Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xCONSPiRACYX11
Settled in Forks

Re: Sequels

Post by xCONSPiRACYX11 »

i think that it would be amazing if she made a sequal. i love the host so much and i would lvoe to see the story continue!
bethrose
Settled in Forks

Post by bethrose »

i would love sequels. although i was reading what people were saying and someone said that they knew what the sequel will be like. i would like to know where they got that info, i would like to know what it's going to entail. i'm hoping it will be from Wandas POV. i really like her character and i love IAN. i almost think that the other soul that was in the other group might be a seeker. it's going to be interesting!
here's what they said:
The Seeker doesn't sound like it would be in Wanda's POV, so that'll bum me out because I want to know what happens to Wanda and Ian, Jared and Melanie, and the other people.
Jeminunzi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jeminunzi »

Brooklynn10 wrote:The Host was a great book. I hope that when she says she'll "revisit" the book, I hope she means that she will revisit the characters. I want to see what happens with Wanda, Ian, Jared, and Melanie. I still have unanswered questions..
that's all i ask for in a sequel. If she doesnt revisit Ian and Wanda at least, i would be less tempted to go pick it up.
Students working in New Media are bored in the summer, I take banner requests! PM me
grbnte
Settled in Forks

Post by grbnte »

I am anxiously (and, I hate to admit, not very patiently) awaiting sequels to The Host. When I read the cover it reminded me a little of The Animorphs, with some type of worm taking over the humans' bodies, but I knew that Stephenie would blow any preconceived notions I had out of the water---and of course, she did! I really hope the story is still from Wanda's perspective, although I do like getting to see things from the perspective of the other characters too (like Stephenie has done with Jacob and with extras on her site and will do with Midnight Sun.) Those glimpses do help you see things from their side even better.

I'm so glad she saw Ian turning into more than just the bad guy's helper as she developed the story. The relationship between Wanda and Ian just showed more depth to Wanda and her desire to be a part of the their world (am I the only person who now has a certain Little Mermaid song in her head? Anywho. .) Plus, who can't love a guy that would accept her for what she is (a worm) and love her just the same because of the humanity of her actions and personality--I loved when he said her worm form was beautiful! That relationship is one of the reasons I am dying for sequels. I want to know where things lead, like will Wanda get to experience motherhood through her human body? If so, will she feel the love of a mother for the child or will she feel that it's just her body that is a part of the child and be saddened that she isn't the true mother? How would the child turn out being raised by an alien that is so opposed to violence and is so self-scarificing?

Also, what about Melanie and Jared? I want to know more about Melanie and how she acts now that she has control over what her body does---like smashing people upside the head! Then of course, the Kyle/Sunny relationship. Does Kyle find himself falling in love with Sunny or is it just that it's Jodi's body? Is Jodi really gone for good, or will she reappear in her head? What happens with these new humans---do they bring them to the cave and visit their home or the hideouts of the other groups mentioned? Okay, I think I should stop now---I'm totally with Stephenie when it comes to short posts turning into chapters!! hehe
BittenCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by BittenCullen »

I think sequel for this book could be both disappointing and exciting. It ended so perfectly and i was VERY happy with the ending so i wont mind if she didnt write a sequel. BUT, at the same time i want more from Ian and Wanda together. They realized their love near the end of the novel so, i would want them to have more time together :] though it would be disappointing if the sequel was fighting the seekers or something. It would definetly be bloody. o-o
"I may not be a human, but I am a man."
I Support TeamEdward. ONLY he can send my heart into a panic attack.
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

I love The Host and I'm really looking forward for a sequel if she does write one, but I don't think it's going to be anytime soon. She's probably going to take a break after all the Breaking Dawn mayhem has pasted. Then maybe she'll start writing The Seeker and Midnight Sun again. I really hope she does. I want to hear more about Ian, Jared, Mel, Wanda, and Jamie!
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
chessley_meyers
Wandering Through Town

Post by chessley_meyers »

As much as I love all the characters in the Host, I don't know if I would want a sequel. I think that it ended perfectly, and I wouldn't want to ruin that. I think it would be interesting if she maybe wrote in the same "universe" as the Host, but not necessarily with the same characters. I would definitely like to read about one of the other groups of humans living in hiding, and see how they've been surviving. That would be really cool to see the differences between Uncle Jeb's group and the others.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

chessley_meyers wrote:As much as I love all the characters in the Host, I don't know if I would want a sequel. I think that it ended perfectly, and I wouldn't want to ruin that. I think it would be interesting if she maybe wrote in the same "universe" as the Host, but not necessarily with the same characters. I would definitely like to read about one of the other groups of humans living in hiding, and see how they've been surviving. That would be really cool to see the differences between Uncle Jeb's group and the others.
That's actually a really good idea...sounds alot like something Stephenie would do to be honest...hmm...
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
Nostalgicmiss
Settled in Forks

Post by Nostalgicmiss »

I NEED a Sequel, I just can't get enough of this book, I finish it and want to start reading it again, I adore the characters, and as always SM describes everything so well it paints a vivid picture in my head.
In the words of Oliver Twist . . . Please, Steph, May we have some more?
Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.
- Oscar Wilde
TaintDeMort
Settled in Forks

Post by TaintDeMort »

The way it ended left me asking for more.

I loved the book. Honestly I had heard that she was working on it but it wasnt until I saw it at the grocery store that I saw it was out. Im just so glad that I had the money to get it :)

The next few days were spent completely buried in it. It was refreshing to read a completely different story by Ms. Meyer. I would be a bit wary of a sequel because some good books are good just the way they are. I also had some lingering questions. In a way I felt like I was left hanging after the new characters made their appearence. I wanted to know more about them and how they survived.

I was a bit shocked at Wander's new body as well. Although I loved how psyched Jamie was because he got to choose, which was sweet because he had always seen Wander as she was.

It felt werid to have Wander and Melanie finally apart and in their own bodies because I had become so used to their closeness and how they worked together.

I was so glad for the happy reunion and happy ending. These characters deserved a good ending after all they had been through. Ms. Meyer always astounds me with her writing ability.

The setting and overall concept of the book was great and refreshing. I could see their world so clearly through her imagery. And that is the sign of a great author when you can see so clearly the world that they have made with their words.

-TaintDeMort-