Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jeanette13
Settled in Forks

Re: Sequels

Post by Jeanette13 »

I actually look forward to a sequel for this book, The Host. I sadly almost liked it better than Twilight. I want to know about this new universe Stephenie has introduced us to. Whatever she does I'm sure it will be amazing! I just really want a sequel. I will be a little worried if she doesn't mention Wanda or Melanie again though. I really grew to love all the characters. To think,i almost didn't read the book too. Um,I kinda think it would be interesting if she did the Jacob/Bella views in The Host sequels.Where she changes views,just not for the whole book. Well thats all i have to say.I hope i don't have too many typos.I tend to do that when I type quickly.
Twilight is so worth it.
ianxedward
Settled in Forks

Post by ianxedward »

I would seriously have a heart attack/pass out/die if I found out there was going to be a sequel to The Host. Or scream really loud. That'd work.

It is my absolute favorite book of all time besides Harry Potter...'cause pshhh it's Harry Potter.

I'm sorry...but I like The Host much better then Twilight *hides from fangirls*

I see a Wana/Ian/Burns love triangle coming..and my heart's probably gonna break for poor Ian. Stephenie Meyer makes me too emotional.
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

ianxedward wrote:I would seriously have a heart attack/pass out/die if I found out there was going to be a sequel to The Host. Or scream really loud. That'd work.

It is my absolute favorite book of all time besides Harry Potter...'cause pshhh it's Harry Potter.

I'm sorry...but I like The Host much better then Twilight *hides from fangirls*

I see a Wana/Ian/Burns love triangle coming..and my heart's probably gonna break for poor Ian. Stephenie Meyer makes me too emotional.

oh my goodness i thought of the same thing! burns was sooo captivated by her...i can see it too! but i feel like it would be more him loving her than her loving him...but she would probably be curious...darn stephenie meyer and her love triangles!
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

as long as she doesn't go all NEW MOON on me (btw New Moon is my favorite all time book) I'll be ok.. I dont mind a traingle here and there... that whole Burns idea sounds VERY interesting!

As long as we get back to Wanda and Ian at some point... seriously.

BTW I love ya'lls Host banners! LOVE!
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by mgrassel06 »

Yeah, I reeeeeeeeeeally want more on Wanda & Ian, as well as seeing how Mel and Jared are after Mel is Mel again. (Does that make sense? lol) And more on Burns would be awesome, too. I wanna see more on the other humans. But really more on Wanda and Ian, yes. lol

Love to The Host banners, yes!! Agreed, Jaime!!
Oh, and icons, too!
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
jlbower79

Post by jlbower79 »

i totally want a host banner now! WOOT WOOT! I love the avators too!!

You know she is calling the second one "The Soul" and the last "the Seeker" and it almost seems like the soul would be last... just because... i totally think of Wanda when I think "The Soul".. she is the soul of the books!

Thanks Megan! WOOT WOOT!

Jaime
mgrassel06

Post by mgrassel06 »

I thought I heard "The Seeker" was going to be next? I can't heard anyting on "The Soul".

I think it'd be interesting to hear more from the Seeker's point of view...but, oh God, I need more on Wanda and Ian. haha

And, yeah, I tried putting a Host banner/icon on my sig, but I had too many characters. :( lol
ImageImage
jlbower79

Post by jlbower79 »

they totally need to redo that whole character limit! sheesh!

Um She said The Soul she had two chapters done and her outline... then the next would be The Seeker...

I really don't care about the seeker :D I WANT Wanda and Ian and even Jared... I'm still iffy about Mel, but I think she'll grow on me when I really get to read about her.

Maybe Wanda and Ian could plan a wedding... think of all the drama planning a wedding could me... then a book on just the honeymoon....... ok i know that's retarded but you know you would read it.
mgrassel06

Post by mgrassel06 »

That's cool! Chapters! Outlines! Yay! lol

hahaha yes, I would read it. :oops:

But I do just really want more on Wanda and Ian, and Burns and trhe other humans, too. I would like to see how Mel and Jared are together [when it's not Wanda in Mel, but Mel herself].
ImageImage
jlbower79

Post by jlbower79 »

yeah ditto ditto!

I love that Burns idea... ian wouldn't put up with that! WOOTWOOT TO drama!