Cocoa

Worlds

Post by Cocoa »

Discuss the worlds discribed in The Host
Jessi
Settled in Forks

Re: Worlds

Post by Jessi »

The flowers planet seemed interesting. It has been a while since I have read the book, but it seemed like...you just swayed in the wind all day...how on earth could a host get into a flower? They must either be very small organisms or the flowers must be huge. Or was it a grass planet?
AND the spider planet...yikes. No thank you. I would opt to NEVER go there!
I found my Edward.
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

The planet that interests me most as the world of the fire eaters. The moral and ethical dilemma presented in the idea that one species must kill another sentient species for survival is interesting and one I would like to explore more.

I'm also interested in the dolphins. Their alternate family structure and reproductive process sounded interesting to explore.
Trey
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Trey »

One planet we really didn't get a whole lot of information on was the Dolphin planet.

Oh and when i was reading The Host i was intensely curious about the planets that are "just opened". What are they? Curious.
PROUD TWI-GUY!

Vampgrl_11 best friend!!

Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

They are planets where the invasion is just beginning.
Twilight_Perfection
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Twilight_Perfection »

I would run like mad from the spider planet, but just they way they think is fascinating.. I wish I could have got more information on the dolphins, that just seemed so beautiful... I really liked the bears though, because they could sculpt ice, and that they have a soft side and a razor side on their hands. That was probably5 my favorite. But the bats was pretty awesome too.

*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

I have to admit, but the idea of living for a long, long time kinda scares me. I think that was the See Weeds, right? I wouldn't really want to live for thousands of years not being able to do much. But it sounds really interesting, though.

Love,
*Wanderer*
Last edited by *Wanderer* on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I like the idea of living for thousands of years not doing much.

because if your life was so slow, i mean, the See Weeds just sway and tell stories, wouldnt it seem like the equivalent of 80 years to a human?

But i don't know.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

I think it be great if SM wrote a book kinda like the Twilight guide but like a description of each planet. Maybe even an artist could draw each creature and planet. . . . . . . . . .I think it's strange that it takes 100+ years
to get to another planet. I have to say my favorite planet is the Dolphins, I just wish there was more about planets in the book. . . . . . . Maybe in a following book there will be more on them. *crosses fingers*
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
Mrs. Emmett Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Mrs. Emmett Cullen »

I thought the one that sounded the most interesting was the bats. Flying, whoo! That must be fun. I also wonder how they establish their different names, though. Like, 'Fords Deep Waters'. What planet did he get that name from?
ImageImageImageImageImage

*Team Edward, because Jacob doesn't sparkle.*