Cocoa

Twilight verses the Host

Post by Cocoa »

Which book do you prefer and why?
Persephonie
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Twilight verses the Host

Post by Persephonie »

It's difficult to compare, because both are oh so different.
I immensly enjoyed both, enough to read them several times.... but if I had to pick one, I would choose Twilight, simply because I started "feeling" the story from the get go. I really started getting involved in The Host when she was found and brought to the caves......
Krystal
Lured By the Scent

Post by Krystal »

I can't really choose.. I love them both. Like Persephonie said I was completely in love with Twilight from the beginning and in The Host it took awhile before I did. So probably Twilight if I had to choose, but Stephenie is amazing and her story telling/writing really grabs your attention, so all of her books are amazing!! (:
by myhopesaresohigh @ vesperarium
alleymania
Settled in Forks

Post by alleymania »

I think it's a tie. they are both well written and fun to read and the characters (Ian and Edward) are still hot and likeable
**I'll be your Bella if you'll be my Edward**
Dazzled <3
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled <3 »

I think they are hard to compare because they are so different, but I would have to say Twilight. I don't think any other books can compare to the Twilight books for me. I became immediately immersed in the book and fell in love with Edward the second I met him. However, The Host, while it took a while to get started, was still a great book. I love the way Stephenie writes, and would def. read any sequals to the Host if she decides to write them.
..:: Lauren ::..

Why am I covered in feathers?
I bit a pillow. Or two.
NYCBella
Settled in Forks

Post by NYCBella »

Oh gosh, I had a really hard time. And while I LOVE them both. I kind of liked The Host better. Only in certain ways, I think the characters are much more relatable to since they're more human (duh) than most people in Twilight but twilight is and will always be my favorite.
winchestersgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by winchestersgirl »

You guys actually LIKED that book? I HATED "the host".

I thought the plotline was ridiculously slow and repeatedly dragged. I thought that the characters were poorly developed..a joke compared to the TWILIGHT characters. I didn't care whether any of them lived or died.

I was SO disappointed with 'the host'. I had to force myself to finish the book, hoping that it would get better and it didn't.

I HATED the book.
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Defiantly Twilight. I picked up the Host and after about 26 pages threw it down. It wasn't my kind of book and I just kept waiting for it to get good, and it never did. Twilight wins HANDS DOWN!

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
Bianca
Settled in Forks

Post by Bianca »

I like Twilight better.

But I fell in love with the host, though at the end of the story =)
The first few chaperts were a bit boring to me, but I'm glad I read on because it's really interesting how the characters develop.
I love the book because Ian and Wanda get a happy ending. :D
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I am still waitng to read the Host. I thought about buying it, but I just decided to check it out at the library... I have it reserved so when ever the person brigns it back I will get it. I am looking forward to it because I liked Stephenie's writng and am wanting to see what she can do with other characters besides Bella and the Cullens!! But no matter how much I like it I know I will LOVE the Twilight saga better. Nothing compares to it for me!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage