Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Twilight verses the Host

Post by addictedbooklover »

I was thinking of Ian, because Jared isn't really like Edward. Too violent!

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Hmmm... It's impossible to decide which is better. They are soo different, yet soo the same.
And I love all of the main characters of each of them... *sigh*
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
tinuviel2006
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by tinuviel2006 »

I think that The Host was a little bit better literary, Stephenie really mastered her writing skills! The plot was totally different, it had many back stories, different circumstances and the main character had another person in her body. Twilight would always be special in my heart, but I gotta say that The Host is really close to being one of my favorite novels!
FindYourTrueCalling

Post by FindYourTrueCalling »

Would you guys recomend me reading the Host?!

xoxo.
ImageImage
TeamJacob.TeamEdward.TeamJasper.
Because of Twilight,I have unrealistic expectations in men.
tinuviel2006

Post by tinuviel2006 »

FindYourTrueCalling wrote:Would you guys recomend me reading the Host?!

xoxo.

Of course!! It's a wonderful story! It's completely different than Twilight saga. I'm sure you'll love it.
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

FindYourTrueCalling wrote:Would you guys recomend me reading the Host?!

xoxo.
Yup, definitely!
The start is a little bit slow, but once you get into it, it's really good :D

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

Dragonfly
Settled in Forks

Post by Dragonfly »

I found "The Host" really hard to 'get into'. I'm not a huge sci-fi fan so it's a bit out of my genre of reading. It took me at least half the book to finally care about any of the characters. I do think it was really well written. Unlike many here, I don't really feel it was a huge departure from the Twilight series. SM's core themes run through the plot/storyline. I definitely feel it was a more 'mature' novel ... perhaps a graduation of her writing more than subject matter? I must admit, I'm still a little ambivalent about the book and while it grew on me towards the end, for pure enjoyment I would have to choose the Twilight books.

DF
Dragonfly
Settled in Forks

Post by Dragonfly »

I found "The Host" really hard to 'get into'. I'm not a huge sci-fi fan so it's a bit out of my genre of reading. It took me at least half the book to finally care about any of the characters. I do think it was really well written. Unlike many here, I don't really feel it was a huge departure from the Twilight series. SM's core themes run through the plot/storyline. I definitely feel it was a more 'mature' novel ... perhaps a graduation of her writing more than subject matter? I must admit, I'm still a little ambivalent about the book and while it grew on me towards the end, for pure enjoyment I would have to choose the Twilight books.

DF
Remmett_Until_Dusk
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Remmett_Until_Dusk »

:shock: Ok, i hate to sound like...Emmett (actually, no that's a lie. i love to sound like emmett) but do you know how many big words you used in that?! i don't think my vocab stretches that far. tbh, i think the host is a book where, yes it's hard to 'get into' but you still can't put it down. like when there's a c.rap movie on tv and you just can't turn over because you want to know what happens. but once it gets in full swing, it is phenominal. totally. if you scroll back to my arguement on why there isn't a fan community for the host but there is for twilight, i would say that they're not actually that similar. i agree it was a mature novel but i cannot agree with anything else as, unfortunately, it seems i've misplaced my dictionary :lol:
Remmett Until Dusk
Emmett's
Demolition Crew! But not as good as Jasper's Confederate Army! Hell Yeah!
Team PG!-Remmett Nightstorm. ~ Cullenism and patriotism and the host. ~
Cullenism Martyr/Missionary in training.
Dragonfly
Settled in Forks

Post by Dragonfly »

Remmett_Until_Dusk wrote: :shock: Ok, i hate to sound like...Emmett (actually, no that's a lie. i love to sound like emmett) but do you know how many big words you used in that?! i don't think my vocab stretches that far. tbh, i think the host is a book where, yes it's hard to 'get into' but you still can't put it down. like when there's a c.rap movie on tv and you just can't turn over because you want to know what happens. but once it gets in full swing, it is phenominal. totally. if you scroll back to my arguement on why there isn't a fan community for the host but there is for twilight, i would say that they're not actually that similar. i agree it was a mature novel but i cannot agree with anything else as, unfortunately, it seems i've misplaced my dictionary :lol:
*blush* lol sorry :D My husband says the same thing!!