blue as the book but there is just such a sweetness to him that makes you just want to hug him. Perfect for Ian.

And Tom Welling for Kyle is good match as they look a lot alike..

This is fun!