Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Sequels

Post by Alphie »

Stephenie has said that if she revisits these characters, the two sequels would be called The Seeker and The Soul. How do you feel about this series continuing and what do you think could happen in the future for these characters?
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Re: Sequels

Post by vegasn8ive »

I think this book would be great if it never had a sequel. However, since she obviously does sequels really well, I can't wait. I am anxious to learn more about the characters we already know and some new ones. I love the world she created for this story and I would really love more!
eternitys_charm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by eternitys_charm »

I am hoping for a sequel on the Host. I loved the book and it's very creative.
The Seeker doesn't sound like it would be in Wanda's POV, so that'll bum me out because I want to know what happens to Wanda and Ian, Jared and Melanie, and the other people.
I'll just have to wait and see if Stephenie ever does create a sequel to this fantastic book!
Banner and avie made by me for my story.
Please Read it: http://twilightarchives.com/viewstory.p ... 40&index=1
betonalice
Settled in Forks

Post by betonalice »

I am hoping for a sequel, simply because I feel like I need to understand the Seeker more. It is the most violent part of these alien creatures, and I feel like there is depth there that is just waiting to be discovered. I understood the concept of the Seekers and of course, what they did, but again the violence is so different from all the other aliens (that we met at least) and I just need to know more about them. Are they made to be that way? How does one become a Seeker, and how do they live with the violence they encounter and create, really, when it seems everything in the makeup of these aliens seems to be peaceful and passive?

There is so much there, I think it would make an amazing story.
Laura
Potterholic with Twilight Addiction--who says you can't love both?

mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

I'm kinda itching for a sequel to be honest...i really want to have the outside world more developed and have the characters venture off into it where we follow them instead of being stuck in a huge mountain for most of the book (though i thoroughly enjoyed it in THE HOST with all the drama Wanda had to endure haha). Not only that- but i really want to see the character's personalities developed more- especially in intense situations...
And on a side note, i kinda wouldn't want "The Seeker" to be the next title of the sequel if one is made. I don't know, just reminds me too much of HP; not to mention the lame amount of people who would say "SHE'S COPYING HARRY POTTER, BLA BLA BLA" :roll:
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Monica
Settled in Forks

Post by Monica »

I'd be pumped for a sequel. If it is as good as The Host was, I'd devour it any day. I'm all for sequels
Brooklynn10
Settled in Forks

Post by Brooklynn10 »

The Host was a great book. I hope that when she says she'll "revisit" the book, I hope she means that she will revisit the characters. I want to see what happens with Wanda, Ian, Jared, and Melanie. I still have unanswered questions..
Ouisa
Taking over the world and making it pretty!

Post by Ouisa »

I'd like sequels, but Stephenie said she also didn't want to write them because she'd have to kill people she liked. I don't like the idea of people I like dying.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

Ouisa wrote:I'd like sequels, but Stephenie said she also didn't want to write them because she'd have to kill people she liked. I don't like the idea of people I like dying.

Yeah, that makes sense-considering she killed like 50 people in the first one haha
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

I would love for the series to go on. Or as it seems atm... the trilogy.
I hope Stephenie does go on to continue. I really enjoyed The Host.