Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Re: Sequels

Post by threethings »

bandnerd218 wrote:the first words that came that came out of my mouth literally were, "i NEED a sequel" if she made a sequel i would be sooo happy. you dont even understand.. you probably do but... you know what i mean :)
I get what you mean. In my mind this story is not complete and it will linger until she writes a sequel.
PLEASE STEPHANIE MEYER!
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
mgrassel06
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by mgrassel06 »

pretty please? :(
Sponser of the DBJ: Donating Blood to Jasper & Co.
ImageImage
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

mgrassel06 wrote:pretty please? :(
You summed it up in two words. Exactly. Perfectly. Sadly.
ImageImage
OneDazzledLamb
Settled in Forks

Post by OneDazzledLamb »

As a stand-alone novel, it is beautiful. But I'm begging for a sequel!

I didn't come to the Twilight saga until the week BD was released, so I was able to go from book one to the inevitable standoff with the Volturi, one after the other, loving the characters, then letting them go (for a short while) with the last page.

For the first time for me ever, I finished a book, The Host, then immediately turned to page one and started over. I can't say I read the entire story in one sitting, but it certainly didn't take long for me to finish, then start again. I devoured the world Stephanie created in The Host, and wanted more. Want more. Maybe rereading it will satisfy my need, but I would love to learn more about the Earth these aliens have created for our host bodies, about Jamie, Jared, Melanie, Ian, Wanda... everyone and everything.
bookluvverx4
Settled in Forks

Post by bookluvverx4 »

It NEEDS a sequel! I mean, the ending was nice, but....it only discusses how everyone is just starting to adjust to having Mel and Wanda separate. Steph doesn't continue to say how things change over time. I would like to know if/how the human resistance takes their world back....how things remain between WandaxIan and MelxJared...I would love the sequels to switch back and forth between the perspectives of Wanda and Mel (I love and admire Wanda, we didn't hear as much from Mel).....or Ian and Jared...I think they'd be interesting narrators, too.
TEAM JACOB ALL THE WAY! TEAM O'SHE...PROOF THAT NOT ALL GUYS ARE THE SAME!
MissMagnolia
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by MissMagnolia »

I think a sequel would be good. I would hope it would continue the story. I am curious to see how the relationships end up. Mostly I am interested in seeing if a relationship between the other rebel groups develops.
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

i want there to be sequels sooo bad...this story cant just end with one book...i need more!!!! but the title the seeker make sit seem like it wont be from wandas persective...=[..i dont like that very much...but i will take what i can get! plus i really and not very good with books that arent sequels...i never really get closuer on everything...i would rather there be a sequel to the host then midnight sun being out....yeah!
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
esmecullen740
Settled in Forks

Post by esmecullen740 »

I think that it's a great ideas. I didn't like it at 1st but when she finally get to the cave, it caught my interest. I totally would love to see the 2nd book come out.It'll be so cool.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

esmecullen740 wrote:I think that it's a great ideas. I didn't like it at 1st but when she finally get to the cave, it caught my interest. I totally would love to see the 2nd book come out.It'll be so cool.
Setting up the story was a little confusing and boring. But after the whole Ian, Jared and Jamie conflict happened, I couldn't put it down. I'm begging Steph to do this, for the sanity of all of us.
ImageImage
SoulLife
Settled in Forks

Post by SoulLife »

i just hope we get to see the other charaters really develope, liek jamie when he's older and of course ian and wanderer! but im dieing to know how the rest of there life goes and fanfictions just aren't cutting it.