Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Sequels

Post by Black »

Yea, I don't think he'd be as opposed to it anymore. Not now that they have a little community of their own and the pressure to keep the human population going what with their new-found hope and all.

But I think it kind of sucks for them that they didn't do it in the cabin at the beginning of the book because didn't Melanie jump down an elevator shaft shortly afterward? There's your birth control XD.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

mlola619 wrote:
chessley_meyers wrote:As much as I love all the characters in the Host, I don't know if I would want a sequel. I think that it ended perfectly, and I wouldn't want to ruin that. I think it would be interesting if she maybe wrote in the same "universe" as the Host, but not necessarily with the same characters. I would definitely like to read about one of the other groups of humans living in hiding, and see how they've been surviving. That would be really cool to see the differences between Uncle Jeb's group and the others.
That's actually a really good idea...sounds alot like something Stephenie would do to be honest...hmm...
It sounds a lot like LOST to me :P
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

*Triple Post*

I've been reading through this thread and it has me all the more pumped about a possible continuation. But is anyone else afraid that Stephenie might die before she has a chance to get the sequels out? That's like... my greatest fear right now. I am so psyched about these potential sequels (as well as the potential Twilight branches) that if she were to die, I would be extremely disappointed. I'd probably never get over it. Thinking of what could have been. What I could have had... SEQUELS! Ack.
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

Oh, Black. If I didn't sort of agree with you I'd say you're being a tad melodramatic.

You could fear for the life of your favorite stories without fearing for the life of their author, you know. That's what I think about. Especially since SM dying would sadden me beyond the loss of potential new stories, you weirdo. :D

I'm a writer, so I know how fickle story ideas can be sometimes. What if she never returns to Wanderer and Ian, Mel and Jared? What if Forks and the Cullens never make another appearance in her stories? Worst of all, what if she just gave up writing altogther?

Death isn't the only thing that can put the kibosh on writing...
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
x. Jessica-Louise .x
Lusting for Blood

Post by x. Jessica-Louise .x »

Black wrote:*Triple Post*

I've been reading through this thread and it has me all the more pumped about a possible continuation. But is anyone else afraid that Stephenie might die before she has a chance to get the sequels out? That's like... my greatest fear right now. I am so psyched about these potential sequels (as well as the potential Twilight branches) that if she were to die, I would be extremely disappointed. I'd probably never get over it. Thinking of what could have been. What I could have had... SEQUELS! Ack.

Haha I must admit I have thought oh no what if SM DIES! But then I got a grip on myself and calmed down. It would be awful if that happend though...maybe we should get SM a bodyguard or something...
Edward, Eммεтт, Jasper, Seth, Ian, Jared,
Dιмιтrι, Mason, Peeta, Rhage, Heath, Erik,
Stark, Dαмεη...Boys in books are just вεттεя
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Melodramatic? No. Death can happen at any moment. It would be silly of me to assume that she's going to live a long, happy life just because we all want her to. And the kind of death that could be prevented by bodyguards isn't what I'm worried about. I'm more concerned about serious health problems (maybe a brain aneurysm) or a plane/car crash or something like that. Something sudden.

I already have a grip on myself. I'm not going to convince myself that it won't happen, because it most definitely could. The only thing I can do is sit back and take whatever happens, I guess. Hell, I might even die before the sequels come out XD. But I doubt I'll be conscious enough to feel sorry about that.
slightlyobsessed
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: Joining a 15-Step Program for those who make unseemly comments on Rob Pattinson's Thread...

Post by slightlyobsessed »

My intent wasn't to be offensive, Black. If that's the way I came off, I apologize. Believe me when I say that I know all too well how quickly life can end. I was merely saying that it seemed a bit intense, this fear for Stephenie's life, and the lives of her would-be books. It's dangerous to always be worrying about things you have no control over (brain aneurysms and plane crashes and such).

I guess if we take nothing else from The Host it should be to cherish the life we have now--not to waste it. In MY opinion (and I understand that not everyone feels this way) worrying about what might happen is wasting the days where those things don't happen.

In a similar vein: I think, because The Host is advertised as an adult book, in the sequels Stephenie might kill off one of her more main characters (meaning it's probably more likely in this series than in any YA series). Who do you think she would kill off?
ImageImage
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER LEGAL REPRESENTATION
APPC: Shopaholic
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

slightlyobsessed wrote:My intent wasn't to be offensive, Black. If that's the way I came off, I apologize. Believe me when I say that I know all too well how quickly life can end. I was merely saying that it seemed a bit intense, this fear for Stephenie's life, and the lives of her would-be books. It's dangerous to always be worrying about things you have no control over (brain aneurysms and plane crashes and such).
No, I know, I know. I wasn't offended at all. I just would have preferred the term 'realistic'. :P

Anyway, I'm not worrying to the point of making myself sick or anything like that. I know that it's useless to waste time worrying over things we can't control, which is why I said that all I could do is sit back and take whatever happens. No sense in hoping for anymore than that.

I think Jeb's gonna die. If Ian, Jared, Wanda, Mel, Sunny, Kyle or Jamie die... I'm gonna be pissed XP.
Maybe Doc will go. Yea, I bet Doc's gonna die. Doc and Jeb. I'd say Sharon and/or Maggie but I doubt I'd get that lucky, haha.
BaylorBear12
Wandering Through Town

Post by BaylorBear12 »

I really hope that no one dies in the books. I really would like to see Wanda or Melanie have a baby. I also think that it would be cool if she wrote the book from both of their perspectives. I would miss not hearing from melanie if she decided to keep it in Wandas Point of view.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I know. I will be very upset if it isn't from Wanda's or Melanie's POV. I think she set the story up so that it could be from Wanda's POV from here on out if she wanted it to be, but the titles "The Seeker" and "The Soul" don't sound too promising. :cry:

But why would she would introduce a whole new set of cave people if she wasn't planning on sticking to the caves and the inhabitants thereof?

I would really love to see some babies as well. In fact, that's the only reason I want a sequel, really XD. And I think there's a good chance of it happening because I think it's obvious that Steph likes to make parents out of her favorite characters. Probably because it's such a big part of who she is and wants her characters to be able to experience the same woes and joys.

Speaking of babies (sorry, this is going to sound a little weird but you've got the wheels in head turning now, haha), what do you think would have happened if Ian'd gotten Wanda pregnant while she was still in Melanie's body? And let's say a year or so later they find Pet. Hypothetically (all things considered) who do you think would get the baby?